Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 05:15 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
Good question why should we still wear masks if people are vaccinated.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:16 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
sounds like fun
It crone's defense, I believe it was mentioned that he/she is in a high-risk age group.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:18 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The vaccine does not prevent you from getting it. It helps to prevent you from being one of the ones who dies.

Vaccine or no vaccine you can be an asymptomatic carrier and never know it. That means you could pass it on to somebody who is at great risk. Do you want to be that person? Go for it.

I'll stay sequestered. and when I'm out at the grocery , etc, I'll be wearing and N 95, properly.

Masks are completely useless. My friend just tested positive for the virus and he always wear a KN95 mask. He works from home and lives alone and only goes out when he has to buy food. I imagine he must've caught it at the supermarket WHILE he was wearing his KN95 mask. Absolutely useless these masks!

Old 01-14-2022, 05:19 PM

7,361 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It crone's defense, I believe it was mentioned that he/she is in a high-risk age group.
certainly people can do whatever they want. its like the boy in the bubble. didn’t have much of a life in the bubble and ended up dying anyway. i have high risk family members but thankfully omnicron is not as severe and they are vaccinated so you do what you need to do in life because it will end eventually

Old 01-14-2022, 05:26 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
sounds like fun

I’m naturally anti social. It comes from not suffering fools gladly.

Being a kept woman helps. Once the kids were grown I never do anything I don’t want to do. COVID is a blessing in disguise for me. Now even grocery shopping is online.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:27 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
It was never about protection, it's always been about compliance

Old 01-14-2022, 05:30 PM

2,004 posts, read 865,814 times
Quote:
Masks are completely useless. My friend just tested positive for the virus and he always wear a KN95 mask. He works from home and lives alone and only goes out when he has to buy food. I imagine he must've caught it at the supermarket WHILE he was wearing his KN95 mask. Absolutely useless these masks!
Your friend must have been wearing it upside-down. The n95 works.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:36 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, it is required at all indoor public places in NY.
You need to replace your governor. When is the next election?

Old 01-14-2022, 05:38 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I don't get why we still have a mask mandate, especially here in NY...

To protect me? Well, I'm vaccinated and already protected.

To protect others? Well if other people are so worried and scared about me being maskless, why don't they get vaccinated?

So this really all boils down to the people who don't want to get vaccinated. I get it, your body, your choice. So why isn't it my choice now to not wear a mask now that I'm vaccinated? Why is this only a choice to the unvaccinated?
Why don't you ask your government officials?

The unvaccinated don't make the rules.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:39 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Thanks for the compassion. It is rare here.

at 82, had heart attack at 52, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pre diabetic. DH had a stroke while on a ladder taking plywood off the windows due to hurricane. He broke a bunch of bones. Also had a very aggressive prostate cancer. ok so far. It’s my job to take care of us. Not anybody else’s.

And grandson found the perfect girl when he was 15. They married last summer. She’s in grad school and teaches microbiology. I want to see great grandkids. If that means staying home, I’m in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies