Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2022, 11:57 AM

13,350 posts, read 4,200,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
If you an example of the Christian Right I wouldn't be bragging what a shining example you are...

The Christian right isn't pushing abortions on demand and celebrating it like they won the W.S., that's your side. If Jesus came back, the left wouldn't have a problem of aborting him 100 times. It's who your side is but you are going to lecture the right? Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This the problem. Repetitively saying nasty lies against an entire group of people and assigning false characteristics to them. You think Democrat Christians appreciate this type of slur? Just using this as an example--the same type of thing is done to other groups.

Shouldn't we be past this Us v Them childishness by now?

Why not, they attack the Christian right of worse things and I don't see your outrage or defense.
When have the Christian left challenge the platform of the Democrat party of their abortions on demand and the purge in the party of pro life democrats? But you don't think that is a bigger problem? So much for the tolerant left.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:03 PM

17,187 posts, read 12,051,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why do Republicans hate the most Christian president in modern American history?

American Christian Nationalism is a nasty heresy. It is a syncretic religion based more upon hate than love, more about self glorification and disdain for others than humility and caring.

If Christ showed up today they would crucify Him all over again.
Yeah nothing like them cherry picking verses to go after people they don't like while ignoring everything it says about their own behavior.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - disputed attribution to Gandhi

Old 01-14-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Why not, they attack the Christian right of worse things and I don't see your outrage or defense.
When have the Christian left challenge the platform of the Democrat party of their abortions on demand and the purge in the party of pro life democrats? But you don't think that is a bigger problem? So much form the tolerant left.
The only thing the bible says about abortion is how to get one at the temple.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1&version=NRSV

Note that it's not even a case of rape, just a suspected unfaithful wife.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:07 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,911,003 times
Please send money to Jim and Tammy Baker and the PTL Club.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:07 PM

10,305 posts, read 10,556,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Jimmy Carter.

He has for the longest time been the punching bag for the right. Who was the worse president ever? Carter. It fits into their narrative that Reagan saved America.

But Carter was the most devout and conservative leader. He was a farmer from the south with a tendency for timid behavior and a strong belief in physical labor.

Reagan was a divorced Hollywood Liberal. Bush was a northeastern academic elite. But for some reason republicans hate the moral leadership of Carter.

They think he should have nuked Teheran and blame him for feckless leadership.

Republicans wanted a globalist neocon more concerned with a foriegn policy and supply chain than average farmers.

What gives?
I agree with everything you listed. Carter was also one of our most intelligent Presidents. He studied engineering at the Naval Academy and graduated 60th out of 820 midshipmen. He also studied nuclear power plant operation.

The comparison to Reagan is interesting. Reagan was not very intelligent and was not a student of anything. What he had going for him is he came across as Presidential. Problems stuck to Carter while Reagan was the Teflon President who survived every crisis in his administration with minimal damage.

Carter was far from our worst President, and Reagan was not one of our best Presidents.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The only thing the bible says about abortion is how to get one at the temple.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...1&version=NRSV

They say more than that but this is not bible studies. The fact is if Jesus came back 100 times and he was aborted 100 times the left wouldn't have a problem and actual have their parades.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They say more than that but this is not bible studies. The fact is if Jesus came back 100 times and he was aborted 100 times the left wouldn't have a problem and actual have their parades.
Nope, the obsession with abortion was pushed entirely by man as a vehicle to build the religious right.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:17 PM

15,584 posts, read 10,314,512 times
former president carter was and still is a very decent man. he was a lousy president, however.

winterfall, the premise of your thread is silly. i am a republican and do not hate former president carter. in fact, i can't think of any living person i hate.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:19 PM

7,236 posts, read 3,425,126 times
i will chime in. because most Republicans are conservatives and do not look at race, religion, or affiliation of a particular organization when forming their opinions unlike the koolaid drunken leftists who go lock step with whatever their party doles out no matter how insane it sounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies