Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 05:35 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Anybody regardless of age that has the vaccinations and booster is much less likely to be hospitalized or die. Only about 30% of America is boosted so far which is why Omicron is now running wild and slowing everything (economy, schools, social events, etc.) back down leading to more hospitalization and death. Hopefully it will peak soon and decline fast...will it lead to other variants which will delay normalcy? That remains to be seen...

https://www.statesman.com/story/news...ed/6511901001/

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ms-precautions
I agree that most likely those were vaccinated and boostered once are more protected from serious COVID19 than the unvaccinated. But 4 Pfizer doses doesn't seem to be helping prevent a large number of people in Israel from actually getting COVID19.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cron-infection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 06:05 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I wouldn't believe much out of Israel. Remember they were claiming they had a vaccine 6 months before anyone else did. Complete nonsense. I would look more closely what the UK and other northern EU countries are doing. They would be more on the up and up.

Old 01-18-2022, 05:29 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
imagine being scared of something with a 98% survival rate.
One of my good friends was part of the 2%. He died after a horrible bout of Delta, fully vaxxed, and left behind a wife and 3 kids.

Imagine that.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:16 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Had covid, did not go to hospital, did not die. Not afraid of death as Ive lived thru several things I was not supposed to, but you do you.

imagine being scared of something with a 98% survival rate.
My wife and I had Covid early on. I was very sick for 8 days, she was hospitalized and nearly died. And took a year to recover. We have no fear, just common medical sense.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I wouldn't believe much out of Israel. Remember they were claiming they had a vaccine 6 months before anyone else did. Complete nonsense. I would look more closely what the UK and other northern EU countries are doing. They would be more on the up and up.
I never heard or read that, and would be amazed if you could produce a legitimate reference. Israel started early with the Pfizer, maybe that is what you are referring to.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:21 PM

Some new news on Pfizer booster protection, not yet peer reviewed from the UK:

https://media.nature.com/original/ma...22-00013-3.pdf

Old 01-20-2022, 07:13 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Listen to Israel itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMMYJKZvnU&t=156s

Old 01-20-2022, 09:20 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Care to summarize? I'm not about to waste 38 minutes watching some BS YouTube video.

I've already posted the facts relevant to this thread. Israel has a similar infection rate as the US, but 1/3rd the death rate. Got anything to say relative to that?

Old 01-21-2022, 10:22 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
It looks to me that the shot they are giving us for Covid, and I'm loathe to call it a vaccine now, is useless unless you have a compromised immune system.

I read where it is possible the shot itself is furthering the mutation of the virus. I don't know if this is true but it is an interesting hypothesis.

How do we know this genetic treatment doesn't ultimately ruin the body's immune system? Right now, we don't know.
The vaccine seems woefully weak against the omicron variant. We know more variants are coming, and we know today that with each variant the incubation period and severity is reduced.

It's not far-fetched to suggest that vaccines are interacting with the virus. It's not far-fetched to wonder how mRna vaccines effect us.

We join the best bet. Historically, vaccine has been the best bet. Has that changed enough that we should doubt history?

Old 01-21-2022, 11:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
..none of us (all vaccinated and boosted) have had covid and want to keep it that way while minimizing risk.

Sorry, but the vax does not prevent you from catching & passing covid, therefore your statement is a lie by definition.

Spare me the backpedaling x times more likely to be ________ crap, please.. thats all the lying liberal media/talking heads say now since the vax isnt really a vax in the traditional sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies