Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 11:17 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Isolation isn't a realistic option for many. Elderly people may work or may not be as technologically savvy to order online. I know this with my parents. My father can barely text, answer calls and look at news whether ESPN or in general. My mom who is better at tech, still cannot figure out online ordering in some places. They went to Disney World and forgot to order soda with their orders. I had to get sodas for them and then get the next day order for them.

It is similar to what Trump said at the begining of it, "If we don't test, we have very few cases." That is somewhat true, but it allows you to spread the virus. At that point, we didn't have Omicron level infection and virtually was a bad flu.

True. The other side is those that want the world open often will say when teachers and healthcare workers complain that they do not want to work, "Oh you can stay at home." We cannot. If we don't do online ordering for shopping, we need to be in a store because Instacart does have delivery deserts. If we need cash money, we need to be in the bank or at an ATM that doesn't fee you. If you are sick or have an appointment, you need to go to the doctor. It is a simplistic and unrealistic view.

I want to live. My free time interests are not being at home. Like watching sports live, going to Disney parks and going to Vegas. Many criticize me for liking Disney theme parks and other amusement parks on here and not liking to travel the world. Sorry, backpacking doesn't interest me, it barely did when I was a boy scout. I don't try to judge people for silly things like this.

I bought one because I couldn't find testing availability that would allow me to work today. Not because I have insurance or am uninsured, just that I needed a damn test and there isn't a good supply of said tests as well as processing time. Unlike my normal job at a school, there are screening questions. I rather not lie and say that I wasn't in contact with someone when I know I really was. I wanted to work today but was not able to. No test results and my test will be here tonight.

Yep, my assertions are correct. You inable to be compassionate about anyone else cake-eater. Sad.

Here is the thing, how exactly can you blame an vaccinated person who does not have a known reason to get a test? I have only been tested once without having a known contact with someone who had it and that was a rapid for work since they have changed policy. I have kept track if I had symptoms that are not my normal allergy symptoms (like me being 99+F) and I don't. Anytime I've tested it isn't for symptoms, but rather when I have a direct contact. So should I go and get tested when I do not have any knowing that I am positive or need the test?
Again so you can understand I will happily give my tests to my elderly mother. You must have missed that part. See that's compassion. Unlike yourself who apparently wants to test and test and test and test over and over again. Why are you hoarding tests? Why are you making it difficult for those that are truly sick and can't find a test?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-14-2022 at 06:00 AM..

Old 01-09-2022, 11:21 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this a trick question? I want to know so if I'm positive I can take precautions to not infect others in my community. I want to know so if I'm positive I can assume I'll be immune for awhile and act accordingly.
So you feel fine but if you test positive you go into quarantine for the heck of it? Even though vaxed people can be infected, feeling fine and walk about freely without being burdened by having to take these tests?

If you want to be a hermit, go for it. But don't expect others to follow suit.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:23 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again so you can understand I will happily give my tests to my elderly mother. You must have missed that part. See that's compassion. Unlike yourself who apparently wants to test and test and test and test over and over again. Why are you hoarding tests? Why are you making it difficult for those that are truly sick and can't find a test?
This. Exactly. DeSantis is right to give the tests to LTC facilities where they actually might make a difference.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-14-2022 at 06:01 AM..

Old 01-09-2022, 11:38 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
So you feel fine but if you test positive you go into quarantine for the heck of it? Even though vaxed people can be infected, feeling fine and walk about freely without being burdened by having to take these tests?

If you want to be a hermit, go for it. But don't expect others to follow suit.
That is a straw argument and you know it. The same one we have seen since the pandemic started and has sparked up when we saw the protests to open up the country. Why must you continue to use a known talking point that has been shotdown many times through out the pandemic?

Old 01-09-2022, 12:09 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Sucks for you. If you were in Florida you wouldn't have to worry about it. As far as me being a cake eater I will be more than happy to give my tests to my elderly mother. Thanks for your advice!!

I thought Biden said that they'd send the tests to people who requested them. I'd think that means you wouldn't be getting a test kit if you didn't ask. I don't expect to get any freecovid tests either, I won't ask, because I have no interest in testing either.

If I get sick with respiratory symptoms, I plan to do what I always do, to stay home, stay away from others, treat the symptoms as needed to feel better. I would not seek medical attention unless things got bad, I had problems breathing, ran a fever or had other signs that things were progressing badly. Then I'd expect the treatment I. got would be the same whether
I had covid or a respiratory illness caused by another related or unrelated virus. I suspect that in this case I'd get a covid test, orderedby my doctor. But knowing it was covid wouldn't change the treatment for what ailed me, it would only add me as another "case" to fuel the already present media-sponsored covid-frenzy hysteria. I really don't care to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies