Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 07:54 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LOL. . . Nixon certainly believed that Kennedy stole the election - with a little help from Daddy's friends in low places. And Kennedy had a GREAT P.R. team to make him "beloved" despite his vile character.

President Kennedy’s inaugural address (1961) :
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country!"
Sounds great, right?

Try this :
“Ask not what your government can do for you - ask what you can do for your government!”
Huh?
A “country” (as in “dirt”) can’t do a thing for you. And he's not talking about "the people" since they can't do diddly for you, either. He’s really talking about “government”.
Governments were instituted to SECURE RIGHTS.
What is Mr. Kennedy peddling?
Don’t ask government to do its job - but offer to serve the government !?
That’s an indication of how fouled up our ability to comprehend what we hear.
Great way of explaining the true meaning, jetgraphics!

That line always bothered me every time I heard it! It presumes a lot.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:16 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If there was any election fraud then Trump would have never been elected in 2016
It’s much harder to steal an election without mass mailin ballots like we had in 2020. Also I don’t think anyone was expecting Trump to win so if they did want to try and do something at the last second it would have been nearly impossible. Michigan and Pennsylvania did have huge ballot dumps in the days after the 2016 election which appeared they made an attempt to maybe flip one of those states but it wasn’t enough

Old 01-07-2022, 08:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
no, no one said that.

well ok, you did because you just made it up. You either choose not to read what people actually are stating, or are a propaganda tool. you choose which.
Of course those doing it aren't actually "saying it". Some don't even realize they are being manipulated, and those that are the manipulators will not admit what their doing.

All I'm saying is that there has been no valid proof that the election was rigged, or that there was widespread fraud, and certainly no proof that any isolated instances changed the outcome.

Look at Arizona, even the Republican led team couldn't find proof when they investigated.

You probably think I'm naive, but I am 100% confident, that if there were proof of widespread fraud resulting in a rigged outcome, we'd have proof of it. Not "pillow-guy conspiracies", but actual proof. It would be widespread on liberal and conservative media, as well as the internet. It doesn't exist because it didn't happen.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:35 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
its not that they counted all these ballots properly and tabulated them correctly. I get that. The problem is -in a nutshell - the well over 7M unsigned ballots from all over the US - well ok, from blue states - that have ONLY the presidential candidate, no senate, no congress, no state, no local, no questions

Is that a problem?

If one were cynical and this is not above board, one will wonder if the other parts on the ballot were left blank to avoid an over-vote which would bring scruitiny and hence diminish 'plausible deniability' - the cornerstone of any DNC conversation. One that Hillary herself uses what over 50 times each book PER book?

Never before in the history of the US have we had anywhere near a couple thousand unsigned ballots let alone 7M, all from blue contested states. Instead we are told that having signed, traceable ballots to a registered ballot is racist (their words, not mine)

Until that is fixed, there will ALWAYS be questions. And until the Biden backing deniers stop putting fingers in their ears, there will always be animosity.
Can you post a link about 7 million unsigned ballots? I am not finding anything on that specific claim.

I would still be mighty interested in how many President-only votes Trump got. He 100% got them. That number is always conveniently left out to make it seem more sinister that Biden got President-only votes.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:49 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Oh, so now spending money to increase turnout among somebody's favored group is "stealing" an election?

Yup, the republicans, seeing that every single recount, audit and case course has proven that Joe Biden won the election fair and square, are now resorting to claiming that perfectly legal and legitimate methods of increasing voter turnout consititutes "stealing" an election.
"perfectly legal and legitimate"

I won't get into whether your correct there, but do you have any opinion of the morality of what we're talking about?

Is it right?

What would your opinion be if we swapped out Zuckerberg for Koch and Democrats for Republicans?

Still "perfectly legal and legitimate" to dump $350,000,000 on a couple of campaign offices in a midwestern swing state to boost Republican turnout?

Your position is basically, "Anyone who can buy an election is fully justified in doing so."

I have no doubt that you'll dispute that characterization, but that's what your position above boils down to. If that's not what you believe, maybe change the ideas you're putting out there, even if it hurts your ego a bit.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:52 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
I've only read a few responses, but it seems that the Left is fully on board with justifying any form of corruption which keeps who they perceive as representing them (spoiler alert: they don't) in power.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:53 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
"Mail in votes will be verified by checking signatures."

Observers were not allowed to verify the signatures.

I am sure covering up the windows had a very good reason.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:28 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Why would observers be doing the work they are supposed to observe?

Quote:
Definition of 'observe'

observe

Word forms: observes, observing, observed
1. TRANSITIVE VERB
If you observe a person or thing, you watch them carefully, especially in order to learn something about them.
Olson also studies and observes the behavior of babies.
Are there any classes I could observe?
Synonyms: watch, study, view, look at More Synonyms of observe

2. TRANSITIVE VERB
If you observe someone or something, you see or notice them.
[formal]
In 1664 Hooke observed a reddish spot on the surface of the planet.
Synonyms: notice, see, note, mark More Synonyms of observe
Source (one of many): https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...nglish/observe

Old 01-07-2022, 10:59 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

If you're talking about Michigan, there were too many observers from all parties, so they stopped letting people in and had some leave. There were Democrat, Republican, and Independent observers in there the whole time. 134 of each is the maximum. They covered the windows since ballot counters felt intimidated by people filming through the windows.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:33 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Trump lost. Get over it. Move on with your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies