Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2022, 07:20 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,279,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope. Voting for Val Demings. Republicans in FL including DeSantis have already come out in support of the abomination that is the TX heartbeat abortion law.

I will not vote for any candidate who is not pro-choice.
You will be disappointed. Rubio and DeSantis will win easily. Enjoy the liberal tears!

Old 01-08-2022, 07:25 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,407,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
DeSantis made sure that the elderly in LTC (assisted living and nursing homes) along with those who had a doctor's note indicating that they were very high risk for complications from Covid were the first to get the shot. This approach benefited the entire community by protecting the most vulnerable first and foremost preventing the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.

Next in line, were the elderly people living independently, whether they lived in their own homes or Independent Living communities. Your mom and my mom had the same priority from the sounds of it her community just figured out a way to make things easier.

Like I said, there were kinks to work out in the early distribution. But they were worked out in a manner of weeks and I really have no complaints.
That is not even true.

DeSantis initially said health care workers would be first as made sense.

Then he flipped to elderly. But, surprise elderly in nursing homes and/or their caregivers(children) did not want to be Guinea pigs so he flipped back to health care workers to show the elderly people wouldnt drop dead from the vaccine. Most of this was done on tv rather than coordinated with his health depts which never knew which end was up from day to day.

In any case, despite having had over a year to develop a systematic method for distributing the vaccine to seniors not in congregated facilities he had none. No appointment system despite the fact it was 2021 and such systems are easy to set up.

Instead, his health depts set up events that involved seniors waiting in lines/lawn chairs in cold temps and dangerous automobile traffic sitches. They weren't even smart enough, nor was he, to involve LEO in managing traffic plans.

You are certainly free to accept that sort of slipshod lack of leadership on behalf of your mother and/or yourself. I dont accept it either for my mother, myself or anyone else.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You will be disappointed. Rubio and DeSantis will win easily. Enjoy the liberal tears!
I think you are the one who will be surprised.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Wow. So you are saying private industry does it better than the feds!!!!! DeSantis did and is doing a great job!
No I said private industry did it better than DeSantis. He in fact interfered with private industry at one point to make himself look better. Nonetheless, they saved his a$$.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:34 PM

17,169 posts, read 16,318,420 times
Quote:
That is not even true.

DeSantis initially said health care workers would be first as made sense.

Then he flipped to elderly. But, surprise elderly in nursing homes and/or their caregivers(children) did not want to be Guinea pigs so he flipped back to health care workers to show the elderly people wouldnt drop dead from the vaccine. Most of this was done on tv rather than coordinated with his health depts which never knew which end was up from day to day.

In any case, despite having had over a year to develop a systematic method for distributing the vaccine to seniors not in congregated facilities he had none. No appointment system despite the fact it was 2021 and such systems are easy to set up.

Instead, his health depts set up events that involved seniors waiting in lines/lawn chairs in cold temps and dangerous automobile traffic sitches. They weren't even smart enough, nor was he, to involve LEO in managing traffic plans.

You are certainly free to accept that sort of slipshod lack of leadership on behalf of your mother and/or yourself. I dont accept it either for my mother, myself or anyone else.
No the elderly in LTC were definitely prioritized and there was high demand for the vaccination because those people had been living with the greatest restrictions - not being able to see family was a BIG one. Families were desperate to see their loved ones again.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
No I said private industry did it better than DeSantis. He in fact interfered with private industry at one point to make himself look better. Nonetheless, they saved his a$$.
Obviously you are a hater. Just come back here when your candidate of choice is defeated by DeSantis this November.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:48 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,417,214 times
Quote:
Say what you want. DeSantis is doing very well here in Florida. We live in a free state. We do not have left wing idiots telling us what we can and can not do. I will take DeSantis any day over whoever runs the state your in!!!
He won last time by about 32,000 votes. That is not a mandate.

Covid has killed how many Floridians? 62,688 as of this writing, most of whom were most likely Evangelical Republicans who refused to take protective measures.

He may seem to be doing very well, to those with confirmation bias.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
He won last time by about 32,000 votes. That is not a mandate.

Covid has killed how many Floridians? 62,688 as of this writing, most of whom were most likely Evangelical Republicans who refused to take protective measures.

He may seem to be doing very well, to those with confirmation bias.
Maybe when you wake up and view the R to D numbers DeSantis is in the drivers seat. Enjoy the defeat!

Old 01-08-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
No the elderly in LTC were definitely prioritized and there was high demand for the vaccination because those people had been living with the greatest restrictions - not being able to see family was a BIG one. Families were desperate to see their loved ones again.
You are wrong.

DeSantis first prioritized health care workers, then he flip flopped to prioritize LTC. When the patients wouldnt take the vaccine he flipped back to health care workers to provide examples and then he went back to LTC.

Most of that on TV as I said, so his heath depts never knew which end was up.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,417,214 times
Quote:
Obviously you are a hater. ...
tsk, tsk

Again you people with the 'hate' allegations. As if that's the only motivation you really understand which is certainly believable.

That's lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies