Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 10:37 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

USPS wants 120-day extension for COVID vaccine-or-test mandate

Deputy Postmaster General says the vaccine requirement or testing is 'likely to result in the loss of many employees.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...s-supply-chain

"The U.S. Postal Service is requesting a temporary waiver from President Biden's employer vaccine mandate, warning in a letter sent to federal labor officials that mandates or weekly testing measures could impact the agency's ability to operate."

More USPS problems we do not need.

We already have had a problem with the gross slowdown of Service of the USPS.
Having had mailed my AT&T payment on December 9th it had not cleared the Bank as of January 4th.
To rectify this as AT&T told us on the 4th that they had not received payment as of that date we payed the bill over the phone.

This morning we came to find that AT&T received the check mailed on Dec. 9th the day after, January 5th.
This comes at a time where I am on temporary Disability insurance and our Disability monthly payment had not yet hit the Bank and the double payment caused bank problems.

Almost one full month for a First Class letter to be delivered is ridiculous and now Biden is going to make that situation even worse.

FJB and his policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 10:40 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
All the infected effectively become vaccinated. Antibody tests are more expensive than having someone put a sticker on a card though I suppose. How about just no more vaccine requirements except for residents in assisted living facilities? They are largely pointless if you are under the age of 50ish give or take.

Would I want to deliver mail or work in a post office? Let me think....maybe...depending on the pay...and I'll get the shots but won't wear a mask...I'm not putting that piece of cloth over my face again.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
All the infected effectively become vaccinated. Antibody tests are more expensive than having someone put a sticker on a card though I suppose. How about just no more vaccine requirements except for residents in assisted living facilities? They are largely pointless if you are under the age of 50ish give or take.

Would I want to deliver mail or work in a post office? Let me think....maybe...depending on the pay...and I'll get the shots but won't wear a mask...I'm not putting that piece of cloth over my face again.
Sometimes our local delivery is so bad I think about going and doing it myself.

Still, no need for Biden to make it worse.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:45 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
When people start starving to death over this senseless mandate, I wonder if anyone will wake up and see the light? Probably not. Let's take what is now typically a few hours of the sniffles with this latest "variant" and use it to cause another "crisis" for the government to step in and declare martial law and take over what's left of the economy.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:57 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Sometimes our local delivery is so bad I think about going and doing it myself.

Still, no need for Biden to make it worse.
It's give and take...humanity is getting more lazy but corporations are getting more demanding...with UPS the drivers are given a rather high workload so much so that my local driver will knock and 5 seconds later he's already gone...he power walks from delivery to delivery. Not a job I would want compared to what I have now which I admit is fairly easy...make sure my machine keeps pumping out large quantities of coban and micropore backing, and it goes smoothly with long breaks 95% of the time.

Throw in a labor shortage and more work is demanded out of the existing labor force...it's always been a push/pull, give and take between how much the employer demands and how much the employees give.

Whats starting to wear on people where I work are the ones abusing covid rules and FMLA...so they get a mild case of covid and are now gone 10 days and we are expected to cover the overtime and many of us don't want overtime...my labor of right now will be worth 15% less in a year because of bad monetary policy anyways....so why stockpile extra cash? Plus there is a labor and housing shortage around here that is above the nationwide average.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:22 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Wise decision. Who knows, what’ll be left of all this in 120 days.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:31 AM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
It's working as intended.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=694861b4601d

Old 01-06-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
From your link;

"DeJoy and USPS leadership announced a new strategic plan in March, which proposed such controversial measures as cutting post office hours and extending service standards, which could result in as much as 30% of first-class mail now being delivered within five days instead of three days."

In my case I wish my phone and internet payment had taken 5 days instead of 26-27 days it did take.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:59 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

For City Carrier Assistants (CCA)currently $18.92/hr with a $0.50/hr pay raise after a year. in service And a 2.3% general wage raise coming on November 22. Now once in due to the union contract the CCA will be mandated to work 12 hour days and Sundays as they must be maximized before the more carriers are mandated to work 12 hours and on Sundays.

Since there is a two year wait to receive "career" status and the full federal workers benefit package and to start receiving the general time is service wages many look at other employers that match that wage without those mandated hours which makes things like working your way through school or going to most church services impossible

Old 01-09-2022, 11:04 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
OSHA and the postal service have fought in the courts before….

https://www.osha.gov/news/newsreleas...ion10/02272012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies