Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 05:36 PM

1,747 posts, read 879,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I agree. What were the numbers under Trump? I am no fan of Biden but blaming him shows a lack of understanding of the cause. The fed has been pumping asset prices since 2008.

It's not just the fed printing money all these years it was all the high taxes and vaccine mandates this past year that drove people to other states.

The seacoast area in NH where I lived has had sky rocketing prices the past year - way higher than many of the prices in this list. Average for my home town is so high now that most young families can't afford to move to town anymore. The elementary and junior high schools have less than half the number of kids then when my son went to school in the mid-90s to early 2000s.

If you can work remotely, why pay the high taxes in NJ or NY when you can move to NH and have no sales or income tax and be free to go about your life without all the regulations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 05:52 PM

8,064 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
It's not just the fed printing money all these years it was all the high taxes and vaccine mandates this past year that drove people to other states.

The seacoast area in NH where I lived has had sky rocketing prices the past year - way higher than many of the prices in this list. Average for my home town is so high now that most young families can't afford to move to town anymore. The elementary and junior high schools have less than half the number of kids then when my son went to school in the mid-90s to early 2000s.

If you can work remotely, why pay the high taxes in NJ or NY when you can move to NH and have no sales or income tax and be free to go about your life without all the regulations?
Your comment has nothing to do with 8 States having average listing prices exceeding 1 million dollars. Do "high taxes" cause real estate values to increase? Vaccine mandates?

What causes increases in asset valuations is freely printing currency and very low-interest rates. How does this equate to people moving? Did you even read the list of States that exceed 1mil listing prices?
Average listing prices for the entire states:
$1,474,000 California
$1,128,000 Colorado
$1,191,000 Massachusetts
$1,647,000 New York
$1,178,000 Utah

Doesn't seem to me they are States that people are worried about taxes or vax mandates.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:23 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Zero interest rate policy seems to be causing all sorts of real estate issues.

Apartments are occupied 97.5% occupied or 2.5% vacant because many who take-home the median or average income can't buy a house.

Average listing prices for the entire states:
$1,474,000 California
$1,128,000 Colorado
$1,191,000 Massachusetts
$1,647,000 New York
$1,178,000 Utah
$698,000 Arizona
$941,000 Florida

[url]https://fred.stlouisfed.org/release/tables?rid=462&eid=1131315#snid=1131321[/url]

[url]https://www.realpage.com/analytics/demand-apartments-2021-smashes-previous-record-high/[/url]
I'm very aware of your disdain for Colorado, but that number does not accurately reflect the cost of housing in this state. It's expensive, no doubt, but not quite THAT expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies