Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 07:22 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,639,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The parts distinguish the sex. Male or female. Anomalies happen- birth defects happen lord a child was born with out a brain and is thriving now. However, we are a very complicated machine. A baby was born with 3 genes instead of two. He did not fit the book profile for what he had. I asked why? # 1 Geneticists said - I don’t know, maybe the protoplasm This shows there are other things at play when we are made. I can’t figure out why my sister has AB neg blood. Nobody else in the family does. And no, not a different dad.
Some have emotional issues. Others are wired differently and can’t learn like others. Genuses are looked as stupid early in life. They just don’t “fit “ the norm. They are different for whatever reason. It’s Nona our business. Get a life and work on your own issues.
That's quite a non-answer to my question. I'll ask again, what is the definition of male and female? We are supposed to accept that a male can decide he is female, so what do those terms mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 07:24 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,639,419 times
Quote:
Question. Do men have more issue with this than women??
I think anyone who is logical, intelligent, and isn't "woke" has an issue with this. Words should have meaning. Science matters. Male and female exists throughout the animal kingdom.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:31 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,529,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Amy's earnings have nothing to do with anything (but since you asked, yeah sometimes my investments grow that much in 28 days. So what?)

What does it mean to you that Amy is described as the winningest female in Jeopardy history?

If Amy was described as "the winningest redhead" in Jeopardy history, I know I'd be thinking
1. Amy is not a redhead, so why describe this person that way?
2. If the term redhead can mean anything that anyone wants it to mean, then why divide people into redhead and otherwise?
It means that society is changing for the better and that most of us aren’t bothered by seeing Amy on Jeopardy on a daily basis. Y’all’s histrionic response is no longer representative of how most of us think or feel.

I wouldn’t have said anything in this thread were it not for the vehemence against people like her shown here.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:33 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,529,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Amy may be smart....but Amy is still a man.
Why do you care?

Old 01-09-2022, 07:34 AM

24,452 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Quote:
Well let’s ask women who can’t find gainful employment if men pretending to be women makes them happy.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:35 AM

10,397 posts, read 3,984,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Males are the dominant sex. Females are the subordinate sex. Males bring home the bacon. Females rear the children.

That’s how it’s been throughout history. Anything else is just a blip on the radar screen, for playtime only.
Seems to me that history has shown us that whenever society starts to allow a certain group to achieve dominating status, that society is destined to fall. It's what happens when you bend the rules to let the weak people rule. In the end, the weak cannot keep the society safe and the stronger, often times the more ruthless members of civilization tend to take full advantage of the situation and create chaos and war. When the dust settles, the world will be back to those who are superior in all around intelligence, strategy and strength will be the ones in control and the weaker minded will be back under chains. History has shown us that some groups don't have what it takes to run a society.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Why do you care?
Why should women and little girls care if they have to share bathrooms and locker room with men?

I guess common sense ain’t so common.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Have a daughter and ask her how she feels about sharing a locker room with Joe the Plumber.

And if you think Joe the Plumber won’t demand modern science create ovaries and a uterus for him next, so he can get pregnant and have periods, you’re kidding yourself.

It’s the equivalent of me bleaching my skin and perming my hair, and demanding you recognize me as a white American. I have a genetic construct that makes me black, and there’s no amount of skin bleaching that can change that.

There’s no such thing as transracial, or transgender. Just people who don’t like their genetic and biological constructs.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:45 AM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
I guess if you're trans you can be female and be a man or a male and be a woman. is it really worth arguing about? The Country is going to pot, our government s beyond corrupt and we're being targeted to be killed off by our own medical experts and ruling class of oligarchs.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:58 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,956,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
For those who believe a person can be whatever gender s/he chooses, help me understand what female and male mean. Maybe I'm just too old and science-minded to get it, but I actually am quite open-minded in general.

Lately I've seen a lot of articles about the current transgender Jeopardy champion, Amy Schneider, being the biggest winning female in Jeopardy history. What does that even mean? Why is it important to talk about Amy as being the winningest female, if anyone can simply decide they are male or female?

Does male and female actually mean anything meaningful anymore?
In the ever lasting words of Steve Goodman...

"There are men who love women who love men,
and women who love women every now and then,
and men who love men because they can't pretend...
They're men who love women who love men."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies