Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 05:42 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times

Advertisements

Don’t have much confidence in prosecuting the lowlife scumbag if he is caught, not with our ultra progressive D.A.. Luckily the L.A. county sheriff, whose office was in charge of investigating the murder of an off-duty LAPD officer during a robbery, sent the case to the Feds to prosecute.

Quote:
Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Thursday night he directed detectives to take the case to the U.S. Attorney's Office because of his opposition to District Attorney George Gascon's decision to no longer pursue sentencing enhancements in gang cases.

Those enhancements in a murder case can mean the difference between a life term with the possibility of parole and never being released from prison.

Villanueva said a murder prosecution "with no gun enhancements, no gang enhancements, nothing ... really did not cover the depravity of this crime. It should be noted that the California penal code does cover all these things. The tools are there but we need to have someone who's willing to use them."

LAPD Chief Michel Moore said he was “grateful for the federal involvement in this case. It is appropriate. I am thankful for the U.S. Attorney stepping in and bringing the full weight of the government against this gang, against these individuals.”
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...r/2797857/?amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 05:45 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Some lady was just killed as well. 70 year old nurse hit by a homeless person.
I think they made an arrest in this case. She was waiting at a bus stop when the man walked up to her and hit and punched her causing her to fall on her head.

LA is scary.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:48 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,480,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Yeah...Nice....No Law, no peace.

What are the Business leaders doing about this???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRfE...OX11LosAngeles
What exactly do you think the business leaders are supposed to do about this? Close down shop in LA and move to a more business friendly and safe area?

Maybe it's time to ask what the Democrat liberal politicians are doing about this....other than ignoring that there is a HUGE problem and deflecting blame elsewhere?

Old 01-17-2022, 05:59 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Don’t have much confidence in prosecuting the lowlife scumbag if he is caught, not with our ultra progressive D.A.. Luckily the L.A. county sheriff, whose office was in charge of investigating the murder of an off-duty LAPD officer during a robbery, sent the case to the Feds to prosecute.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...r/2797857/?amp

You mean This Clown ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm7q..._channel=NBCLA

Old 01-17-2022, 06:02 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
What exactly do you think the business leaders are supposed to do about this? Close down shop in LA and move to a more business friendly and safe area?

Maybe it's time to ask what the Democrat liberal politicians are doing about this....other than ignoring that there is a HUGE problem and deflecting blame elsewhere?
Money Talks....and if BUSINESS got together and protested this in a public forum and STREET PROTEST with their employees (pay them)...this would be changed.

BUT THEN again...this is CALIFORNIA (its almost a foreign country now)

Old 01-17-2022, 06:23 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Quote:
Why do they think he was homeless... ???

DAYUM media...always saying 'Homeless' people are committing Crime.

A homeless person doesn't walk into a Retail Store and Stab someone to death for no reason.

There was no-cash taken

There was no merchandise taken...

Why are they labeled HOMELESS ???

The same reason they were labeling all the smash and grabbers "youth". I assume you would like the news media to go back to the old ways of telling you the race of the perpetrator??? Only if they are white.... Only if they are white. I really don't care either way. I have two eyes. But the way the media operates today sure does raise a lot of eye brows. The ultimate in cringe stupidity is when they blur out the arms and legs of the perpetrator, so you can't know the race (ya right). What are we, children?

Ironically, the way the media operates is actually drawing more attention to the race of the perpetrators, not less.

Old 01-17-2022, 06:45 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
A pretty white girl got culturely enriched, everybody cried their eyes out.

A black shot in death in Chicago, everybody chalk that off as just another day.
Generally speaking, innocent victims working and minding their own business get a lot of sympathy and there are a number of recent news stories about black gals etc. getting shot or whatnot at work.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:53 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Yes, that’s the bozo.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:14 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Money Talks....and if BUSINESS got together and protested this in a public forum and STREET PROTEST with their employees (pay them)...this would be changed.

BUT THEN again...this is CALIFORNIA (its almost a foreign country now)

Well, up where I am there's Chesa Boudin as DA of SF. I generally consider myself left, although by bay area standards I'm more conservative. Boudin or Gascon would be much more concerned that the perp be treated fairly and given second and third and fourth chances at restorative justice. The great tragedy isn't the murder but that the murderer through circumstances outside their control became the victim and had to murder some shopkeep. It's what Californians want, crazy bastards.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:34 AM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, up where I am there's Chesa Boudin as DA of SF. I generally consider myself left, although by bay area standards I'm more conservative. Boudin or Gascon would be much more concerned that the perp be treated fairly and given second and third and fourth chances at restorative justice. The great tragedy isn't the murder but that the murderer through circumstances outside their control became the victim and had to murder some shopkeep. It's what Californians want, crazy bastards.
That's what you get when you vote Left. You should know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies