Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2022, 04:36 AM

15,959 posts, read 7,021,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who died and left you in charge of someone else's state?
I pay those federal taxes that goes to those states. Nobody owns’s any state. It is not your house. If a state makes it hard to vote with intention of making voting inaccessible to some it is violating the constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 04:39 AM

15,959 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No. The wrong kind of people should not be voting. Especially in certain key swing states. That’s why the Right needs to defeat this voting rights law.
Read your constitution. Every citizen has a right to vote. The Right needs some education.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:45 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
There is absolutely no constitutional ground for opposing Congress weighing in on federal elections. The U.S. Constitution is clear that “ Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations.”

The 1965 “act to enforce the fifteenth amendment to the Constitution,” otherwise known as the Voting Rights Act of 1965, is a law designed to protect the right of every American adult to have a say in their government, to vote and have their vote counted.

SCOTUS gutted that law in 2013. '

The Freedom to Vote: John R. Lewis Act is designed to bring it back.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:25 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…but watching Dems scurry in desperation is hilarious. They’ve created the debacles that are going to lead to their demise and they know it.
Amen. We just had records set for total votes cast. The system, as is, is working fine.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:28 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Felons do not have the right to vote unless their rights have been restored by due process of law.
Underage people do not have the right to vote.
Dead people do not have the right to vote.
Someone who has already voted in today's election, does not have the right to vote in it again.

Need more examples?

(patiently)

Because voting is not controlled by the Constitution, but by the States. All the Constitution says, is that the States will control their own elections. And state constitutions and state laws have plenty of language restricting or banning certain people from voting, starting with the examples above.

BTW, the examples above, and others like them, are exactly the things Democrats want MORE of, so they can cheat and get votes that no law-abiding citizen wants to give them. They can't win unless they get huge numbers of illegal and/or fraudulent votes. Hence their rabid pushing of Biden's "Criminal's Voting Rights" act.

Sigh, you have to explain so much to these people, so many times over and over....
Great, spot on post. I know I am old as I remember when the Democratic party had some honest people in the organization.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:29 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm no expert but from what I hear, this won't pass. Frankly, I'm glad. Mr. Biden was against this sort of thing years ago but now that he wants his way, he's all in for it. I hope this fails. It would be bad for the country ... as if the country is great shape anyway.
I honestly don't think it's Biden who wants it, but his puppetmasters who are running him to do their bidding. Load him up with the good stuff, wind him up, and off he goes.

IMO, of course.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:32 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The Biden Administration wants to change filibuster rules so their is a glimmer that is could be passed. It seems almost all Republicans are against it, along with enough Democrats to not even make it feasible to go down this route.
What voting "right" do you or anybody else, NOT have?

Politicians put nice catching names on bills, then when it is read, it does NOT look anything like the title.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I'm no expert but from what I hear, this won't pass. Frankly, I'm glad. Mr. Biden was against this sort of thing years ago but now that he wants his way, he's all in for it. I hope this fails. It would be bad for the country ... as if the country is great shape anyway.
"Mr. Biden was against this sort of thing years ago"

As were MOST dems in the Senate over the years.

Remember, "I was for it, before I was against it"?

When the dems are in charges they DON'T want it. When NOT in charge they DO, history tell us!

Old 01-17-2022, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Dems are constantly trying to bend the voting rules to make it easier for them to cheat. That is exactly what this is.

We need every state to have the same restrictive voting rules as Biden's home state of Delaware.
Which does NOT have SINGLE drop box.

Go figure!

Old 01-17-2022, 05:41 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I pay those federal taxes that goes to those states. Nobody owns’s any state. It is not your house. If a state makes it hard to vote with intention of making voting inaccessible to some it is violating the constitution.
You need to read the Bill and all of it's specifics instead of just the hyperbole of headlines and media propaganda spouting Democrat lies and distortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies