Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 01:08 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yes, republicans supported that order, what did you not understand from my first post ?
What makes you think they had any say at all? An Executive Order bypasses everyone else. Solely issued by POTUS, specifically so that those opposed can't block it. That's what Democrat FDR did with his Executive Ordered Japanese Internment Camps. He didn't even bother running it by Congress. He acted solely on his own to create and implement them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 01:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes you think they had any say at all? An Executive Order bypasses everyone else. Solely issued by POTUS, specifically so that those opposed can't block it. That's what Democrat FDR did with his Executive Ordered Japanese Internment Camps. He didn't even bother running it by Congress. He acted solely on his own to create and implement them.
You are being purposefully obtuse by trying to argue that an executive order doesnt need to have support because thats not the point of my post, or the heart of yours.

Your argument is that ONLY Dems supported it,(because no one debated how executive orders works) when that clearly isnt true.

If you want to dance around the simple fact that Republicans not only supported internment camps, but helped with the policy and even set them up (Earl Warren), then lets just end the conversation and move on.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:20 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Nobody is dancing on people's graves. They are simply pointing out these tragic stories to send a message. A message you and others refuse to hear, but perhaps those on the fence need to hear. If it saves one of those people's life, just one, it will be worth your hurt feelings.
Did you read the posts in that forum? They aren’t lamenting tragedy. They’re dancing on graves.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:22 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
These views are so extreme, I am not surprised.

Also, what is with a very large percentage of Democrats dancing on the ceiling when a person succumbs to the Coronavirus?

Even when people who have had two or three "vaccines", the liberals will troll forums and accuse the person of going out without wearing multiple masks.

What is interesting is when the lovers of these so called "vaccines" blame the many who are completely unvaccinated from the COVID, many of them likely got it from a vaccinated person who thought they were above basic hygiene because they thought they were magically immune because of the "vaccine"

There are still some rational Democrats, but nearly half of Democrats seem to be extremely extreme in their beliefs to the extent that it's obviously some sort of psychological issue that they need to be evaluated.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-unvaccinated/
Their Democrat politicians have taught their voters to dehumanize and hate their political opponents. Anyone who disagree with the Democratic left, must be banished, punished, and even imprisoned

Old 01-15-2022, 02:23 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
About 2 years ago, there was a thread on the removal of jail penalties for knowingly spreading STDs.

Conservatives wanted higher penalties, and Dems thought removing the stigmatism would help people go to doctors. Interesting how the tables have turned.
The difference is knowingly sleeping with people and not telling them they could get HIV is shortening someone’s life. Not taking a vaccine that doesn’t prevent people from getting or spreading an airborne virus like COVID is completely different. You can’t get HIV merely by being in the same room with someone. You have to have sex with them. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. They are nothing alike.

Last edited by katygirl68; 01-15-2022 at 02:32 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 02:34 PM

1,874 posts, read 649,757 times
Quote:
As I used in my example, We all seem to be fine with criminal charges and jail time for spreading an STD that you can live with, logically, why then wouldnt you be fine with either a fine or jail penalty for Covid 19 ???

Do you support abolishing criminal penalties for STD spreading ????
There is a great difference between a sexually transmitted disease vs a respiratory illness virus.

An STD is an intimate disease, meaning there is physical contact and the most intimate is the sex act. An STD can also be transmitted via bodily fluid but that also fall under the intimacy heading. You can know that you have an STD or you can be ignorant of your condition, but no matter what, you can spread whatever you have only by intimate contact with another person.

A respiratory illness, which includes the common cold, can be spread by anyone, including children, and by any method. Like the STD, you can know if you are sick or you can be ignorant that you have the virus. If you are sick, then you would take precautions, which normally includes (self) quarantine, aka stay home and eat chicken soup. If you do not know you are carrying the virus, then you would be spreading the virus even just by breathing, let alone having physical contact like shaking hands. Lastly, unlike an STD, you can spread the cold indirectly, meaning thru a third party such as the doorknob.

Because of this difference, and we are going under the assumption that you are CONSCIOUS of your condition, spreading an STD is deliberate, but not only that, the deliberation is precise, meaning only one person at a time, and hopefully, only to adults. So if 10 persons were infected by you, that is 10 instances of planning and execution.

So yes, personally, I hold deliberately spreading an STD more morally heinous than spreading a respiratory illness virus. Subconsciously with common sense, most people understand the difference. This is not a valid, let alone good, argument to justify medical internment camps. So in the end, with this attempt of trying to conflate STD with COVID, the COVID pandemic exposed Leftist core beliefs in ways no one expected.

Last edited by Roderic; 01-15-2022 at 03:50 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 03:22 PM

4,664 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
1. Its Rasmussen Reports, so it isnt actually anonymous, its basically their former email subscription base. So there is a decent chance its a bunch of people trolling , I mean, we have polls created by people on this site where they make who voted how visible and half the "Democrats" voting in it are posters who are clearly not Dems. Some of them even say " I voted how I think Dems would"

2. That being said, you see this as people living their lives, and some see it as spreading a deadly disease on purpose with no precaution.

As I used in my example, We all seem to be fine with criminal charges and jail time for spreading an STD that you can live with, logically, why then wouldnt you be fine with either a fine or jail penalty for Covid 19 ???

Do you support abolishing criminal penalties for STD spreading ????
That's a pigheaded way to see it, in no small part because human beings always are contracting and spreading viruses that are technically potentially deadly to someone, just by virtue of doing normal human activities.

Old 01-15-2022, 03:23 PM

18,493 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Yeah, Breitbart is a reliable source…

Old 01-15-2022, 03:29 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

"48% of Democrats say government should imprison those who question vaccine, 45% of Dems okay with COVID camps"

And that is why (1) I no longer willingly associate with Democrats unless I know that they are moderate and open-minded Democrats, and (2) why I no longer discuss my political opinions with anyone except online and with my husband.

Sad that it has come to this.

P.S. And, btw, it often comes up in these threads about the possibility of a civil war. I think that this "war" has already begun only it is now taking place mainly in people's minds.

Last edited by katharsis; 01-15-2022 at 03:38 PM..

Old 01-15-2022, 03:36 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Then 48% of democrats need to be placed in such "camps." They are a danger to the republic. They are no better than Nazis, each a Heinrich Himmler en embryo.
I just saw this Twilight Zone episode "Four O'Clock" last night. (I own the complete DVD set.) Strange how many of those old Twilight Zone episodes are very relevant today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1RHo__k2mw

(The above is just a three-minute summary)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies