Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 09:02 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Celebrities are being used in place of government. Do you think any celebrity gives a crap what another celebrity says? No. They don't.

If celebrities apply the pressure to censor, the censorship looks "organic." And people think, oh that platform just gave in because of popular demand. Not because of government direction.

Its theatre. Pure and simple.

It's the free market at work. Pure and simple.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:07 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Celebrities are being used in place of government. Do you think any celebrity gives a crap what another celebrity says? No. They don't.

If celebrities apply the pressure to censor, the censorship looks "organic." And people think, oh that platform just gave in because of popular demand. Not because of government direction.

Exactly. I didn't hear or see any detail from Young or Mitchell? Not so much as one study or doctor. They might now after being coached but these 'misinformation' people give few or no details.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:07 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Welp, Rogan caved already and started his apology tour. I’m honestly a little surprised. I thought he’d be more defiant.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 01-31-2022, 09:22 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Rogan and anyone that listens to him are idiots.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Welp, Rogan caved already and started his apology tour. I’m honestly a little surprised. I thought he’d be more defiant.
My guess he might have been advised to get out in front of it and/or don't give the 'misinformation' crowd time and fodder. He did mention different opinions and will offer different opinions so he basically covered himself there. The actual video was over 9 minutes long so I'm not going to get hung up on sound bites and headlines.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:29 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
Who has the credentials to critique a patent-holding world famous virologist + immunologist who invented mRNA? Not any employee of linkedin, or a random slob posting on City-Data or Twitter like myself.
Aparently, (EDIT: "Nearly") the entire Trump based is qualified, IF That person is Dr. Faucci.

Double standard?

^Edited because I don't believe in Absolute statements.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:32 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:

Misinformation is not theatre. Its people trying to steer the narrative their way with lies, because the truth they cant handle or understand. Good for people that call them out that can make a difference.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:36 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
To me, Dr. Malone is just a bitter, vindictive old man who thinks he didn't get enough credit from advancing the mRNA vaccines.
I had his conversation with Rogan on for the majority of my drive from Cleveland to Cincinnati and if he were only that, I would have turned it off.

I'm also not sure why one would be desperately going to the media to try to take some share of the credit for contributing to the technology used in these vaccines, which don't create herd immunity at any level and come with all sorts of caveats we've never seen before with other vaccines (you still should wear a mask after taking them; you still should limit social interaction after taking them, certain countries have banned them in younger age groups, etc.). That doesn't sound like something for which people would lining up to take credit.

Hell, the Pfizer CEO went on CNBC a couple weeks ago and said the vaccines "don't have the safety profile" they want to see from this technology, and that neither natural nor vaccine immunity produces "durable immunity" to this virus. But Dr. Malone is going on Rogan because he thinks there's a victory lap going on and he's mad he's not part of it? Come on.

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 01-31-2022 at 10:22 AM..

Old 01-31-2022, 09:46 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Exactly. I didn't hear or see any detail from Young or Mitchell? Not so much as one study or doctor. They might now after being coached but these 'misinformation' people give few or no details.
Two washed up musicians are taking down others from having a voice.

Two washed up musicians are censoring the voices of others.

And there are posters HAPPILY supportive of that censorship.

Tip:

If you don't like Spotify, no one is forcing you to listen.

If you don't like Joe Rogan, no one is forcing you to listen.

If you don't like a Joe Rogan guest, no one is forcing you to listen.

I hate football. But I'm not out there screaming for it to be banned from being televised. I simply don't watch it.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:51 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How do you think he caved?

Rogan said all he does is invite people on, and talk. People are allowed to have opinions and discuss the hot topics of the day. But the tyrants on the left don't want people to discuss the issues unless the only words out of their mouths match what the all might federal government has decided is the allowed narratives.

Rogan, whom critics have accuses of promoting COVID misinformation on his podcasts, said Sunday that he consistently seeks out individuals to come on his show who have "differing opinions" but that he's "very happy" with Spotify's decision.

"I’m not trying to promote misinformation," he said in an Instagram video post. "I’m not trying to be controversial. I’ve never tried to do anything with this podcast other than to just talk to people."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies