Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 01:05 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

Finally realized I would be better off buying precious metals now instead of seeing my small savings account get eaten up by inflation. A lot of people have the same idea and the item I wanted to buy won't ship for another month as they are back ordered due to demand.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-13-2022 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: soliciting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 01:10 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
[quote=PilgrimsProgress;62688538]Finally realized I would be better off buying precious metals now instead of seeing my small savings account get eaten up by inflation. A lot of people have the same idea and the item I wanted to buy won't ship for another month as they are back ordered due to demand.

Gold has been stuck at $1800 an ounce for a long time now. It should have popped long ago. But it is shamelessly manipulated. If it wasn't, gold would be rising with inflation. The puny .5% interest rate is not going to encourage people to stick their money in the bank instead of buying gold. That worked back when the bank would pay a real interest rate on savings, but they aren't going to be doing that. Folks would lose bigly by putting their money in the bank for 1% interest rate or whatever, when real inflation is running red hot.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-13-2022 at 12:47 PM..

Old 01-12-2022, 01:18 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
This isn't just Biden's fault, it's the entire swamp including a good chunk of the right and posters here who enable this behavior by cheerleading asset bubbles to inflate their own net worth. It's individual greed at work to benefit oneself in the short term while shooting oneself in the foot over the long term.

Stock pumptards are just as guilty as people who receive extended unemployment, stimulus checks, corporate bailouts, welfare, and excessive covid money going to states. I don't know if you've been paying attention but most states are flush with extra cash from Covid that they aren't required to pay back.

We literally have the biggest asset bubble in the history of this nation and people have just gotten used to it as the new normal. It makes the 2000 tech bubble look like nothing by comparison. Large corporations continue to buy up residential real estate while everyone looks the other way also. The country the boomers grew up in with affordable real estate and good paying jobs may not be the one today's youth inherit... so millennials used to pick on boomers for selling out this country... well what do you think is going on right now?

Last edited by sholomar; 01-12-2022 at 01:29 PM..

Old 01-12-2022, 01:23 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
More than 50% no longer pay net federal income taxes, so are takers.

If they vote for Dems, the freebies continue, plus NEW freebies keep coming. If they vote for Pubs, the freebies they already have continue, but no NEW freebies. If you were a taker, who would you vote for?

Black women vote for Dems due to abortion...no changing their minds.

Fed Government workers vote for Dems because they make 1.5X as much as private sector workers, so they won't change.

LGBQ are afraid of the religious right locking them all up, so they'll always vote for Dems.

Adademia will always vote for Dems, & most K-12 educators too.

Most urban city dwellers vote for Dems no matter how bad their city gets...see Detroit...no changing that.

If inflation reaches 30%, these people will still vote for Dems.

I really cannot see how makers ever win another national election, no matter what inflation is.

And, if you believe inflation is only 7%, then I'm praying for you.
Amazing post. You nailed it on the head. Can not rep you enough. Other than an unlikely national breakup we are stuck with this crap!

Old 01-12-2022, 01:29 PM

464 posts, read 314,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The whole housing inflation makes me mad. Finally got a good job with good pay, and decent down payment and then housing has to jump 30% here. All that extra money I got in stimulus funds counts for nothing because it was eaten away by inflation.
I think a very large part of the home price increase is driven by the AirBNB phenomenon- at least in my community. Lots of investors buying homes and putting them on AirBNB and similar. AirBNB shouldn't be allowed in areas zoned for residential.

Personally, I think you should wait it out. These prices aren't worth it. I'm targeting a 60% decline.

Last edited by foulball; 01-12-2022 at 01:50 PM..

Old 01-12-2022, 01:40 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Reread my post.. I said that Bidenflation was on the low end at 25%.. I have seen prices double. A roast a few months ago I bought for $3.00 a lb. Now it is $5.99 a lb. Double and some has gone higher than double. Look at the beef prices. You can't deny it.
What about the part where you call it Bidenflation, but it's a result of things that have been in motion for decades, and specifically, the biggest factor for our prices right now is Trump's fed policy to pressure them to lower interest rates in a booming market? Anyone knows that causes inflation.

Do you think calling it "bidenflation" was honest?
Do you think talking about doubling pricing, but giving an example of 25% is honest?
If MSNBC or CNN had pulled that, when Trump was in office, would you have been satisfied? (If you choose to answer only one quesiton, answer this one.)

Old 01-12-2022, 02:14 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Reread my post.. I said that Bidenflation was on the low end at 25%.. I have seen prices double. A roast a few months ago I bought for $3.00 a lb. Now it is $5.99 a lb. Double and some has gone higher than double. Look at the beef prices. You can't deny it.
Has nothing to do with Biden.

That is the monopoly of the meat packets.

Cow farmers income per cow hasn’t gone up.

There’s been a lot of news about that. Some smaller farmers are starting to band together to create their own meat packers.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:34 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Has nothing to do with Biden.

That is the monopoly of the meat packets.

Cow farmers income per cow hasn’t gone up.

There’s been a lot of news about that. Some smaller farmers are starting to band together to create their own meat packers.
meat packers had the same monopoly last year and prices were far lower. explain.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
meat packers had the same monopoly last year and prices were far lower. explain.
Democrats, Liberals, and Leftists think they can absolve Biden of all responsibility but reality is that he extended fat unemployment benefits well past their need, effectively paying people not to work, and pushed vaccine mandates at all levels resulting in many people being fired from their jobs for not complying with the forced vaccinations.

Less workers = lower manufacturing output, lack of transportation to market = shortages and big price spikes

This is on top of a bloated $1.9 trillion stimulus bill last January that gave maybe 20% of that to actual taxpayers and the rest to pumping huge sums of printed money into the economy and corporate giveaways, diluting everyone else's money significantly

On energy prices, one of the first things Biden did (literally first days in office), was cancel the Keystone XL oil pipeline. That signaled to energy traders the Brandon administration was going to be hostile to fossil fuels and traders have been bidding up prices ever since

Old 01-12-2022, 02:49 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
What did everyone think would happen when the government and establishments said they were going to raise worker wages? Everyone in America was cheering it on and acting like there wouldn't be repercussion. A Costco worker boasted on Tik Tok, "When you make $29.50 just to draw smiley faces on receipts.”

Well if it now cost $29.50 per hour just to have someone draw smiley faces, what will it cost to to get nurses and doctors to operate on you?
That’s a very right-wing elitist thing to say, blame the workers of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies