Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 04:03 PM

62,956 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Nobody supports that. But they also don't support the idea that it was worse than Pearl Harbor, 9/11.

But they don't wanna hear that and debate that.

Same as when people say you hate foreigners when you clearly state "Illegal".

They latch onto the extreme strawman to avoid the argument.
Yep, that's the left for you. Just like opposing illegal immigration they claim "well you just don't like brown people". They all need to be in therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 04:09 PM

1,073 posts, read 622,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
For someone saying to stick to the truth and facts and blaming others for a conspiracy theory, you’ve provided no proof to yours, but please do provide facts and truth about a sitting POTUS causing the attack?

And thinking Republicans won’t win another election is priceless, but we both know it’s wishful thinking on your part.
Did you see Trump's speech? His words fueled the group of people that day. Read the below links- Sharman's lawyer used Trump's words as part of his defense. Meaning they are blaming Trump for inciting the riot.

https://www.insider.com/qanon-shaman...scovery-2021-3
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ns/ar-BB1e3ERR

As far as future election, do you think R's can win if they maintain the conspiracies? I am not a R or D-- an independent that actually had a lot of respect for the Grand Old party. I think American's are smart enough to see the same problems with the R's that I am seeing. Get back to truth. I hope this is the case by the grace of God.

Republican's have become the QAnon/conspiracy party. Reagan is rolling over in his grave....

Old 01-06-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
While the Right is desperately trying to pretend it didn't happen. Like a cat trying to cover its poop on the linoleum.
Please point out any rightie in this forum who said it didn't happen. I'll wait!

Old 01-06-2022, 04:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Did you see Trump's speech? His words fueled the group of people that day. Read the below links- Sharman's lawyer used Trump's words as part of his defense. Meaning they are blaming Trump for inciting the riot.

As far as future election, do you think R's can win if they maintain the conspiracies? I am not a R or D-- an independent that actually had a lot of respect for the Grand Old party. I think American's are smart enough to see the same problems with the R's that I am seeing. Get back to truth. I hope this is the case by the grace of God.

Republican's have become the QAnon/conspiracy party. Reagan is rolling over in his grave....
Read it, and it obviously didn’t incite the riot…but if it did like you want to believe, why hasn’t he been charged due to that speech?

Always love the Qanon and conspiracy references. Dems been going on conspiracy theories about because Trump for almost 5 years and he’s still galavanting freely because they’re nothing more than conspiracy theories, lol.

Dem/Sleepy Joe approval ratings are so low it won’t matter what Republican runs to win…and the Dem debacles will continue to stack up.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:15 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have to laugh at the constant leftist claim that it was an attempt to overthrow the government. A few hundred people couldn't possibly do that. It wasn't about that it was based on thinking the election was stolen by cheating. It got out of hand. I don't agree with their actions and they should be prosecuted for what they did but to say they were going to try and overthrow the government is really reaching and being melodramatic. Typical leftists though with their made up melodramatics.
Exactly. One would have to have the IQ of a turnip to contend that 1/6 was a serious attempt to overthrow the government.
The plot of "The Mouse That Roared" was more believable.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:

Accusations do not equate to facts unless they are proven. In both of your links it was an attempt by Shaman's lawyer to pin his actions on Trump to try and save his client.

"Fight like hell" doesn't necessarily mean in a physical way. One can fight like hell with words and protests. Your attempt also to pin this on Trump who also said march peacefully is a big fat fail!

We are only responsible for our own actions anyway. For example, just because someone thinks they were encouraged to break the law and they do it it's on them and them alone!

Old 01-06-2022, 04:20 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
The left is obsessed with January 6th....is is very odd!
Some of us have this weird hang up about a peaceful transfer of power rather than using the 3rd world model for taking over when an election is lost, go figure.

Remember when Obama transferred power to Trump and was gracious in each and every way, but the entitled Trump supporters just can't handle a lost election.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:21 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Yeah, the Grand Poobah with those horns were a REAL threat!!!!

Yet he got a prison sentence and complains about the food

Old 01-06-2022, 04:21 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:

Of course they will blame Trump. I couldn't view your first link because I use Ad blockers, but I saw no Trump speech in your second link.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Some of us have this weird hang up about a peaceful transfer of power rather than using the 3rd world model for taking over when an election is lost, go figure.

Remember when Obama transferred power to Trump and was gracious in each and every way, but the entitled Trump supporters just can't handle a lost election.
Dems were so peaceful in their transfer of power to because Trump that impeachment talks started almost immediately and they’ve been on a goosechase to “get him” ever since, lol.

Besides, because Trump is simply doing what Dems would’ve done is Sleepy Joe lost.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...?client=safari
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies