Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 05:09 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No Sinema killed it. I fully regret voting for that two-faced traitor. She sold out Arizona. Arizona has had several issues with voting and this goes back to the election she won and even before that. She is out of touch and I should have voted McSally. While I don't like McSally, at least I would have gotten what I expected. Sinema is two-faced and cannot be trusted. Sinema today single-handedly given the Republicans the House and Senate in 2022.
The last part is not remotely true. Lots of missteps by Dems in general and Biden's incompetence is going to be legendary. Combine that with party in power trends against incumbent parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 05:20 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The Biden Administration wants to change filibuster rules so their is a glimmer that is could be passed. It seems almost all Republicans are against it, along with enough Democrats to not even make it feasible to go down this route.
Well he's very unlikely to get the filibuster changes he wants, but the dems have bypassed the filibuster by attaching the election fortification bill to a pre-existing NASA bill so it only needs a simple majority now. So yes, the election fortification bill, which has nothing to do with voting rights, has a good chance of passing.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:36 AM

955 posts, read 744,247 times
Who cant vote? And why cant they? Please explain and not the CNN talking points

Old 01-14-2022, 05:40 AM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Democrats depend on a majority base of the most uninformed ignorant people in the country. They hear “voting rights bill” and believe it.
Can’t stay in power? Change the rules.
Can’t get the rules changed?
Creep the agenda in some other way.
The never cease to disgust informed voters ongoing.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:46 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
I just don't get the all the fuss about the importance of being able to serve food & water to people standing in line at the polling place. I've never been offered food or water in my 47 years as a registered voter, when waiting in line. Never even thought about it. I prefer to be sitting at a table when eating, rather than standing in a line.

Where I've lived, polling locations could be public buildings, like libraries, government offices, or public schools. They can also be private schools, places of worship, and commercial buildings. What about those polling places that have signs posted on the door stating: "No food or drink allowed"? Does the Elections Office get to override the policies of the owner of the physical location where the voting takes place? Who would be responsible for clean-up & disposal of all remnants of the food & beverage containers? The Elections Office, or the owner of the facility?

Old 01-14-2022, 05:46 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
I'm putting a link to this other thread here because after looking through some of the comments in this thread it appears many people are unaware of the fast one the dems have pulled regarding this bill. They no longer need the filibuster and can get this abomination passed with a simple majority. They outsmarted the GOP and the American people again.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ss-senate.html

Old 01-14-2022, 06:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Democrats depend on a majority base of the most uninformed ignorant people in the country. They hear “voting rights bill” and believe it.
Can’t stay in power? Change the rules.
Can’t get the rules changed?
Creep the agenda in some other way.
The never cease to disgust informed voters ongoing.
And I can say that about the Republicans over the Arizona results in 2018 and 2020. Up to 2016, there was no fraud in mail in ballots. After 2018, there all of a sudden was concern for fraud but not enough to have an audit (beyond normal vote scrutiny that we never talk about ) In 2020, now it is so bad we have a "forensic audit" that proved nothing and was a waste of tax payer money. Why are mail in ballots only good when Republicans won?

Old 01-14-2022, 06:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Who cant vote? And why cant they? Please explain and not the CNN talking points
Those that have full day shifts at work. Those that were asked to work a double at work. Those of us unlucky enough to see our polling location close. Those of us subjected to traffic and cannot return to our districted polling location (we instead have to put in a provisional ballot.) Those of us that maybe have a 40 minute drive. Those of use who due to work, have to vote late enough that maybe just maybe results are already in prior to voting. I have seen a lot of this in Arizona. I don't understand why a mail in ballot is so aggresgious. If you feel that strongly against them, you can still vote in person. However it is convenient for me and so I do it that way.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:47 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The last part is not remotely true. Lots of missteps by Dems in general and Biden's incompetence is going to be legendary. Combine that with party in power trends against incumbent parties.
What is meant is that by blocking the elections fraud bill, fair elections are more likely to take place thus giving the house and senate to Republicans.

The elections fraud bill was Democrat's last hope of holding on to power with the people against them.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:10 AM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Those that have full day shifts at work. Those that were asked to work a double at work. Those of us unlucky enough to see our polling location close. Those of us subjected to traffic and cannot return to our districted polling location (we instead have to put in a provisional ballot.) Those of us that maybe have a 40 minute drive. Those of use who due to work, have to vote late enough that maybe just maybe results are already in prior to voting. I have seen a lot of this in Arizona. I don't understand why a mail in ballot is so aggresgious. If you feel that strongly against them, you can still vote in person. However it is convenient for me and so I do it that way.
All state issues. Nothing about voting needs federal regulation. States determine manner of voting. The states created the fed gov in the first place- by voting! Doesn't mean voting isn't messed up in many states, it is. If any federal election law should be passed it should be to ban computers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies