Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 06:47 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,048,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Like I said it's call TDS and your standards are not that high. There not even average. Just bad.
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 08:52 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,295,228 times
Quote:
What, do you want a signed confession by the DNC and Hillary? These are public records that you can search and you keep asking me the same questions when I already provided the facts.

I already put the links why she didn't run for re-election for her seat. The DNC and Hawaii Democratic party were backing her challenger for her seat and backing Hawaii state Sen. Kai Kahele (Hillary pick). She was being outraised by him with the backing of her party.

See, Hawaii is the few states that allows her to run for the house and President at the same time. She didn't have to quit her seat to run for President. That is a myth that you repeat. She knew the party was against her and she was being outspent by her challenger in the party and she was forced out and decided not to run.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...use-challenge/

When your party at the state level backs your challenger to take your seat and the DNC at the National level calls you a Russian asset and prohibits you in speaking at the DNC convention when you won delegates and Hillary and Kamala are behind it, it means they are forcing you out. Don't ask me any more questions. You are very stubborn.
I think it’s fair to say that Tulsi has become somewhat of a black sheep in the Democrat party. Much of this is her own doing by the way. She likes to denigrate people in her own party and burn bridges. Still, I’ve seen no evidence that she is leaving the party and based on her political views it would frankly make little sense to do so.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:59 PM

13,374 posts, read 4,162,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I think it’s fair to say that Tulsi has become somewhat of a black sheep in the Democrat party. Much of this is her own doing by the way. She likes to denigrate people in her own party and burn bridges. Still, I’ve seen no evidence that she is leaving the party and based on her political views it would frankly make little sense to do so.
Her own doing? Yeah, taking on Hillary and Biden war monger policies and their corruption and calling out Kamala on t.v. which has her own skeletons as a DA will make you a black sheep of the party. You can't go at Hillary and expect to survive in the party. She blames Sanders for her loss in 2016 and Tulsi endorsed him and campaigned for him in 2016. You think Hillary will forgive that?

It's funny how you democrats easily call out Trump and the GOP when defending Liz Cheney but refuse to see how the Democrats treat their own for calling out the party establishment and Hillary and Kamala. Democrats are worse.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Her own doing? Yeah, taking on Hillary and Biden war monger policies and their corruption and calling out Kamala on t.v. which has her own skeletons as a DA will make you a black sheep of the party. You can't go at Hillary and expect to survive in the party. She blames Sanders for her loss in 2016 and Tulsi endorsed him and campaigned for him in 2016. You think Hillary will forgive that?

It's funny how you democrats easily call out Trump and the GOP when defending Liz Cheney but refuse to see how the Democrats treat their own for calling out the party establishment and Hillary and Kamala. Democrats are worse.
I’m not even sure who you’re arguing here? You’re the only one who keeps bringing up Hillary Clinton and in a way to suggest that she is still behind the scenes making decisions for the entire Democrat party. This narrative is beyond silly. I mean at one point Obama took an adversarial position against her and everything seemed to work out ok for him did it not?

Tulsi Gabbard’s problem isn’t that she butted heads with Hillary Clinton. It’s that she insists on butting heads with everyone. Maybe that approach resonates with Republican voters but for Democrats it isn’t a good look. She got hardly any support in the 2020 primaries in a campaign that dragged on for a good couple months longer than it should have. I personally have no ill will for her. I just don’t think she’s that good of a politician. Her personality seems to lend more to the media/podcasting space.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I’m not even sure who you’re arguing here? You’re the only one who keeps bringing up Hillary Clinton and in a way to suggest that she is still behind the scenes making decisions for the entire Democrat party. This narrative is beyond silly. I mean at one point Obama took an adversarial position against her and everything seemed to work out ok for him did it not?

Tulsi Gabbard’s problem isn’t that she butted heads with Hillary Clinton. It’s that she insists on butting heads with everyone. Maybe that approach resonates with Republican voters but for Democrats it isn’t a good look. She got hardly any support in the 2020 primaries in a campaign that dragged on for a good couple months longer than it should have. I personally have no ill will for her. I just don’t think she’s that good of a politician. Her personality seems to lend more to the media/podcasting space.

Am I arguing? I thought I was making good debate with facts that keeps going over your head. Hillary before 2016 and after 2016 was big in her party. She controlled the DNC for years (record donations). She has been running for President since 2006 (and planning before that ) If you think that is silly, that's o.k. You are a Democrat.

You bring Obama. Let me educate you again about your own party. They fought a hard primary in 2008 that Obama won 48.1% of the votes to Hillary 48%. They made a deal to get her endorsement. Obama would name her Secretary of State if he won and clear the path for her for the party nomination in 2016 when he couldn't run again. Obama told his VP Biden to sit down over Hillary. It's call politics. Hillary had leverage to make Obama concede her demands when they don't like each other. Obama wasn't making her his VP. He doesn't want to deal with her everyday next to him.

You say Tulsi butted heads with "everyone" who is everyone? She went after Hillary Clinton, Biden and Kamala, the brass of her party. If you think that is "everyone" in the party, I understand why you turn a blind eye to your party.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 01-16-2022 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Am I arguing? I thought I was making arguments with facts that keeps going over your head. Hillary before 2016 and after 2016 was big in her party. She controlled the DNC for years. She has been running for President since 2006 (and planning before that ) If you think that silly, that's o.k. You are a Democrat.

You bring Obama. Let educate you again. They fought a hard primary in 2008 that Obama won 48.1% of the votes to Hillary 48%. They made a deal to get her endorsement. Obama would name her Secretary of State and clear the path for her for the party nomination in 2016. Obama told his VP Biden to sit down over Hillary. It's call politics. Hillary had leverage to make Obama concede her demands when they don't like each other. Obama wasn't making her his VP. He doesn't want to deal with her everyday next to him.

You say Tulsi butted heads with "everyone" who is everyone? She went after Hillary Clinton, Biden and Kamala, the brass of her party. If you think that is "everyone" in the party, I understand why you turn a blind eye to your party.
From the little bit I’ve read on her she pissed off several local Hawaii politicians which seems to have led to what would have been a contested primary in the 2020 House election.

She butted heads multiple times with Debbie Wasserman Schultz in 2015-2016.

She butted heads with Obama throughout his presidency.

More recently she butted heads with Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff, including accusing Schiff of being a “domestic terrorist.”

Do you want me to go on?

Old 01-16-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
She butted heads multiple times with Debbie Wasserman Schultz in 2015-2016.
Because Debbie is a Hillary hack that tilted the DNC rules and debates for Hillary in corrupt ways. I'm not a Democrat and I know more about your party than you.

Quote:
She butted heads with Obama throughout his presidency.

Obama ran in 2008 to end the endless wars under Bush/Cheney not to extend the wars to 7. She is a war veteran that held the President accountable on wars and Obama promised after her endorsement for President twice. Even Bernie Sanders was calling out Obama and Hillary reckless foreign policy.

Is that what you call "butting heads" in a bad way? She is calling out the b.s. in her party, that's her job.

Quote:
More recently she butted heads with Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff, including accusing Schiff of being a “domestic terrorist.”
Yes, she went after Schiff and Brennan for a long list of constitutional violations of massive illegal spying in the history of the U.S. and lying under oath in Congress and siding with big tech to silence free speech and taking big donations from big tech.

Again, that is what Democrats used to fight for against, unchecked power and big money in politics. My question to you is, why Tulsi is being treated as a disease in her party when she has strong valid Democratic points and her job is to challenge power in her party?

Quote:
Do you want me to go on?

Continue.....you set it up and I will knock it out of the park one by one. Everything that Tulsi fights her party brass is about what Democrats used to stand for before, corruption and unchecked power.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 01-16-2022 at 10:29 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 10:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,022,642 times
Biden won't make it another month. He will be forced to resign after his next attempt at a "Press Conference". Can't prop up the dementia anymore.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Because Debbie is a Hillary hack that tilted the DNC rules and debates for Hillary in corrupt ways. I'm not a Democrat and I know more about your party than you.

Obama ran in 2008 to end the endless wars under Bush/Cheney not to extend the wars to 7. She is a war veteran that held the President accountable on wars and Obama promised after her endorsement for President twice. Even Bernie Sanders was calling out Obama and Hillary reckless foreign policy.

Is that what you call "butting heads" in a bad way? She is calling out the b.s. in her party, that's her job.

Yes, she went after Schiff and Brennan for a long list of constitutional violations of massive illegal spying in the history of the U.S. and lying under oath in Congress and siding with big tech to silence free speech and taking big donations from big tech.

Again, that is what Democrats used to fight for against, unchecked power and big money in politics. My question to you is, why Tulsi is being treated as a disease in her party when she has strong valid Democratic points and her job is to challenge power in her party?

Continue.....you set it up and I will knock it out of the park one by one. Everything that Tulsi fights her party brass is about what Democrats used to stand for before, corruption and unchecked power.
We aren’t discussing whether or not she made a good point. What I’m saying and what you are essentially agreeing with is that she has a historical tendency to be a rabble rouser who burned down bridge after bridge with her own party at her own doing. She could have gone about things in a much more diplomatic way and politically would be in a much favorable position now.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:54 PM

Quote:
We aren’t discussing whether or not she made a good point. What I’m saying and what you are essentially agreeing with is that she has a historical tendency to be a rabble rouser who burned down bridge after bridge with her own party at her own doing. She could have gone about things in a much more diplomatic way and politically would be in a much favorable position now.
That's your view of her. My view is she challenged her party and didn't lay down over corruption and going against the democratic principles of protecting the small guy and veterans.

Tell me how to deal with Hillary and her hacks at the DNC in 2016 when they were rigging the primary for Hillary How? staying quiet and playing along. You guys are good going after Trump and the GOP but crickets when its about your own party.

She is a war veteran from the Iraq war. There was one time the Democrat party was against that and endless wars but for some strange reason you let people like Hillary take control of the party to pass bad foreign policy and take big money in and rigged the primary in the party but Tulsi is the bad one for not sucking up to Hillary for a position in her administration? Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 01-17-2022 at 12:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies