Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 01:54 PM

19,166 posts, read 16,588,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
OMG...the video of all those looted packages...and LA isn't doing anything about it ?
One would hope but probably not. City officials are still trying to convince the LAPD to get vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 01:59 PM

42,678 posts, read 17,895,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
One would hope but probably not. City officials are still trying to convince the LAPD to get vaccinated.
And here people are probably all getting mad at the carriers because they don't know what's really going on.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:05 PM

Exactly. These videos showing what's going on is pretty helpful

Old 01-14-2022, 03:49 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,180,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...and it's been going on for months

Looters steal Amazon and UPS packages from trains waiting outside downtown LA sorting depot and strew debris along tracks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-looters.html
Until CA and the rest of these blue states get serious about crime, this stuff is only going to continue.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Until CA and the rest of these blue states get serious about crime, this stuff is only going to continue.
Oh, again bashing California. You know, NY is far worse than we are. And Chicago doesn't seem to be doing well either. Why don't you ever say anything about them? Why always bashing California? Oh right. I know. Never mind

Old 01-14-2022, 07:52 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I used to order from Amazon frequently, but since moving to the Florida Panhandle I find most of the stuff that I need locally and often at independent businesses.

I ordered maybe 6-7 items through 2021. They were small, hard to find things like a tail gate assist for my truck, electrostatic bags, and an office chair tilt mechanism and gas cylinder (I didn't want to replace my 20 yo executive office chair). Criminals had few opportunities to steal my Amazon packages and they would not have stolen anything worth the effort.
I use E-Bay and have found just about all I am looking for . , from batteries for a car Fob to parts for a ride on lawn mover . Car covers , seat covers, just about anything I need or want. No problems with them at all. I use paypal with each purchase.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:06 PM

4,950 posts, read 2,213,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I use E-Bay and have found just about all I am looking for . , from batteries for a car Fob to parts for a ride on lawn mover . Car covers , seat covers, just about anything I need or want. No problems with them at all. I use paypal with each purchase.
I was more of a seller than consumer on eBay but I've been a member since 98. I haven't been thrilled with their recent lack of seller protections and increased seller fees so I haven't bought or sold anything in about a year and a half.

But then again, I can get most of what I need instantly with curbside pickup so there hasn't been as much needed to shop online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies