Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 11:19 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What herd immunity? There are people on their 3rd round of COVID right now.
Happens when you have a human synthesized virus created in a lab. Funny, how we find out 6 months after the virus that our own Dr. Fauci is knee deep in funding experiments at the lab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 06:55 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Thanks to the vaccine death rates in Israel are low, thanks to the vaccine no matter how much virus is circulating death rates in the UK have remained low:-

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/

Thanks to the vaccine Britain is forecast to be the first country to exit the pandemic:-

https://www.thenationalnews.com/worl...ing-scientist/
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/uk-c...pert-says.html
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...emic-7tk5thdfq
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-the-pandemic

Don't be surprised if a 'new strain' comes along and shoves a stick in the spokes though! :-D

Old 01-12-2022, 07:09 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,068,752 times
If the vaccines actually worked the way a vaccine is supposed to work, a vaccinated person wouldn't get Covid. If you're vaccinated and boosted, then why are you so upset over unvaccinated people? I get the flu shot every year, I certainly don't fear monger against people who haven't gotten the flu shot. Plus, there are simple precautions you should be taking, whether you're vaccinated or unvaccinated--masks, social distancing, washing hands, maintaining a healthy immune system. The rise in cases seemed to start after the vaccinated people stopped wearing masks. Most of the people I know got vaccinated and boosted, stopped wearing masks, started going into crowded places, they all ended up getting Covid. On the other hand, the unvaccinated people I know haven't been sick a single day in 2 years from Covid. Just look around you--that's the reality you must see and face, not what's put on TV. The info on TV is getting manipulated to say what they want you to believe. As a grown, intelligent adult, you can choose to believe TV or you can do your own research. Just look around you. In the past week, at least 2 people I know (vaccinated and boosted) have gotten Covid. You cannot blame the unvaccinated. If someone is sick, whether vaccinated OR unvaccinated, they can spread it. The vaccinated people are spreading it too.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
40% of the country is experiencing covid, borders have been completely shut down for 6 weeks now.

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-e...t-wave-says-pm
Who says sthey are the country with the highest percentage vaccinated?

Old 01-12-2022, 02:56 PM

57,220 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
If the vaccines actually worked the way a vaccine is supposed to work, a vaccinated person wouldn't get Covid. If you're vaccinated and boosted, then why are you so upset over unvaccinated people? I get the flu shot every year, I certainly don't fear monger against people who haven't gotten the flu shot. Plus, there are simple precautions you should be taking, whether you're vaccinated or unvaccinated--masks, social distancing, washing hands, maintaining a healthy immune system. The rise in cases seemed to start after the vaccinated people stopped wearing masks. Most of the people I know got vaccinated and boosted, stopped wearing masks, started going into crowded places, they all ended up getting Covid. On the other hand, the unvaccinated people I know haven't been sick a single day in 2 years from Covid. Just look around you--that's the reality you must see and face, not what's put on TV. The info on TV is getting manipulated to say what they want you to believe. As a grown, intelligent adult, you can choose to believe TV or you can do your own research. Just look around you. In the past week, at least 2 people I know (vaccinated and boosted) have gotten Covid. You cannot blame the unvaccinated. If someone is sick, whether vaccinated OR unvaccinated, they can spread it. The vaccinated people are spreading it too.
So since the vaccine isn't perfect do you have a better option.

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-12-2022 at 03:16 PM..

Old 01-14-2022, 01:31 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
For whatever reason the mainstream media in the US isn't reporting the death rate of the Omnicron variant while other countries like South Africa and the UK do.
For most areas today, it is almost all Omicron now. Exceptions might be like my rural area which just found its first Omicron case this week.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:33 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
It is no longer cases, but hospitalizations and deaths. And the vaccinated have a huge immunity leg up.

Old 01-14-2022, 09:49 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,822,579 times
Quote:
If the vaccines actually worked the way a vaccine is supposed to work, a vaccinated person wouldn't get Covid.
This sentence is a fallacy. Vaccines reduce the odds of contracting a virus.

Smallpox is the only deadly virus that has been effectively eliminated by man. There are many more which we try to avoid catching via vaccines.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:14 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
This sentence is a fallacy. Vaccines reduce the odds of contracting a virus.

Smallpox is the only deadly virus that has been effectively eliminated by man. There are many more which we try to avoid catching via vaccines.
People are conflicted by their usual understanding of "vaccine" and today's meaning for "vaccine." In the past, vaccine meant that we did not get the illness. Today, vaccine means we get the illness but symptoms are less severe.

Vaccine is perhaps the wrong word for covid shots since we know that today's vaccines do not work like old-fashioned vaccines, such as small pox, mumps and measles. Those vaccines meant we did not get sick. How we understand 'vaccine' could result in conflict such as vax/anti-vax.

Old 01-14-2022, 10:17 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,233,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So since the vaccine isn't perfect do you have a better option.
Common sense works pretty well. I guess that the lack thereof is why some states default to draconian mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies