Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 12:27 AM

13,644 posts, read 9,698,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I will continue to wear a mask. You do what you want to do.
I can only do, what local laws or my workplace-rules allow me to do. It isn't a matter of personal choice, but of keeping one's job, or not getting fined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, so far, no attempt to address the OP.
Unfortunately your insight is only too keen. In our locale, the powers-that-be are now insisting that we wear N95 masks, regular surgical masks being deemed to be no longer sufficient. There I was, a dutiful and ambiable little soldier, sitting at my desk, wearing a surgical mask... and along comes sharp invective, that my mask is insufficient. Now mandatory compliance means a N95.

Great....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 01:17 AM

117 posts, read 39,142 times
Branch Maskidians Funny. I like it.

By the way, the temperature in a worn mask will be the perfect temperature for bacteria to colonise. They just simply aren't meant to be worn for long periods.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:01 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
So you've been a proponent of cloth masks since day one. You wouldn't be caught dead without one... even though there is forty plus years of studies declaring them useless at best. On the other hand, there IS a mask that is scientifically shown to be effective at blocking viruses (if worn properly). It's called the "N95."

Yet, most maskophiles don't really push for N95 masks all that much, even though they are now readily available. Why is that?

You can answer the question, but let me also give my opinion: the reason effective N95 masks are not pushed as hard as useless cloth masks by Branch Maskidians is because the N95 mask is a PERSONSAL protection device. It does absolutely NOTHING for anyone else besides the wearer. It filters incoming viruses and allows unfiltered air out. On the other hand, cloth masks do nothing at all as far as viruses, but the PERCEPTION and narrative is that cloth masks protect everyone around the wearer rather than the wearer.

Bottom line is that personal protection (the N95) is unacceptable for todays collectivist. One cannot shame someone who is not wearing an N95 mask because in not doing so, they are only risking themselves. collectivists cannot handle that. They want to be able to point to someone else for all their problems.

Personally, I'm not wearing any of them. A 0.14% chance of dying is perfectly acceptable to me since there are many other diseases that pose a greater risk every day of my life.
Why doesn't Joe Biden wear a N95 mask?
Why doesn't Fauci wear a N95 mask?

Old 01-19-2022, 05:06 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
i where a mask simply not to spray on people when i cough
I just do what I did before COVID and cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze. You see, I have the ability to know that I’m about to do either of them and I can take action then. I don’t have to walk around with a sneeze guard strapped to my face. I’m sorry that you apparently don’t have that same predictive ability. If you work on it, you can learn it, though. Pay attention to your body. It’ll tell you when one is coming.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:10 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyinFlorida View Post
Branch Maskidians Funny. I like it.

By the way, the temperature in a worn mask will be the perfect temperature for bacteria to colonise. They just simply aren't meant to be worn for long periods.
Yes but let's not "follow the science" while we are "following the science".

Old 01-19-2022, 06:19 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
It seems like the talk of measures to stop covid still rage, masking and all the other
show-items. That little step, learning to live with it, will probably not include ditching masks
and entering true normalcy.

Mandate N100-respirators........for JUST 2-weeks of course, to bend the curve.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:22 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
i where a mask simply not to spray on people when i cough, never though it had fine enough mesh to stop micron sized anything, and for that matter i suggest you duct tape 95 mask in-place, just for good measure

Do you often cough uncontrollably on people?

Old 01-19-2022, 06:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
the N95 mask is a PERSONSAL protection device. It does absolutely NOTHING for anyone else besides the wearer. It filters incoming viruses and allows unfiltered air out
This is true only for the construction masks with the valve like the 3M N95's and P95's. N95 masks without a valve both filter in and filter out

Old 01-19-2022, 06:24 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
My nose is warmer in a N95 than a surgical, and definitely warmer than a cloth made by the Pillow guy.

N95s make my face itch and are about as useless as a cloth mask unless you follow very strict rules regarding their use.

Which pretty much nobody does.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:26 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is true only for the construction masks with the valve like the 3M N95's and P95's. N95 masks without a valve both filter in and filter out
Yep, thread premise wrong from the get go.

Tried to get some N95 at the start of this but order just got back ordered then cancelled and out of stock everywhere else. Cloth mask + filter was just the best thing available. Have N95s now.

Last edited by notnamed; 01-19-2022 at 06:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies