Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 04:08 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It makes no sense that she wouldn’t support killing the filibuster. None at all. I think she is privately much more progressive than the way she votes. It’s almost like someone has something on her, or she has agreed to sacrifice her own principles for wealth.

Which leads me to believe this whole game is rigged. When Republicans had complete control in 2017-18, there was McCain, Flake, and even Paul Ryan, blocking Trump’s agenda.

Now, Democrats have complete control and there is Manchin and Sinema blocking Biden’s agenda.
It is terrific to see Congress block the agenda of the POTUS as needed. We do not have a Czar, despite Biden's desire to be one.

Very proud of POTUS Manchin & VP Sinema.

50-50 is such a sweet result in that this frustrates liberals immensely, and they were dumb enough to think the tiebreaker matters. Shazam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 04:11 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I despise the Democrats too. RINO's a close 2nd. I've never voted for a Democrat in my entire life and never will. Unfortunately I've had to vote for a few RINO's it was either that or stay home on Election Day. It was the lessor of two evils and I'm against the concept of a third party option for all practical purposes. Not only could a third party candidate be a spoiler but we could end up with someone that got 34% of the vote that 66% would be opposed to if the 66% were split evenly between the other two parties. The reality is that it was going to be either a Democrat or Republican. Just not voting was never an option for me either.

I just hope to Christ that they don't get anything done. We already have enough laws and regulations to keep the lawyers busy into perpetuity. We don't need any more laws. It's time that politicians just butt out of our lives. Other than closing the border. I'd prefer that they just stay home and basket weave or better yet play with themselves.
"Americans are safest when Congress is not in Session"

Old 01-13-2022, 04:14 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
It makes no sense that she wouldn’t support killing the filibuster. None at all.
It makes perfect sense, it’s called bipartisan compromise. She’s reaching across the aisle instead of selling her soul to a morally bankrupt administration. She’s thinking for herself instead of following the sheep, ironically against Bidens own delusional speech about election overhauls.

Her and Manchin are truly saving this country and deserve all the accolades they will get for it.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:30 PM

6,567 posts, read 6,731,727 times
Come on liberals...she's a maverick just like John McCain, lol

Old 01-13-2022, 04:40 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,346,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Come on liberals...she's a maverick just like John McCain, lol
Good catch!!!

I just love it when people point out the blatant hypocrisy of those on the Left.

Old 01-13-2022, 06:55 PM

6,567 posts, read 6,731,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Good catch!!!

I just love it when people point out the blatant hypocrisy of those on the Left.
Yup...what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sinema-de...180152300.html

Democratic Senator Kyrsten Sinema declared Thursday that she will not vote to suspend the filibuster in order to pass two voting bills championed by her party, all but guaranteeing that President Biden’s top legislative priority will fail.

Double bad day for potato Brandon.. looks like the democrats have imploded in 1 year .. This is amazing to watch... Cant wait for November.. This is going to be on political SShow.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:25 PM

33,308 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sin...ing-rights.amp

Well done Sinema, good to see these election bills won’t get passed.
Yes, good news .

Old 01-13-2022, 09:30 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yes, good news .
Her and Manchin are actually doing what they are suppose to do as senators. Representing their constituents.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:34 PM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
It makes no sense that she wouldn’t support killing the filibuster. None at all.
Let me make sense of it for you with four simple words - Harry Reid's nuclear option.

The last time the Democrats made a drastic change to the Senate parliamentary rules concerning the filibuster, it was because they threw a tantrum that they weren't getting their way on judicial nominations during the Obama administration. So the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV), got rid of the filibuster for judicial nominations. And they got some of their nominees through.

Then the unthinkable happened. The GOP took the White House in 2016. They also took the Senate and kept it for the entire Trump presidency. And so Harry Reid could get a couple dozen nominees through to spite the Republicans...he gave McConnell and Trump the tool to get just shy of 1,000 nominees seated all across the nation. Lifetime appointments...almost a thousand of them...conservatives top to bottom....just think on that for a minute.

THAT is why Sinema won't support killing the filibuster. She is saving her party from another utter destruction at the hands of vengeful Republicans who are almost a lock to retake both the House and Senate this November.

She is rescuing them from their own stupidity. They should thank her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies