Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 10:18 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times

Advertisements

Poor Australians have Stockholm syndrome. The PM tells them to be mad a Djokovic for not following their horrible policies because “everyone has to do it!”, instead of directing their anger at the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 10:19 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Well, to be fair, Australia treats its own citizens like terrorists too, so not sure why the complaint.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Few sports are more global than tennis, and any player’s team will have to deal with entry requirements all the time.

Given what Macron has been saying about misery for the unvaccinated in his country, Spartacus isn’t going to be allowed to play the French Open either any time soon.
So you support this?

Old 01-07-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Play stupid games with border control, get stupid prizes like an enforced quarantine at an airport Budget Ibis.

And Australia is one of the last places to try that right now- voters are very angry at what they see as special treatment for athletes who want to enter the country when so many Australian citizens were trapped outside of the country for more than a year because of the Covid border closure. And there’s that whole underlying tall poppy syndrome there.

Plus, they’ve got big elections coming up shortly and current federal government is not doing well in the polls and the optics of ‘tennis brat’ are not great.
They should direct that anger at their government, not the people that won’t go along with their nonsense. Unbelievable!!

Old 01-07-2022, 10:54 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
So you support this?
I support not giving special privileges to professional athletes and not allowing them to game the system.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:11 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
I support not giving special privileges to professional athletes and not allowing them to game the system.
You support tyranny - keeping people locked up in internment camps indefinitely over a case of the sniffles - whether they are professional athletes or not.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You support tyranny - keeping people locked up in internment camps indefinitely over a case of the sniffles - whether they are professional athletes or not.
Haaar! You're one to talk, being American and all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanole...h=1cc72991c16f

https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

Old 01-07-2022, 04:18 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022...rorist-n439923

Serbia is absolutely correct. Unfortunately, Djokovic is getting the same treatment many others have received at the hands of the tyrants running Australia.

I'm afraid Australia has been permanently removed from my bucket list. I won't take a chance on getting locked up indefinitely over "public health" paranoia and extremism.
I need to be vaccinated to get into the US, unless I have an exemption, If I apply for an exemption, but are found to not be compliant with that by the US authorities at the border, I will be "Treated like a Terrorist" and put on the next available flight home.

Their are possibly 100 other countries in the world where exactly the same scenario will play out.

So whats your beef with Australia specifically?

Old 01-07-2022, 04:28 PM

4,664 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm sure Australia will miss another one of "your persuasion" deigning to give them a pass. NOT.

Djokovic will get the same treatment from any number of countries with common sense guidelines in the face of a pandemic killing well over 5 million people (5.47) and almost one million (832K) of those being Americans.

In the face of all available evidence; your common sense bucket is empty.

No one is going to listen overmuch to the whining about one of their citizens, in contravention of another country's pandemic guidelines, being treated like a terrorist. Especially citizens from a country that required international intervention to stop them killing thousands of each other over religious beliefs just a few decades ago.
Oh boy, you went there.

If someone pointed to Germany or Austria locking a segment of their population out of certain daily life activities and said "hmm, I don't think I'd side with those countries on this type of matter, given their histories," how would you receive that? I'm guessing not well.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I need to be vaccinated to get into the US, unless I have an exemption, If I apply for an exemption, but are found to not be compliant with that by the US authorities at the border, I will be "Treated like a Terrorist" and put on the next available flight home.

Their are possibly 100 other countries in the world where exactly the same scenario will play out.

So whats your beef with Australia specifically?
They're just demonstrating the usual phony faux outrage at another country while ignoring their own nonsense that's gone on for decades. . In which country was an elderly lady wearing depends confined to a wheelchair submitted to a body search?

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-border-patrol

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...53m-story.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/complaints...ry?id=49845697

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-border-patrol

The poor wee tennis brat didn't have to pull down his shorts did he? .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies