Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 01:41 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Or Democrats could just run a moderate that hasn't lost their damned minds with woke BS......

Does the name Tulsi mean anything to you?
Democrats can't get a moderate nominated anymore. The party has been taken over by the extremist wing. They tried to pass off Joe as a moderate, but now we know he is not. At least he is not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 04:06 PM

190 posts, read 57,090 times
You hardly ever see Ted Cruz's name mentioned. I don't know a lot about him but from what I have seen I like.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:10 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Democrats can't get a moderate nominated anymore. The party has been taken over by the extremist wing. They tried to pass off Joe as a moderate, but now we know he is not. At least he is not anymore.
Biden is PlayDoh, as he always was. Pro Segregation when it helped him, Pro AOC when it helped him. Pro 3 Strikes & You're Out when it helped him.

Just like PlayDoh, form Brandon as you desire.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:20 PM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Same here. That ship has sailed.
The thing is, how do we get the country back on track ? I don't see any strong GOP contenders as of yet.

Really? That seems disingenuous as the Republicans currently have a deeeeep bench of largely Gen-X state Governors and Senators. ALL of whom are more capable and qualified to lead than the current occupants of the White House.

Are you one of those that want a "true conservative" to drop out of the sky?

Old 01-13-2022, 04:37 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Some of you guys are giving up on Donny way too easily. He's already won two elections despite the hateful MSM, and he'll win a third. Trump is the GOP, and don't you forget it.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:04 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
While it's clear Democrats will suffer a much deserved massive and devastating loss in the 2022 midterms due to their poor policies and absolute craziness, 2024 may bring something most are not seeing.

IF Donald Trump decides to run for office, he will scorch earth all the other Republicans in the primaries with personal attacks. If he does not win the primary, he will then tell all his followers to not vote at all for President. Whatever percentage listens to him will be enough to hand the election to the Democrats.

Mark my words on this and resurrect this thread in 2024. Trump will cost Republicans the election should he decide to run. If he does not run and does not tell his followers not to vote, a Republican will win easily.

I'm putting my money on Trump being narcissistic enough to run and destroy the Republican's lay up of a win.
Not a fan of Trump the person, pretty impressed with Trump the President.

That said, it is pretty much even at this point. Both Biden and Trump had a negative 10.7 rating differential between approval and disapproval.

IF the economy, inflation, Covid, border, Ukraine, Taiwan, crime, North Korea, China, etc. all get better than I think the Democrats MIGHT have a chance.

My guess, by 2024 it will be obvious to the entire world that China owns the 21st century, and America is entering a significant period of decline.

Not sure how Americans will react to being number 2 and sliding.

If people care about that, it will be bad news for the Democrats since it basically happened on their watch.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:14 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
While it's clear Democrats will suffer a much deserved massive and devastating loss in the 2022 midterms due to their poor policies and absolute craziness, 2024 may bring something most are not seeing.

IF Donald Trump decides to run for office, he will scorch earth all the other Republicans in the primaries with personal attacks. If he does not win the primary, he will then tell all his followers to not vote at all for President. Whatever percentage listens to him will be enough to hand the election to the Democrats.

Mark my words on this and resurrect this thread in 2024. Trump will cost Republicans the election should he decide to run. If he does not run and does not tell his followers not to vote, a Republican will win easily.

I'm putting my money on Trump being narcissistic enough to run and destroy the Republican's lay up of a win.
Right................................ Biden has cured most of the nation of any misgivings they had about Trump. Even those who disliked Trump understand that chaos at the border, high crime, inflation, and attacks on US citizens by the FBI is far worse.

I just hope to God that no one tries to impeach Biden after the republicans gain control in 2022 elections. We need Biden around as a continuing reminder of the disasterous, failed policies of the democrats.

Just wait until people really start to suffer from higher inflation, product shortages, and the potential for the real estate and stock market bubbles to burst with rising interest rates. Biden is the best advertisement the republicans could ever have to show citizens that democrats deliver misery and deprivation to the nation.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:16 PM

1,073 posts, read 622,665 times
Quote:

Agreed- I say this everyday on these forums.
I'm a moderate that has voted for more R's than D's over the past 10 years. But I will not vote for Trump-- a sitting president that tried to derail a constitutional event on January 6, 2021. Trump is a bad man. You don't agree with him he hangs the phone up. That's the way he is. Don't want him to be near the oval office.

Put someone in there that at least acts presidential -- be it Ted Cruz or Ron Desantis (not saying I would vote for them but the odds are greater than Trump). I think there are a lot of Americans that have similar views as I do (silent majority)

Old 01-13-2022, 05:19 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,355 times
Biden is an even badder man

Old 01-14-2022, 06:07 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Some of you guys are giving up on Donny way too easily. He's already won two elections despite the hateful MSM, and he'll win a third. Trump is the GOP, and don't you forget it.
Yup and he’s got his following like these to over-vote for him.

3 residents of The Villages cast multiple votes in 2020 election, police say

https://www.fox13news.com/news/villa...police-say.amp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies