Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 07:12 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
So it went back through the Senate TODAY, the Senate passed it and then discovered after the fact that this new wording was in it?

Has it actually passed the Senate?
Don't know - I haven't seen anything recently on whether the Senate has voted on the swapped sneak attack bill by the Dems.

Since this will bypass the filibuster and a required 60 votes and only require 50 votes, this could get passed if enough Dems cave and/or RINOs vote for it.

If so, then the only recourse would be for this to go to the Supreme Court since Federalizing elections violates the Constitutional rights of States to oversee their own election laws/process.

Yet another example of overreach of power by the Dems and disregard for the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 07:19 PM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Don't know - I haven't seen anything recently on whether the Senate has voted on the swapped sneak attack bill by the Dems.

Since this will bypass the filibuster and a required 60 votes and only require 50 votes, this could get passed if enough Dems cave and/or RINOs vote for it.

If so, then the only recourse would be for this to go to the Supreme Court since Federalizing elections violates the Constitutional rights of States to oversee their own election laws/process.

Yet another example of overreach of power by the Dems and disregard for the Constitution.
Thanks, this is good to know. It makes me sick that the Democrats have stooped to this incredibly low level.

Old 01-13-2022, 07:25 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
You folks missed how they passed the debt extension. Same method used to avoid the 60-vote nonsense

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/14/debt...n-us-debt.html

Old 01-13-2022, 09:38 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
I might be wrong, but as I recall they pulled something similar with Obamacare. Democrats lack integrity.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:43 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I might be wrong, but as I recall they pulled something similar with Obamacare. Democrats lack integrity.
I'm putting this John Adams quote in many of the threads I'm responding to today because of how relevant it is to our current situation.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

The current Democrat party is the best example we've seen in a long time of how true his words were.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:45 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
I don't understand why this story isn't getting much coverage. Is it fake news or do the dems and the MSM just hope they can keep this under wraps until it's too late to do anything about it?

I put a comment about this on a youtube video covering the "dead" voter "rights" bill and youtube deleted it.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:49 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I don't understand why this story isn't getting much coverage. Is it fake news or do the dems and the MSM just hope they can keep this under wraps until it's too late to do anything about it?
I'm perplexed as well. What MSM coverage there is has focused on the filibuster issue and how that pertains to the passing/failing of the fake voting rights bill.

Forbes and only a couple of other sites seem to have picked up on this issue.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I'm putting this John Adams quote in many of the threads I'm responding to today because of how relevant it is to our current situation.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

The current Democrat party is the best example we've seen in a long time of how true his words were.

Did you vote for Trump?

Old 01-15-2022, 08:43 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
The combined NASA/John Lewis voting rights passed the house but that's where it 'seems' to end.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/13/house-...ass-nasa-bill/

Some not thrilled they had a NASA bill that looked like it was going to pass.

https://www.oc-breeze.com/2022/01/14...ovation/?amp=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies