Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 08:10 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,458,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
The UK just lifted all mask mandates/vaccine passports nationwide, including schools and airports. What's the over/under Chicago will follow? I give it at least 6 months before they come to their senses.
I think they should just lift the mandates and let the businesses choose. On the North Side they can do mask, vaccine, and booster mandates. Everybody else can get about with their business.

Really it's status quo anyway. Businesses in the white progressive neighbourhoods were already doing vax requirements well before the City came down with theirs (since last summer) because that's what their clientele wants. I don't think the businesses on the South and West sides are even enforcing the mandate from what I can tell, probably because they would go out of business if they strictly did.

So yeah, the whole thing is a farce because it's not going to accomplish anything, unless Lightfoot gets really nice to the cops all of a sudden and gives them like a 20% raise so they go in and start enforcing it. But because Lightfoot is going to be very dependent on the lakefront liberal vote to keep her job, I'm not sure they will lift it before the election. We will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 10:23 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,250,689 times
BRU67, now, we ARE homies!....

But did you just say the NORTH SIDE can go ahead and keep this mandate?!.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BRU67, now, we ARE homies!....

But did you just say the NORTH SIDE can go ahead and keep this mandate?!.
Happy Friday Master Jay! Indeed we are! Yes, that's what I said. It's about liberty. North Siders tend to be much more scared of the Covid, so for the businesses to get people in, they need to have these precautions to make their customers feel safe. So fine, do what's right for your business, but don't impose your will on the rest of us. In other words, they should stay in their lane.

** I do not mean the gov't should impose it. Let the businesses decide. Many North Side bars and restaurants have been doing this since last summer. So let them keep doing it. They can do it until 2040 for all I care. Let the businesses and their customers decide.

Last edited by BRU67; 01-21-2022 at 11:02 AM..

Old 01-21-2022, 12:10 PM

BRU67, you're my brother!

There's A LOT of my North Side places I will miss, if I can't get in!

I really think things will be different by Spring time, anyways. Outdoor eating for the unvaccinated creatures!!!! Dam, that's almost like revisiting Segregation! I do NOT like that!!!

Did you see in my post today on Festivals?.... Lincoln Square is having a beer Winter fest February 19th and 20th. Come visit the north side, for it.

And your NORTH ( WAY NORTH) side brother will buy you a beer! Prost, mein herr!

Old 01-21-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BRU67, you're my brother!

There's A LOT of my North Side places I will miss, if I can't get in!

I really think things will be different by Spring time, anyways. Outdoor eating for the unvaccinated creatures!!!! Dam, that's almost like revisiting Segregation! I do NOT like that!!!

Did you see in my post today on Festivals?.... Lincoln Square is having a beer Winter fest February 19th and 20th. Come visit the north side, for it.

And your NORTH ( WAY NORTH) side brother will buy you a beer! Prost, mein herr!
I certainly hope so Master Jay. Let's hope we follow the lead of the U.K. and Czech Republic, soon. It's sad that those countries seem to have more of a freedom spirit than we do these days.

Anyway, I would love to have a beer with you. If I go to the festival I'll send you a PM!

Old 01-21-2022, 06:11 PM

BRU67, et.al:

I'll be at the Lincoln Square Fest on Sunday the 20th.

Let us drink to the new year!!!

Old 01-22-2022, 09:24 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
"It's killing our businesses"

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/pr...-highland-park

Old 01-22-2022, 02:09 PM

flamadiddle, the ONLY city in Lake County that wanted it, like Cook County...

And THEN they see the fault in it.....

I may end up being able to come back to Cook County before Springtime, afterall!!

Old 01-22-2022, 02:12 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Chicago is turning into Detroit

Old 01-24-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
This is a little bit surprising. I would have thought the vax passport would have enjoyed wide support up there, just like it seems to on the North Side of Chicago. I guess not (shoulder shrug icon)??

I don't know if anybody is paying attention but the CDC is no longer going to require hospitals to report daily covid deaths after February 2nd.

https://www.aha.org/special-bulletin...data-reporting

The mainstream media is ignoring this but it is very very interesting. It looks like the Biden Administration is realizing that the Democrats are about to get slaughtered in the midterms and they won't be able to harvest ballots, so all of a sudden the Covid is not as big of a problem anymore. IMO, everybody should be extremely concerned over why they just snapped their fingers and did this.

Raises a lot of questions, like was the Covid really ever the problem that the "science" said it was? Or were there other motivations at work? Really starting to wonder now. Maybe it was more political than many thought.

Last edited by BRU67; 01-24-2022 at 04:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies