Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 06:42 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
By specifically not calling them out as different, either by direct reference or subsequent judicial rulings.
Once again, well have to agree to disagree about them being the same. Still dont see where the Constitution says that they are the same.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:46 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why should the democrats get a special club made?
They shouldn't, and the people of that community should shut that one down by any means necessary.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:49 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Sounds like the point they want to make is that they think that being religious and being a satanist is the same thing.
"Sounds like", you know NOTHING about them!

Old 01-15-2022, 06:52 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Just another good example of keeping religion out of the public schools let each family choose whatever flavor is right for them.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Nothing should surprise anyone these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/school-sa...161730672.html
So what is up with the name. Satanic Temple? Are they trying to make Satan a good guy? Hardly. Of course today the lefties see good as bad and bad as good. A sign we are in the last days.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sounds like", you know NOTHING about them!
Ok, and you think you do.

Old 01-15-2022, 06:57 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Once again, well have to agree to disagree about them being the same. Still dont see where the Constitution says that they are the same.
I understand your point, but the Constitution also does not include a list of approved religions - precisely because doing so would violate the basic premise of freedom of religion. Satanism meets the widely accepted definition of a religion. I don't like it and I don't like the fact the an elementary school is hosting such a club, but I think banning Satanists but allowing Christian groups clearly violates the Constitution. Frankly, religious clubs of any sort shouldn't be sponsored by government institutions.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:00 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
It is who is teaching those things. A pedophile or a murderer could also teach those things but I dont think anyone would want them teaching those things to their children.
My guess is that the kids are not being taught these things by republicans.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I understand your point, but the Constitution also does not include a list of approved religions - precisely because doing so would violate the basic premise of freedom of religion. Satanism meets the widely accepted definition of a religion. I don't like it and I don't like the fact the an elementary school is hosting such a club, but I think banning Satanists but allowing Christian groups clearly violates the Constitution. Frankly, religious clubs of any sort shouldn't be sponsored by government institutions.
To take it to the extreme, should we allow a religion at a school that promotes but does not conduct baby sacrifices?

Old 01-15-2022, 07:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Explain what you are complaining about.

"The Satanic Temple does not believe in Satan, according to its website, nor will it attempt to convert children to Satanism.

Instead, the club will teach children about benevolence and empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, creative expression and personal sovereignty, according to a widely-circulated flyer shared on social media."

What do you NOT like?

I don't think you really know much about this org!

"The Satanic Temple, Not to be confused with Church of Satan

"The group uses Satanic imagery to promote egalitarianism, social justice, and the separation of church and state, supporting their mission "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people".

"The Satanic Temple has utilized satire, theatrical ploys, humor, and legal action in their public campaigns to "generate attention and prompt people to reevaluate fears and perceptions", and to "highlight religious hypocrisy and encroachment on religious freedom"

Typically some public schools teach little boys how to put on condemns, and you never complained.

MANY school kids, from elementary to high school were FORECD to watch algore's phony "global warming" movie, and you NEVER complained.

1 elementary school FORCED is kids to sing a song praising obama and you NEVER complained

I'd bet I could a LOT of things these schools "forced" the kids to do and you would NEVER complain.

BUT NOW, this!!!!!!!!
lol Any group who uses the symbols they are using is trolling or doesn't understand branding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies