Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 01:04 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And small two bedroom home in CA often costs a $700,000 to a million dollars, is insanity. The average person living in California cannot afford to buy a home.

The average annual salary in Ca is $68,00 to $88,000. A couple buying a $700,000 single family home in CA, with 20% down, and 3.8% interest rate, will spend $30,000 a year on just mortgage payments alone, add another $3,000 to $4,000 a year for property taxes.

California is broken. The average person who works in cities like San Francisco cannot afford to live there.
We can't forget state income tax. California pays, Florida does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 01:05 PM

17,381 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Laughing at some of the comments by people who think they know everything about California and home prices here. Probably the same people who think the entire state looks like LA. smh
If you want to sink your hard earned dollars into California real estate, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when others take a pass. Newsom is doing your state no favors.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:06 PM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Exactly!

To complete the picture, Gavin is dining indoors with a crowd at one of the most exclusive restaurants in the country while his kids attend in-person school (whereas public schools are mostly distance learning).
I almost feel like, if you don't live in Florida, just shut up about DeSantis (not you Ted!).

Old 01-15-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And what do Californians get for all of their tax money? A bunch of Covid hand wringing, virtue signaling mandates that are largely ignored, unchecked looting, legalized thievery, human excrement in the streets, homeless camping on city sidewalks...

Wow, what a deal. Not.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:13 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
If you want to sink your hard earned dollars into California real estate, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when others take a pass. Newsom is doing your state no favors.
I did that already. Years ago. Bought and sold homes until I reached the age now where I'm likely to stay until they take me out with a tag on my toe. No one is forcing anyone to move here so why all the raging about the state. Stay where you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, if you look it up, people who are considered "middle-income" pay more taxes in Oregon than they do in California. The tax base is adjusted by income level. We don't all pay the same amount.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I did that already. Years ago. Bought and sold homes until I reached the age now where I'm likely to stay until they take me out with a tag on my toe. No one is forcing anyone to move here so why all the raging about the state. Stay where you like.

Actually, if you look it up, people who are considered "middle-income" pay more taxes in Oregon than they do in California. The tax base is adjusted by income level. We don't all pay the same amount.
Newsom is the one slamming Florida's Governor DeSantis. I'm just pointing out that Newsom's policies have not been a good deal for his constituents - at all. Florida, on the other hand, is thriving.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:43 PM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
WOW! California Gov. Newsom SLAMS Florida Gov. DeSantis

Does this mean that Newsom is planning on a vacation to Florida soon? As that seems to be SOP for Liberals. Slam the State and then spend a few days on vacation there.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:49 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
And what do Californians get for all of their tax money? A bunch of Covid hand wringing, virtue signaling mandates that are largely ignored, unchecked looting, legalized thievery, human excrement in the streets, homeless camping on city sidewalks...

Wow, what a deal. Not.
Well, for instance, the best public university system in the country comes to mind.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:57 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Well, for instance, the best public university system in the country comes to mind.
One that is so broke that it costs more to attend a public university than a private one across the country once financial aid comes into play.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:02 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Newsom is the one slamming Florida's Governor DeSantis. I'm just pointing out that Newsom's policies have not been a good deal for his constituents - at all. Florida, on the other hand, is thriving.
It's great that Florida is doing well. That means those living there are doing well and happy. The thing that bothers me is that people who don't live here think we all agree with Newsom and his policies. We don't. But it's home. In my case, I was born here. My children were born here. I have lot of history here. My parents are buried here. So, I may not like a lot of what's happening but it's still my home.

As for Newsom, he's a pompous egotistical who thinks his destiny is to be POTUS. If he thinks that the rest of the country will embrace him as many of his constituents here do, he's in for a big shock. Just like Harris. She thought America loved her, based on how much people in her district of California did. It's a big country and not everyone loves Newsom or her so I say good luck to him when he tries to run for POTUS. I hope voters don't fall for his game. It's about power for him, not what's best for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies