Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 12:33 AM

927 posts, read 591,669 times

Advertisements

I have never seen such a confused and twisted society. It feels like we are living in a 'blight ganon' society if you played either Breath of the Wild or Age of Calamity (HW) the prequel to BOTW where you fight those weird purple imitations of your characters. It feels like we are living in that.

Another example that may be better is the Colossus Forbin Project which we actually have the same type of super computer as in that novel/show in a mountain in Colorado though in the show it controlled all the weapons and allowed the owner to be fooled into thinking he was fooling the machine. 'Sir what is privacy? please define privacy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 02:38 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,240,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
I have never seen such a confused and twisted society.
Can you be more specific? What exactly is bothering you Rabbi?

Old 01-12-2022, 03:36 AM

7,510 posts, read 3,640,757 times
the bots are so interesting when they interact. but who is running these bots? Russia? China? FBI?

Old 01-12-2022, 05:28 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,344,839 times
I was thinking about this when I got off of work this morning decided to ask you Google how many genders there were... Just because the establishment says something doesn't make it gospel. They can tell you there is 58 genders but if in your common sense logical mind you know there's just two genders then reject they are telling you. In an world of objective reality where facts are facts and truth is truth where two plus two equals four and not five.... You stick up for what you know is right and true.

All the so-called factual publications might tell you there's 58 genders but that doesn't mean they're correct. This is how history gets distorted and twisted when the people in charge just decide to make up whatever better they want, call it true, put it in books.... Weve all read the book 1984 here....

Old 01-12-2022, 06:18 AM

21,257 posts, read 19,882,424 times
Thank goodness we have video games to make sense of it all.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:22 PM

4,348 posts, read 2,257,774 times
Every day is opposite day in Brandon's clown world.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:24 PM

22,039 posts, read 9,628,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I was thinking about this when I got off of work this morning decided to ask you Google how many genders there were... Just because the establishment says something doesn't make it gospel. They can tell you there is 58 genders but if in your common sense logical mind you know there's just two genders then reject they are telling you. In an world of objective reality where facts are facts and truth is truth where two plus two equals four and not five.... You stick up for what you know is right and true.

All the so-called factual publications might tell you there's 58 genders but that doesn't mean they're correct. This is how history gets distorted and twisted when the people in charge just decide to make up whatever better they want, call it true, put it in books.... Weve all read the book 1984 here....
Jesus. I did it. 58 genders. 3 MAIN gender: male, female, intersex. Oh, for *****'s sake.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:25 PM

43,477 posts, read 18,573,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
I have never seen such a confused and twisted society. It feels like we are living in a 'blight ganon' society if you played either Breath of the Wild or Age of Calamity (HW) the prequel to BOTW where you fight those weird purple imitations of your characters. It feels like we are living in that.

Another example that may be better is the Colossus Forbin Project which we actually have the same type of super computer as in that novel/show in a mountain in Colorado though in the show it controlled all the weapons and allowed the owner to be fooled into thinking he was fooling the machine. 'Sir what is privacy? please define privacy"
I said that last year...we're living in Bizarro World...where everything is opposite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World

In popular culture, "Bizarro World" has come to mean a situation or setting which is weirdly inverted or opposite to expectations.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:37 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,431,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
the bots are so interesting when they interact. but who is running these bots? Russia? China? FBI?
is there a difference?

Old 01-14-2022, 03:47 PM

62,037 posts, read 87,741,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
In an world of objective reality where facts are facts and truth is truth where two plus two equals four and not five.... You stick up for what you know is right and true.
No. No. No.....!!

YOU got it wrong!! Nowadays two plus two is whatever you want it to be, so you don't feel offended...

Wikipedia has a great explanation too...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_%2B_2_%3D_5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies