Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 07:30 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times

Advertisements

Every "enemy" he cited were DEMOCRATS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 07:31 PM

4,513 posts, read 4,040,229 times
Good point he “won“. Is claiming there was rigging there?

Old 01-12-2022, 07:38 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,441 times
Didn't the last president call GA to "get" 11,000 votes? Seems like a good place to talk about votes and voting rights.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:09 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I'd like to thank you for starting a 3rd thread about Biden's speech in Georgia. It helped me see your salient thoughts.

I'd guess it's because it's the home of MLK and John Lewis, has a very high Black population, and they just modified their laws, and the Dems know that some of these changes would hinder the type of voting practices they took advantage of in 2020.

And also, Warnock will be right back up for re-election this November.
A state where he obviously feel like they aren’t smart enough to obtain a ID

Old 01-13-2022, 08:53 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
Didn't the last president call GA to "get" 11,000 votes? Seems like a good place to talk about votes and voting rights.
Ya know.....I think that whole scenario was with 11K questionable votes. Not that he wanted someone to 'make up' 11K votes.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times
I don't understand why he went out to give a speech anyhow. He knows he doesn't have the votes so he's wasting his time. I guess it makes him look good to the people of color voters?

Old 01-13-2022, 10:33 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
A state where he obviously feel like they aren’t smart enough to obtain a ID

Yep! the grandfather of black mass incarceration and for schooling segregation treating blacks who voted for him over 90% as dumb and victims because they can't get an I.D. Watching his speech in Georgia with all blacks in the background clapping like seals for every stupid thing he said makes you want to puke. I know the DNC payed them to be there but damn. When are blacks going to get tired and used by white liberal Democrats? They have the kidnap victim mentality. They like their kidnappers.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:56 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
please tell us the items, one by one, in the new GA law that made it more difficult to vote going forward than it was before 2019.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post

What Georgia’s Voting Law Really Does
The New York Times analyzed the state’s new 98-page voting law and identified 16 key provisions that will limit ballot access, potentially confuse voters and give more power to Republican lawmakers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/u...annotated.html

The real question is what do you think motivated them to make these changes.
Can you answer his question using your own words rather than slapping up a link hidden behind a paywall?

Old 01-13-2022, 11:54 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Can you answer his question using your own words rather than slapping up a link hidden behind a paywall?
No. What I posted answers quite nicely. Its in all the papers if you wanted to find it you could. I trust my sources more than you trust me anyway.

Old 01-14-2022, 06:19 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The only people that like him in Delaware work for the credit card companies.
So UN-informed! I am constantly amazed how some don't mind show how little they REALLY know!

"What Are The Biggest Industries In Delaware?
Agriculture

Agriculture is one of the most thriving industries in Delaware, thanks to farming. The industry is estimated to worth around $8 billion.
Fisheries

The fishing industry contributes about $34 million annually to the state’s economy.

Manufacturing

Delaware’s manufacturing sector is the state’s second-largest traded sector.

Over 25,000 residents of Delaware and their families rely on this sector for jobs and income.

Tourism

Finance

The financial sector is one of the backbone sectors of the economy of Delaware.

Mining

Minerals play an important role in the economy of Delaware. However, the mined production is not accurately measured. According to estimates, the mineral sector contributes about $1 billion to the US Bureau of Mines.

Other Industries In Delaware

Apart from the industries above, the economy of Delaware is also supported but other significantly important industries. The construction industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the state because of the demand for more housing and the growth of real estate. Another important industry is retail trade. Retail is one of the largest private-sector employers in Delaware, creating opportunities around the state. On average, retail shops in Delaware bring in $1,192 in revenue and process about 15 transactions in a day."

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...-delaware.html

It has often been said DuPont, now Dow/DuPont, owns and rules Deleware.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-14-2022 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies