Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 09:08 AM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So, who pays when your hit my car with yours and you don't have insurance because "tyranny", and are judgement proof in court because you have no assets? That means I have to pay for your idiocy.
It happens often with the illegal aliens driving on the roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 09:11 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
They know you get more of what you subsidize and less of what you tax. You can tell exactly how government manipulates things toward their desired end by what they subsidize and what they tax.

This is a defacto tax. Make gun ownership more expensive and you will get less of it.

Just like pay millions to sit home poor and you will get millions more poor to control. Give workers years of unemployment and you will get unemployment.

It is sinful what the government does today. Anybody who trusts government has a screw loose.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:24 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Insurance companies are privately owned, for profit companies...the Govt FORCING people to carry it, greatly benefits this industry.

I could understand the Govt recommending coverage, but FORCING IT, nah, that conflicts with the American way.
Some are, some are not.

Most of the high risk drivers, even if they have a policy from "all state" it may really just be them servicing it and the state govt. is backing them.

Car insurance is EXTREMELY low margin business. Every $100 you pay the profit is like $1-$2.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:26 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It happens often with the illegal aliens driving on the roads.
Yeah, ironically it's states that make all kinds of goofy laws around car insurance and creating lucrative suing environments that wind up making it really expensive.

When that happens more and more people start to not carry insurance and then there are a number of illegals that don't either.

It's 20% uninsured in some states, others it's super low.

Surprised that they haven't called that racist and started a free government car insurance program for illegals.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:35 AM

13,940 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
First, I've probably forgotten more about firearms and firearm safety than you ever knew. I used to shoot 10,000 rounds or more a year of .308 and .223, and 10,000 rounds of .22. I was never much of a pistol guy, but as Quigley said, that doesn't mean I don't know how to use them. I've been an RSO and have taught firearms safety to groups from Boy Scouts to the elderly.
If any of that is true, then you wouldn't ever type a sentence like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20
Me practicing shooting in my back yard is not an initiation of force, it's just me practicing. Oops, that round went a little high and hit your house.
If you know so much about firearm safety...you may want to walk back the above casual "oops" thing.
Quote:
Second, your claim that mandatory insurance is tyranny is ludicrous on its face, and is utterly meritless. Each of us is responsible for ensuring that our actions do not harm others, and that we can make others whole if we damage them. Unfortunately, we have to force people to do that via mandatory insurance.
And anyone and everyone can be responsible without Leviathan using their monopoly on force and violence to compel our responsible behavior. The government mandating the purchase of any private good/service is tyranny.

We clearly will never budge on our point, therefore, agree to disagree.

But seriously, if you are such a godmode firearm person, you may want to rethink typing such casual nonsense about firearm safety. That's just a personal recommendation, so you do you.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:52 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Car insurance laws are tyranny? It seems to me that the arguments for requiring owner to insure motor vehicles would apply also to a firearm, or indeed any product that becomes deadly if aimed improperly.
Guns are a right......motor vehicles are not.

Would it be tyranny to require insurance to vote just in case your vote put someone in power who caused deaths of hundreds that others see as bad? After all, voting and guns are in the same boat, they are rights.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:19 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Guns are a right......motor vehicles are not.

Would it be tyranny to require insurance to vote just in case your vote put someone in power who caused deaths of hundreds that others see as bad? After all, voting and guns are in the same boat, they are rights.
Awesome!!!

Old 01-18-2022, 04:40 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If any of that is true, then you wouldn't ever type a sentence like:

If you know so much about firearm safety...you may want to walk back the above casual "oops" thing.

And anyone and everyone can be responsible without Leviathan using their monopoly on force and violence to compel our responsible behavior. The government mandating the purchase of any private good/service is tyranny.

We clearly will never budge on our point, therefore, agree to disagree.

But seriously, if you are such a godmode firearm person, you may want to rethink typing such casual nonsense about firearm safety. That's just a personal recommendation, so you do you.
I am not suggesting that anyone start shooting firearms in their backyard. It was my ludicrous example of why your rant on how making drivers have insurance is tyranny was ludicrous. You can't argue that I have to protect myself from your idiocy while driving, and then say that protecting yourself from me shooting in my back yard is different. It's not. It's up to the person performing the activity to cover themselves with liability insurance that compensates someone else when the inevitable accident happens.

For cars, I would suggest that anyone caught driving without insurance have their car impounded. If you have an accident with out insurance, your car should be crushed.

As for illegal aliens without insurance, let them get a drivers license, then most of them would buy insurance, if the surveys I've seen over the years are accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies