Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 01:31 PM

995 posts, read 509,770 times

Advertisements

Today I made another "attempt" to get this stupid covid. First, I went to Home Depot - quite busy there, I guess because we might get some winter weather this weekend. Most were wearing masks, and I passed by a couple who were coughing. I then went to a hot dog joint popular with the trades - again, quite busy, and hardly a mask in the joint. No social distancing, either.

Lastly, I went to the HUGE international farmer's market. Boy, that place was busy. I was one of the few brave no-maskers in the joint (they do have a sign saying "Masks Optional" lol.) Zero social distancing, etc. Literally hundreds of people, all milling about in close, close company. Those loose-fitting masks, ha - lots of protection there against the mighty Omicron.

Lots of people, some obviously walking around "hot," I know I've been exposed to the dreaded coronavirus.

I'll report back in three days if I get sick or not.

Vaxxed and boosted here, last shot 25th Oct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 02:52 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
my doctor caught covid. she was triple vaxxed. i am triple vaxxed, too, and know eventually i will catch it unless i live like a hermit...which i refuse to do. like the science shows, when i do it will be a mild case.

i am not afraid of covid any longer and it annoys me to have to wear a mask so the leftists in my city don't attack me when in public.

dogmatic people willing to turn on those that don't follow arbitrary, ineffective 'rules' are the real virus.
I saw my other doctor today. she told me she had caught covid and was triple vaxxed. many of my triple vaxxed friends have also caught covid.

vaccination does NOT stop covid infections.

it is time for all governments to quit requiring vaxx papers, masking, and other draconian measures! they do not stop people from getting covid.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:00 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I’ve heard one lady here say her daughter caught it 3 times now. The last time gave it to her baby, n she n the baby had to be in the hospital. The mom was vaxed. So some people just have little chance.
Some Drs on YouTube explain the whole scientific process in the cells. Too much info for my head, but I get this. Protect yourself and your family the best you can.
The part I don’t get is how omicron is a gateway for covid 19 strain ?

Old 01-18-2022, 03:12 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Nope. Doing everything I can do to avoid it. I have no intention of catching Covid.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:13 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Just live your life. You're going to get it eventually. Living your life around the "when" just wastes your life and breaks your spirit.

Speaking as someone who was in a blind panic about it for 2-3 months (fell for the Chinese propaganda early on), then in a state of serious "virus avoidance" (insane hygiene regimen & drive-thru only @ retail) followed by the realization that people weren't actually dropping dead at any terrifying rate, returning to living normally again, then having Delta sweep through our house which includes my 81yo mother in law, you could say I've run the gambit of thoughts and feelings about this thing, and I've experienced one of the worse variants.

Live your life. Unless you have specific concerns regarding your personal health or living situation as it relates to this specific bug, the damage you do to yourself by living in fear is orders of magnitude worse than what you're likely to experience when you eventually get the virus.

BTW, HCQ and Ivermectin are effective for a lot of people. Again, firsthand experience.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:15 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Just live your life. You're going to get it eventually. Living your life around the "when" just wastes your life and breaks your spirit.

Speaking as someone who was in a blind panic about it for 2-3 months (fell for the Chinese propaganda early on), then in a state of serious "virus avoidance" (insane hygiene regimen & drive-thru only @ retail) followed by the realization that people weren't actually dropping dead at any terrifying rate, returning to living normally again, then having Delta sweep through our house which includes my 81yo mother in law, you could say I've run the gambit of thoughts and feelings about this thing, and I've experienced one of the worse variants.

Live your life. Unless you have specific concerns regarding your personal health or living situation as it relates to this specific bug, the damage you do to yourself by living in fear is orders of magnitude worse than what you're likely to experience when you eventually get the virus.

BTW, HCQ and Ivermectin are effective for a lot of people. Again, firsthand experience.
As someone with autoimmune disease on immunomodulatory therapy, I think I'll stick with my plan to avoid it. Thanks, though.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:16 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
No. Some people have a natural immunity to COVID. They are thinking it is because of previous corona virus infections. Plus, not everyone is going to get it in the first place.

Everyone needs to eat healthy and exercise, as that is your best defense against illness, not vaccines. I do wonder if those that get the flu shots every year have not compromised their immune systems, and are more likely to have gotten COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies