Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 11:35 AM

7,103 posts, read 4,531,425 times

Advertisements

Getting the vaccine for me was great as now I don’t have to worry about dying if I do get Covid. I go out all the time and haven’t gotten it although infection rates are high locally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 11:46 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Might want to correlate against ending social distancing precautions... Which is of course related to the vaccine rollout but root cause is still people not keeping their germs to themselves.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:41 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Ugh. Do I have to tell my sister she was right?

Worldwide Bayesian Causal Impact Analysis of Vaccine Administration on Deaths and Cases Associated with COVID-19: A BigData Analysis of 145 Countries

https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._145_Countries

...They indicate a marked increase in both COVID-19 related cases and death due directly to a vaccine deployment that was originally sold to the public as the “key to gain back our freedoms.” The effect of vaccines on total cases per million and its low positive association with total vaccinations per hundred signifies a limited impact of vaccines on lowering COVID-19 associated cases...
You might not only have to tell your sister she's right, if she had caught on early to the counter-argument, you'd tell her she had been right for the past 22 months.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...rates-now.html

Israel, with the highest vaccine rate in the world now at 40% with Covid?
Countries with higher vaccination rates have more vaxxed breakthrough Covid cases (per capita) than unvaxxed Covid cases (per capita). Not Just Israel, see:

UK
Ireland
Iceland
South Korea
Seychelles
Gibraltar (UK territory)

I'm sure there are many more

Old 01-10-2022, 04:15 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Both the flu shot and the covid shot should be called vaccines because that is what they are. I’m not sure what you think the ‘traditional sense’ is, because they meet the fundamental requirement: they are a substance which stimulates your immune response to reduce your chance of being infected for some period of time. Some vaccines that’s close to 100 percent and permanent, for many it’s not. Being pouty because they don’t meet your desired effectiveness rate or timeframe doesn’t change facts.
Tell me... how many smallpox vaccines have you had? How many smallpox boosters? Do you take one every month? And how many breakthrough cases of smallpox do you see cropping up every week? Now answer the same question for any of the other "biggie" diseases we've all been vaccinated for.

Only older posters will understand this, but oh well, no point in trying to reach the typical twenty-year-old with a two-year-old's brain: what you covid-gene-therapy-aholics, as Yugo owners, are trying to do is tell the rest of us non-Yugo-owners that the Yugo is a great car. It doesn't matter if the damn thing falls apart on you as you drive down the freeway or the head blows off the motor block and launches into the sky like an artillery shell... it's still a good car. Doesn't matter if it's up on blocks in your driveway leaking a water-oil mixture from five places around the pan gasket and you can't get it started. It's a great car. It's as good as any other car. As good as a Mercedes. Good as a Lexus.

You guys are becoming laughingstocks more and more each day as new data comes out. There WILL come a point that you cannot defend this "vaccine" without being ridiculed because it too obviously sucks. You are defending the YUGO of "vaccines."

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-10-2022 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-10-2022, 04:31 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Getting the vaccine for me was great as now I don’t have to worry about dying if I do get Covid. I go out all the time and haven’t gotten it although infection rates are high locally.
Same applies to me. And I have not taken the covid gene therapy treatment. I'm around people all the time. And statistically, if I do get covid, I have a 0.14% chance of kicking the bucket because of it. Actually, less than that now with the latest "variant." Ain't life grand?

To tell you the truth, I may well have actually had covid. There have been a couple of times over the last two years I've felt a bit crappy and have had some "flu-like" symptoms. Nothing serious, but enough to keep me housebound for a few days. I'll likely never know, because I'm alive, it didn't kill me, I have no interest in finding out, and life goes on. You see, I have not developed the obsessive-compulsive disorder that most of our society has.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:12 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I no longer care if people don't listen. They don't want to sit back and analyze it all, putting all the pieces together.

They'll learn the hard way.

I've done my part, they didn't care to even look at the plethora of links I've provided since March 2020.

Screw it, then.

There will be a day that comes when they won't be mocking, lying (for pay or not), or ignoring everything that they didn't hear on 24 hour propaganda cable shows.

Not one bit of this is about health - one day they'll find that out.

To hell with them. Their stupidity and blind faith in government has hurt way more people than those who ever got sick with this alleged virus.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Why is a new study needed to show the jabbed are worse off? The rest of us have known this for a long time because we don't watch fake news.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
People that decline to get the vaccine do so at their own peril.
As do people who volunteer to take an experimental drug.

Pro choice!

Old 01-10-2022, 09:19 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I took a brief look at the study, and couldn't really determine who wrote it, or what their qualifications were, or what the review process was. All I saw was that the URL was "Vector News". When I tried to look them up, there was not a lot of info, but it seems to me they were a VC group, whereas they are promoting certain business objectives to pad their portfolio.

It's hard to take it seriously. I do agree that ANYTHING has downsides, but I'm not ready to accept global medical advice from a VC firm, if that's what they are. Again, I'm asking, in case someone can validate the report.

Attack the source when you don't want to deal with the data..what a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies