Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 12:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Do you really think predators are not republicans too?? Ha ha ha. Folks live in such denial.
This is my point exactly. It's not an issue divided by party lines. Not pedophilia, not homosexuality, none of it. When I posted a poll about toe-tapping Republican Congressman Larry Craig several years ago, multiple posters chose the option that he can't be a homosexual since he's a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 12:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Do you really think predators are not republicans too?? Ha ha ha. Folks live in such denial.
Who actually cares which party it is? Does it matter to the CHILD?

Good flipping grief.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:00 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I remember when all those loony 'liberals' like Warren Jeffs with the FLDS church, the Catholic priests around the world, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc all thought diddling children was A-OK, and society seemed to be just fine with it back in the 'good old days', too. Heck, back in 1975, parents were apt to sign over guardianship of their 14 year old daughters to rockers so they could 'legally' be groupies on tour with the band.

Not one of those strippers were underage when they appeared on Stern's show, I would venture. Do you figure those abused women were the product of conservative or liberal households?

This is not a political lines issue. This isn't an issue of "well back in the good old days we didn't have this - those damn liberuuls are ruining everything." This is an issue of protecting all children from exploitation and abuse. And reading a study to understand how a pedophile ticks ins't akin to wanting to legalize sex with children.

Just so much pearl clutching in this thread. If you can't even understand the most fundamental differences between homosexuality, transgenderism, child molestation and pedophilia, the problem is with you.
Thank-you for posting something that actually makes sense. I don’t have the energy to push back on the “blame liberals for everything” ethos that this forum has adopted. I barely even come here any more. However, this issue is too important to be politicized by partisan political commentators on a message board about cities. Pedophilia has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism, although behaviors and beliefs on both sides has made it easier for abusers to access victims and get away with their crimes. The vast majority of child sexual abuse happens within families and communities by people known to the victim and the victim’s family. It is not a right/left issue and anyone who attempts to politicize it should be ashamed of themselves.

I’ve known enough people whose lives were ruined by childhood sexual abuse to realize that if we don’t try and understand what makes people abuse children and start having a dialogue as a society on how to prevent abuse rather than simply punishing the offenders after it happens, we will continue to have millions of traumatized children grow into traumatized adults who make terrible choices. If that means research into pedophilia and attempts to understand why some pedophiles offend while others don’t, and why many non-pedophiles also sexually abuse children, I don’t see how that is normalizing the sexual abuse of children.

Researchers have made a lot of discoveries about psychopaths and psychopathology and learned that not all psychopaths cause murder and mayhem. I didn’t hear anyone screaming about “normalizing” serial killers, violent criminals, and other misanthropes as this research was published and written about in newspapers and on television. Quite the opposite, as the research has helped psychiatrists, doctors, and law enforcement better understand the minds of those psychopaths who do commit crimes and harm people and what differentiates them from those who simply have “psychopathic brains”. Is understanding something better the same as normalizing it? Shouldn’t we want to know what makes some pedophiles offend and others not?

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-13-2022 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-13-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Thank-you for posting something that actually makes sense. I don’t have the energy to push back on the “blame liberals for everything” ethos that this forum has adopted. I barely even come here any more. However, this issue is too important to be politicized by partisan political commentators on a message board about cities. Pedophilia has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism, although behaviors and beliefs on both sides has made it easier for abusers to access victims and get away with their crimes. The vast majority of child sexual abuse happens within families and communities by people known to the victim and the victim’s family. It is not a right/left issue and anyone who attempts to politicize it should be ashamed of themselves.

I’ve known enough people whose lives were ruined by childhood sexual abuse to realize that if we don’t try and understand what makes people abuse children and start having a dialogue as a society on how to prevent abuse rather than simply punishing the offenders after it happens, we will continue to have millions of traumatized children grow into traumatized adults who make terrible choices. If that means research into pedophilia and attempts to understand why some pedophiles offend while others don’t, and why many non-pedophiles also sexually abuse children, I don’t see how that is normalizing the sexual abuse of children.

Researchers have made a lot of discoveries about psychopaths and psychopathology and learned that not all psychopaths cause murder and mayhem. I didn’t hear anyone screaming about “normalizing” serial killers, violent criminals, and other misanthropes as this research was published and written about in newspapers and on television. Quite the opposite, as the research has helped psychiatrists, doctors, and law enforcement better understand the minds of those psychopaths who do commit crimes and harm people and what differentiates them from those who simply have “psychopathic brains”. Is understanding something better the same as normalizing it? Shouldn’t we want to know what makes some pedophiles offend and others not? .
It's important to recognize that political party has nothing to do with the actual abuse.

The agenda to normalize pedophilia? Is coming form the left.

That's been made very clear.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-13-2022 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 01-13-2022, 01:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The "normalization" of pedophilia has been on the dem's agenda for awhile now, but their mission is fraught with peril... You know, because most Americans are big meanie deplorables who are not cool with grown adults sodomizing children. Brandon's patience with us is wearing thin... Since he loves children rubbing his body hair and legs in the pool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It's long been speculated that pedophilia was the "+" in LGBTQXYZ+

Not surprising that that group would support this. Let's hope that sanity rules the day, and this disgusting type of attempt by the birdcage liner that is the USA Today gets met with the outrage that it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's plain to see what the agenda is for children.

1. Sex education in schools as early as possible.
2. LGBT indoctrination in schools as early as possible.
3. Some states: underage girls can get birth control without parental notification.
3. Some states: underage girls can get an abortion without parental notification.
4. In some states underage girls and boys can get psych drugs without parental notification.
5. Some states: underage girls and boys can act as transgender in schools without parental notification
6. Some states: underage girls and boys can get gender 'reassignment' surgery without parental consent.

See a trend? Sexualization of children and drugs and removing parental rights? Involvement at the school and state level?

It's not anyone's imagination.

Add: Don't forget all the drag queen library hours.
Quote:
It's important to recognize that political party has nothing to do with the actual abuse.

The news articles in question involve scientists studying the causes/reasons of why people sexually abuse children. And to combat something you have to understand how and why it happens.

Are you saying the best way to reduce childhood sexual abuse, is to oppose scientific research into the causes of childhood sexual abuse, and cut funding for rape prevention programs?
Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-13-2022 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: This thread is NOT about Donald Trump

Old 01-13-2022, 01:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Old 01-13-2022, 01:24 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:

Show me where “the left” has displayed a very clear agenda to normalize pedophilia. Maybe also explain what you mean by “the left” and what you consider “normalizing pedophilia” to mean. Are “the left” the ones who mostly host and participate in child beauty pageants that sexualize children as young as four or five? Is that an example of “normalizing” pedophilia?

I read that USA Today article and if you think that is an example of “the left” normalizing pedophilia…I’d like to know how and why.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The news articles in question involve scientists studying the causes/reasons of why people sexually abuse children. And to combat something you have to understand how and why it happens.
The USA Today article promotes that pedophilia is a natural and normal inclination, innate at birth.

That means there will be a push to normalize it. I mean, they can't help it, it's natural, we need to be understanding.

First, tolerate.
Second, celebrate.
Third, advocate.

Learn history.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
The USA Today article promotes that pedophilia is a natural and normal inclination, innate at birth.
Show me where the USA Today article "promotes pedophilia" (but you can't.) In reality the article says a persons DNA causes them to be a pedophile.

Quote:
That means there will be a push to normalize it. I mean, they can't help it, it's natural, we need to be understanding.

First, tolerate.
Second, celebrate.
Third, advocate.
Where/when do democrats say its OK to sexually abuse children, celebrate children being sexually abused, or advocate the sexual abuse of children? (they don't)

Republicans tolerate, celebrate, and advocate the sexual abuse of children more than democrats. Republicans attack scientific research into the causes of childhood sexual abuse, and republicans cut funding for rape prevention programs.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:50 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Are you saying the best way to reduce childhood sexual abuse, is to oppose scientific research into the causes of childhood sexual abuse, and cut funding for rape prevention programs?
Moderator cut: Off topic

Weak rebuttal. Normalizing pedophilia will definitely not reduce child sexual abuse. If you need an explanation why, than I can't help you. And we know why pedos rape children. Because they are sexually attracted to them. This stuff is as basic as it gets, and doesn't require scientists to explain why it happens. If you would like less childhood sexual abuse in our society, you lock up the proven predators, and put in place the harshest punishments possible for people who have sexually abused children. They already get it pretty bad in prison. I would think it would be enough of a deterrent. But maybe sterilization or castration is necessary in some cases. I think chemical castration is sometimes used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies