Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2022, 01:53 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The dems really screwed up, they should have foisted this OSHA mandate only on businesses with fewer than 100 employees. This way they would go a long way towards destroying small businesses. But once the SC rules in favor of this tyranny, I'm sure it will suddenly apply to all businesses, even people who work alone in their own private business.
Chilling thought, isn't it? My mind writhes at all the possible outcomes of this.

Personally, I'd like to see everyone get vaccinated. I'd rather be vaccinated than not. Though I can still contract Covid, chances are in my favor of not getting deathly sick and dying from it.

But to force this issue the way the government is doing? Yikes. I've never seen anything like this. Only healthcare workers should be mandated, and that mandate should ONLY come from the faculties they work in, not from the federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 03:56 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The big takeaway is that Breyer and Kagan really embarrassed themselves today.
Those two were such schmucks. They acted like bullies.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:35 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
An emergency ruling that takes effect 2 months later.

That ALONE defeats the "emergency" claim.
Original date was set for Jan 4 but the red state lawsuit pushed it back, the states that filed the lawsuit defeated the emergency.

Old 01-08-2022, 06:38 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Original date was set for Jan 4 but the red state lawsuit pushed it back, the states that filed the lawsuit defeated the emergency.
The "emergency" was nothing more than a manufactured excuse to bypass all the procedural requirements for such a rule. There was no emergency in play to begin with.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:26 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
It amazes me that the democrats and Kamala parade around talking about "democracy" , but they enact some of the most NON-FREEDOM bearing policies, forced vaccinations, and draconian mandates.

How and why anyone can vote for it is beyond my understanding. I really hope SCOTUS makes the right decision here and smacks Brandon another blow and put this forced mandate in the history books as another loss for him and his big pharma cronies.
You can say the same thing about republicans though. They enact polices that people feel are draconian like taking away a women's right to choose. This is taking away their freedom. I think we all have a different definition of freedom. I don't feel a vaccine mandate takes away any freedoms. It's a health issue, and has nothing to do with freedom. We all got the mmr vaccine. This is how we stopped measles, mumps and rubella. Do you consider this a forced vaccination. Of course not. When there is a solution to mitigate the spread of a deadly virus, which has consumed our country for two years, then you take it. It's not about taking any freedom away. But the supreme court will rule against it so you have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:07 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can say the same thing about republicans though. They enact polices that people feel are draconian like taking away a women's right to choose. This is taking away their freedom. I think we all have a different definition of freedom. I don't feel a vaccine mandate takes away any freedoms. It's a health issue, and has nothing to do with freedom. We all got the mmr vaccine. This is how we stopped measles, mumps and rubella. Do you consider this a forced vaccination. Of course not. When there is a solution to mitigate the spread of a deadly virus, which has consumed our country for two years, then you take it. It's not about taking any freedom away. But the supreme court will rule against it so you have nothing to worry about.
Go ahead and provide proof there is a NATIONAL MANDATE against womens right to choose abortion.

I’ll wait

Old 01-09-2022, 12:58 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
An emergency ruling that takes effect 2 months later.

That ALONE defeats the "emergency" claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Yet it was supposedly an emergency many months before that original January 4th date.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
They are arguing that un-vaccinated are a risk to vaccinated. If you are vaccinated. What risk are you afraid of?
Liberals will never answer this question.

They consider the unvaccinated to be second class citizens.

Old 01-09-2022, 02:30 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals will never answer this question.

They consider the unvaccinated to be second class citizens.
Just another group they look down on. I guess they got tired of vilifying minorities as to too dumb to vote on time or get an ID.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:38 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Why can't the people who keep bringing up MMR/polio/smallpox wrap their head around the fact that if there was a covid vaccine based on those tried and true technologies, and that it WASN'T MANDATED, most people would get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies