Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My understanding was time was of the essence. The vaccines weren't and aren't perfect by any means, but they seem to have prevented many deaths.
The vaccines safety profile is unknown! they tell you that just before they give you the shot. Last chance to refuse.

what killed thousands of people is the rejection of therapies used off label to mitigate the effects of covid.

the media ans dems shut down any discussion of therapies.

If a therapy was available they would not have been able to use the emergency use of the vaccines.

So no therapeutics, just suck it up until you feel the need to go to a hospital. Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning and I;ll get back to you sometime tomorrow night If I remember.

the media essentially held the fire door closed while the building burned with covid. criminal stupidity.

biden and fauci own the needless deaths of thousands by shutting down any discussion of off label use of therapeutic drugs.

Not everyone can take any given medication, a doctor could evaluate and decide the course of therapy. Institutions and insurance danced to the tune of the government's crime against humanity and refused any therapies.

Was it not cuomo who made it imperative that anyone seeking whatever therapy suggested at the begining of the epidemic must go to the hospital to receive it...not go to their doctor! that sure helped the spread and increased the number of patients hospitalized for covid.

Biden then spread covid covid delta via the southern border concentrating the spread and then dispersing the infected to all points north. that alone is a reason for a charge of crimes against humanity..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 04:48 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The vaccines safety profile is unknown! they tell you that just before they give you the shot. Last chance to refuse.

what killed thousands of people is the rejection of therapies used off label to mitigate the effects of covid.

the media ans dems shut down any discussion of therapies.

If a therapy was available they would not have been able to use the emergency use of the vaccines.

So no therapeutics, just suck it up until you feel the need to go to a hospital. Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning and I;ll get back to you sometime tomorrow night If I remember.

the media essentially held the fire door closed while the building burned with covid. criminal stupidity.

biden and fauci own the needless deaths of thousands by shutting down any discussion of off label use of therapeutic drugs.

Not everyone can take any given medication, a doctor could evaluate and decide the course of therapy. Institutions and insurance danced to the tune of the government's crime against humanity and refused any therapies.

Was it not cuomo who made it imperative that anyone seeking whatever therapy suggested at the begining of the epidemic must go to the hospital to receive it...not go to their doctor! that sure helped the spread and increased the number of patients hospitalized for covid.

Biden then spread covid covid delta via the southern border concentrating the spread and then dispersing the infected to all points north. that alone is a reason for a charge of crimes against humanity..
Anyone who cannot acknowledge this is lying to themselves.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:56 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Come on it’s Rachael Maddow.
What were you expecting?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:18 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Maddow is a good political commentator but she is not a viroligist. Consider the source and if you choose to follow medical advice from a non medical person, then maybe inject some disinfectant like Trump suggested.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Trump did not create Covid.

Trump could not control Covid.

Trump could note cure Covid.

Ditto Biden.

Both sincerely believed vaccines would end the global pandemic.

Trump was so eager for a vaccine before the election, he implied both Pfizer and FDA were intentionally dragging their feet to hurt him politically.

Once approved for emergency use the vaccines were impressively good at preventing infections.

Then came Delta which emerged from the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India that was twice as contagious as the original virus. Whil still effective, the effectiveness was less than it was against the original virus.

Then in mid summer it was determined the efficacy of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark, especially against the Delta variant.

Then came Omicron which emerged from the 1.2 billion unvaccinated in Africa that is twice as contagious as Delta.

Only about 25% of previously vaccinated have received a booster shot.

So we have highly contagious variants which none of the vaccines were designed to target vs declining efficacy of vaccines vs a hesitancy to get a booster vs a percentage of never vaxers.

And here we are. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. What comes after Omicron?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/social...addow-vaccines

I’m posting this because some here claimed no one said the vaccines prevented COVID infections. Actually, several in the news media did say this but finding those past statements has become extremely difficult for those outside the news industry. Above includes clips of Maddow making such bold statements. I even remember some saying once enough people are vaccinated then they would no longer be required to wear mask and lockdowns would end.
The opening begins with “ Maddow said in March …”

That was a reasonable statement at the time. The efficacy of both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines was greater than 90%. Long term efficacy was unknown.

Then came the Delta variant, twice as contagious as the original virus.

Then came the realization that the efficacy of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

Then came the Omicron variant, twice as contagious as the Delta variant.

I used to be a cable news junkie. I ceased watching all cable news in April and have never looked back.

On his best day, Tucker Carlson has a viewership base of 3.2 million out of about 210 million potential adult viewers.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:09 AM

305 posts, read 102,040 times
Well Madcow is a complete buffoon and moron, so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies