Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2022, 02:14 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That is not up to the Federal Government to decide. They have no authority and tried to sneak around the constitution with this.
Redefining words to suit their agenda ? OSHA had covid as deadly as anthrax for crying out loud....hence.."occupational workplace hazard".
That is blatant BS

This was bigger than "save lives".
The President and even Pelosi understood that neither the president or congress have the authority to mandate that all citizens shall be vaccinated or be punished. So Biden ordered his administration to mandate the vaccine in a lawless work around. Biden should be impeached for this obvious abuse of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 02:18 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The President and even Pelosi understood that neither the president or congress have the authority to mandate that all citizens shall be vaccinated or be punished. So Biden ordered his administration to mandate the vaccine in a lawless work around. Biden should be impeached for this obvious abuse of power.
And personally held liable in civil and criminal court for extortion and abuse of power/discretion. And since this involved the use of a pharmaceutical product, crimes against humanity.

And have his pension stripped.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I see, so the President can ignore our laws and Constitution and just rule like a king, as he sees fit? This does not chill you? What if Trump did whatever the hell he wanted to do, would that chill you?
He did.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:54 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
That is not up to the Federal Government to decide. They have no authority and tried to sneak around the constitution with this.
Redefining words to suit their agenda ? OSHA had covid as deadly as anthrax for crying out loud....hence.."occupational workplace hazard".
That is blatant BS

Unless you're one of the almost 900K who have died so far.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:59 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I didn't expect the vaccine mandate to pass the Supreme Court, but "the Biden Administration’s propensity to engage in blatant agency overreach ought to chill true liberals." I'm not a liberal but it does not chill me. Trying to save lives should not chill anyone.

Where are they going to find the nurses? Schools are going online because of staffing issues. Restaurants are closed because of a lack of staff. I drove by a McDonalds around 7:30 the other evening and the lights were off. How often does that happen?
Times of peril are the times it is most important to safeguard our rights. There is a reason for the old saying “The road to Hell is paved with good intentionsâ€.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:11 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Quote:
That is blatant BS

I am older, as you may have gathered by my handle, and belong another demographic that was hit hard by Covid, so the reality of lives lost is way too real for me. I lost two brothers, a nephew, several cousins, and multiple friends to this vile disease. All the same, protecting and preserving the unique liberties of this nation is bigger than “save livesâ€. We fought wars and sacrificed young lives throughout our history as a nation in defense of those rights.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:13 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
It's your job to safeguard your own life.

The Federal Government's job is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. End of Story.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:15 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
It's your job to safeguard your own life.

The Federal Government's job is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. End of Story.
The sign of an adult is someone who is not looking for the government to save them.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:38 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Such a warped thinking that one man sitting at a desk has the power of God to not let people die.
That figure includes an entire year with no vaccine available.
And not one single person in the US is being denied a vaccine....not one.

So mandating it won't change a thing.

Go get jabbed to your heart's content because no one is stopping you.

Old 01-14-2022, 04:14 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What does that have anything to do with a vaccine that does not stop especially the variant we are dealing with today?

There are also reports of the peak being very near......if science got it right.
Because the vaccine keeps most people out of the hospital and prevents them from being overwhelmed to the point they are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies