Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 01:21 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,459,011 times

Advertisements

I know people are living longer now,but I dont understand why people in their late 70s want to run for office,that White House job is very stressful and demanding.
what do they get out of it?It cant be the money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 01:23 PM

25,663 posts, read 12,757,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I believe Americans were lied to. I think they thought Biden was "moderate" and basically not a lot would change but for covid.

Biden however has turned out to be 1. Crazy, 2. A bully and 3. Ultra progressive.

Biden didn't even handle covid.

If you are right, that means the Dems were lied to TWICE, when you include these Obamacare lies...

"You can keep your doctors"...nope

"You can keep the healthcare insurance that 85% of you are happy with"...nope

"Everybody will have coverage"...nope, 31,100,000 of 9.6% still have no coverage.

"It will save money, & be more affordable"...nope, even with gov't subsidies, the poor can't afford it.

Then ole Uncle Joe Biden, the moderate comes along...

"I can do better than Trump on covid"...nope, more have died by Nov 15th '21 than ALL of 2020

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ass-2020-total

"I'll bring us all together"...nope, Americans are more divided than ever:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/new...ntial-politics

"Nobody who makes <$400/yr will get a tax increase"....nope:

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/5918848001/

Old 01-17-2022, 02:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,337,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Zero policy?
What exactly are they running on? What is their message to help the avg working class American trying to make ends meet? All I hear is CRT.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:30 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,919,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I know people are living longer now,but I dont understand why people in their late 70s want to run for office,that White House job is very stressful and demanding.
what do they get out of it?It cant be the money?
Different people have different motivations. For Trump it's all about power. Always has been always will be. He has no political affiliation nor set of core beliefs, this is the guy that jumped from Democrat to Republican back in 2009 just because he knew he could easily hijack the GOP.

People like Biden and Bernie still have this naive faith in America they believe they are doing their "civic duty", but lets face it folks they are whistling past the graveyard.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:40 PM

18,424 posts, read 8,252,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
People like Biden and Bernie still have this naive faith in America they believe they are doing their "civic duty".
oh jesus

Old 01-17-2022, 03:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,701,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I am not saying anyone should want to be a Republican, but I sure as heck am saying no one should want to be a Democrat today.

Today's Democrats are not 1980's and 1990's Democrats.

Signed, a former Democrat.
This is exactly right. My whole family is Democrats and they're still drunk on the kool aid. But a couple are just done with it and I'm trying to show the rest the matrix but the conversation always ends up with them flipping out over TDS.

My pitch is you don't have to become Republican, but you sure as hell can NOT vote for the Marxist enabling lunatic Democrat party. If you vote them all out they they'll eventually HAVE to come back to sanity

Old 01-17-2022, 04:08 PM

23,957 posts, read 15,056,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is exactly right. My whole family is Democrats and they're still drunk on the kool aid. But a couple are just done with it and I'm trying to show the rest the matrix but the conversation always ends up with them flipping out over TDS.

My pitch is you don't have to become Republican, but you sure as hell can NOT vote for the Marxist enabling lunatic Democrat party. If you vote them all out they they'll eventually HAVE to come back to sanity
Those of us who have not had any Trump kool aid know whatever the lefts pass in the house will never get out of the senate. If I have to pick between Trump and Biden, IDK what I'll do. Not vote in the race or hold my nose and vote D.

Half of us love trump and half of us don't. If the Rs want to get the independent vote they will select somebody besides trump.

Axios says the 18-39 y o are voting and they vote D.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:17 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
What exactly are they running on? What is their message to help the avg working class American trying to make ends meet? All I hear is CRT.
https://political-economy.com/reason...te-republican/

Old 01-17-2022, 04:32 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,279,282 times
Quote:
Different people have different motivations. For Trump it's all about power. Always has been always will be. He has no political affiliation nor set of core beliefs, this is the guy that jumped from Democrat to Republican back in 2009 just because he knew he could easily hijack the GOP.

People like Biden and Bernie still have this naive faith in America they believe they are doing their "civic duty", but lets face it folks they are whistling past the graveyard.

More TDS. Both parties are in the game for POWER. Trump was a Republican since Reagan and donated as a private citizen to Democrats in New York to get his permits to run his business. Again, he was private citizen. The only time he held office, he ran it pretty close to conservative from taxes, cutting Obama regulations, putting conservative judges in the bench and rolling back the Bush/Cheney expensive neo con foreign policy of endless wars and endless occupations but you say that's not principles?

Reagan was a Democrat as a private citizen but when he held office, he ran it as close to a conservative compared to the other Democrat options. Was he a fake too that only wanted power? or that only applies to Republicans?

Quote:
People like Biden and Bernie still have this naive faith in America they believe they are doing their "civic duty", but lets face it folks they are whistling past the graveyard
You take comedy too far. 2 mummies that have been in government for decades getting rich with bad policies after bad policies but they do it because of their "civic duty" and noble heart . Stop it with the bad comedy.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:33 PM

1,517 posts, read 540,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
For those of you who believe in polls/surveys, I thought you'd enjoy this one. It is a "high-confidence" level poll since its +/- is 1% & they polled 12,000 Americans:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...blican-in-2021

Q1 40R 49D

Q2 43R 46D

Q4 44R 43D

Q4 47R 42D

'22 46R 44D

Biden's handlers, & the DNC (Jaime Harrison, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Gretchen Whitmer, Tammy Duckworth) are failing, & we may be seeing the end of the radical leftist's experiment.

DNC leaders who are failing:

https://democrats.org/who-we-are/leadership-2-2/

Independents are leaving the Dems in droves. Just 27% now like Dems:

https://nypost.com/2021/12/27/gop-le...2022-midterms/

Now that the R's have the upper hand it's time to abolish the electoral college and implement pure democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies