Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 07:15 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times

Advertisements

New York Times eh?

I'll be waiting with baited breath for MSNBC to chime in.

You know, because of all that truth and integrity.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:41 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
It's hilarious to see DNC propaganda pushed as being a "fact check"..... maybe there's people dumb enough to consume this bogint, but I'd pity them

Old 01-11-2022, 09:48 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's hilarious to see DNC propaganda pushed as being a "fact check"..... maybe there's people dumb enough to consume this bogint, but I'd pity them

its ok believe what you will, but someday this country will wake-up from this overdose of politically charged language from both partys

Old 01-12-2022, 12:52 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
This is from fact-checker Linda Qiu at the New York Times - and even if you don't like the NYT, it's still true that they're one of the places that take fact-checking seriously (although most prominent newspapers are better than most television/internet sources).

This does a particularly good job of explaining why comparisons with BLM protests are misguided.

The main points are:

There’s no evidence antifa was behind the attack.
Efforts to blame Speaker Nancy Pelosi for security failures are baseless.
Claims that detained rioters are “political prisoners” are without merit.
There’s no evidence the F.B.I. orchestrated the attack.
Despite denials, the riot was in fact violent, resulted in multiple fatalities, and did involve weapons.
Comparisons between the riot and Black Lives Matter protests can be misleading.

A Year After the Breach, Falsehoods About January 6 Persist
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/01...n-6-fact-check

I hope that anyone who intends to argue against it will read it first.
I read the bullet points of the incident. Where’s the underlying information. The war room , Trump ?

Old 01-12-2022, 02:04 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Despite denials, the riot was in fact violent, resulted in multiple fatalities, and did involve weapons.
From the article... "A bipartisan Senate report tied seven fatalities to the assault. On the day of the attack, two protesters died of heart attacks, one of an accidental overdose, and one — Ashli Babbitt — was shot while trying to enter the Speaker’s Lobby of the Capitol through a broken glass door. A Capitol Police officer died of multiple strokes a day after the attack, and two others killed themselves in the days afterward."

Pretty pathetic to hold up an overdose, two heart attacks that didn't even happen at the capitol building, a stroke the following day, and two suicides that came even later, as proof that the riot was violent. Even weirder to blame Ashli Babbitt's death on the rioters.

Even more annoying that it is coming from the same left-wing BLM defund the police people. Had Ashli Babbitt been a black BLM protester, lefties wouldn't be making the same arguments, because they're all liars and hypocrites.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:44 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
This is from fact-checker Linda Qiu at the New York Times - and even if you don't like the NYT, it's still true that they're one of the places that take fact-checking seriously (although most prominent newspapers are better than most television/internet sources).

This does a particularly good job of explaining why comparisons with BLM protests are misguided.

The main points are:

There’s no evidence antifa was behind the attack.
Efforts to blame Speaker Nancy Pelosi for security failures are baseless.
Claims that detained rioters are “political prisoners” are without merit.
There’s no evidence the F.B.I. orchestrated the attack.
Comparisons between the riot and Black Lives Matter protests can be misleading.

A Year After the Breach, Falsehoods About January 6 Persist
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/01...n-6-fact-check

I hope that anyone who intends to argue against it will read it first.
>>>>> Factcheck.org is a joke and completely pushing opinion as fact. The NY Times as well as the Washington Post have been slammed numerous times for fake news. Like this latest effort on their part to change history on January 6th. Unless they're on Bizarro World, then what they say is most likely true.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:42 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nothing was embellished. a top FBI official vowed to stop trump from becoming president.
and you're fine with that.

https://youtu.be/ANohtXQhkQw
Its why I said "Nevermind". It makes no difference if you lead them gently or clobber them with truth, they'll refuse it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies