Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2022, 05:34 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If they bomb all our major cities, won't we be better off?
That would be my choice if i had to die before my time is a nuke war duke or a meteor from space. At least everyone will go with me and i won't miss anything.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This whole confrontation with Russia and Ukraine has had me thinking. Russia and China are very close allies, along with their additional puppet regimes and one can't help but wonder if they are coordinating things.

What if the Russians attack Ukraine, China attacks Taiwan and the South China Sea disputed areas, and North Korea attacks South Korea at the same time? Even worse what if Iran also attacks the US presence in the Gulf and Israel also? This will not be a conflict that the US with our current weakened military will be able to easily win conventionally. NATO is also weak and mostly dependent on the US as well......
A true world wide nuke war will take out most life and stop the rapid heating of the planet for 4 years. Wished we still had them old 20 megaton nukes from 1981. Nukes are much smaller today.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:57 AM

26,463 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Obama's lasting legacy: overthrowing a democratically elected government in Ukraine that was neutral between Russia and NATO and installing an anti-Russian government, which has destabilized the region and encouraged Russia to be more aggressive to secure their interests inside Ukraine (pipeline and warm water port at Sevastopol).

Thanks Obama (and Biden) for disrespecting democracy!

Now the UK comes out and claims that Russia might try to overthrow the Ukrainian government. Hey, only we and the US can do that sort of thing and since we did it there first it is now off limits!

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...-coup-ukraine/

Old 01-23-2022, 07:43 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I didn't even know that such thing as "Caucasoid people" exists, until I came to the US.
What I mean is, all differences are a spectrum. I'm not identical to my brother, but I'm closer to my brother than I am to your brother. There are a thousand different Christian denominations, but all of them are closer to each other than to Islam. I mentioned Caucasoid because I wanted to narrow the discussion to just Islam and Christianity. Caucasoid does not mean white. Most Caucasians are not white.

The point is, the more similar two people are, the more likely they are to form an alliance against someone less like them. That is just how the world works.

Quote:
There are other examples, where the Christian nations were forging military unions with Islamic states when fighting other Christian nations.
I never said all Christians are always allied with all other Christians. I said that they are "natural allies". Which is a different concept entirely.

Quote:
I think when it comes to the US/Canada relations - it's a clear cut peace.
What I mean is, would the average American want Christian neighbors or Muslim neighbors? Would they prefer neighbors who spoke English or some other language? Would they prefer neighbors who had a similar culture or a foreign culture? Whatever their preference is, they would tend to want to ally with that over the alternative. I don't know why you're fighting me on this.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:27 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What I mean is, all differences are a spectrum. I'm not identical to my brother, but I'm closer to my brother than I am to your brother. There are a thousand different Christian denominations, but all of them are closer to each other than to Islam. I mentioned Caucasoid because I wanted to narrow the discussion to just Islam and Christianity. Caucasoid does not mean white. Most Caucasians are not white.

The point is, the more similar two people are, the more likely they are to form an alliance against someone less like them. That is just how the world works.

I understand what you mean ( I lived long enough in the US to understand how things are seeing from HERE,) and particularly by the people of color, from THEIR angle, but this angle is INCORRECT.
The fact that your average Russian and an Englishman are both White, belong to some "generic Christianity" does NOT make them close back home, in the Old World, not at all.

They still live in two different worlds, have different history/culture and they can't even communicate with each other because of the language difference, for Christ's sake.
Of course hypothetically - speaking they should be closer to each other because of Christianity, but ON PRACTICE a Russian might feel much closer to some Tatar neighbor with whom he grew up side by side on the same street ( and who is a muslim) than to a "Christian Englishman."

Likewise, this whole "Caucasoid group" (which is "mostly not White" according to you,) is yet another strange phenomena.

People are either Europeans ( i.e. they belong to European cultures) or they are not.

Those who are "not white" - they mostly belong to a different culture ( be that Arabs or Hispanics,) so the shade of their skin is unimportant in this case - how "white" or not it is, because they don't belong to European culture, period.

( Now with Russians things are more tricky, because they settled among so many non-European ethnic groups and "russified" ( i.e. Europenized) them, that they go by their own "count" - whom they consider to be "one of their own" and whom - not.)
So no, this whole "Caucasoid group" doesn't make much sense from the Old World's perspective.

An Arab does not have much in common with a Russian or a Frenchman, no matter what shade of skin he has.

But in America they ALL all of a sudden become some mysterious "Caucasoids."

So while I understand what you mean by the formed "alliances," ( and there is some truth to it,) the picture is far more complicated than what you project/imagine.

I can totally see how the White Americans can form a "natural alliance" with the Northern/Central Europeans for example ( but not with other so-called "Caucasoids,") but at the same time I don't see the same "unison" coming from the Russians, even when everyone is "white, Christian, and European."
Yet at the same time, I can see THEIR ( Russian that is) "branches" ( the culture, the spirit,) extending to the same "European roots" - namely same Northern/Central Europe first of all.

And of course, as in case with SOME Russians, who might feel much closer to their muslim street neighbor, some White Americans might feel much closer to some Hispanic Americans or Black Americans, with whom they grew up in the same country, than to Northern Europeans.

It all depends, so your formula, your theory doesn't quite work as "projected."

Quote:
I never said all Christians are always allied with all other Christians. I said that they are "natural allies". Which is a different concept entirely.
When we talk for example about Russians being a natural ally of America ( or the rest of Europe) in the fight against the radical Islam - this totally works.

In fact Russians were always at the front lines of it - historically so.

Quote:
What I mean is, would the average American want Christian neighbors or Muslim neighbors?
Again - WHAT "average American?"

Black? White?

While your average "White bread" would definitely prefer a culturally Christian neighbor in most of cases, I would ponder when it comes to a Black American.

It all depends what his/her inner outlook on the world is.

If he/she is simmering with hatred towards the "Whites" ( or *Caucasoids* lol,) then having a Muslim neighbor is a good thing, because "Christianity is a religion of the White people," while Islam becomes a powerful tool for unification of all non-whites.

I would ponder before giving an answer for Hispanic Americans as well - what would be the most decisive factor in their case - them relating more to the "brown skin color" of the potential muslim neighbor, and identifying with him/her more on this ground, or their culturally-Christian stand would be a more decisive factor in this case.

Quote:
Would they prefer neighbors who spoke English or some other language? Would they prefer neighbors who had a similar culture or a foreign culture? Whatever their preference is, they would tend to want to ally with that over the alternative. I don't know why you're fighting me on this.
Look at everything I wrote in this post.

Last edited by erasure; 01-23-2022 at 11:45 AM..

Old 01-23-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama's lasting legacy: overthrowing a democratically elected government in Ukraine that was neutral between Russia and NATO and installing an anti-Russian government, which has destabilized the region and encouraged Russia to be more aggressive to secure their interests inside Ukraine (pipeline and warm water port at Sevastopol).

Thanks Obama (and Biden) for disrespecting democracy!

Now the UK comes out and claims that Russia might try to overthrow the Ukrainian government. Hey, only we and the US can do that sort of thing and since we did it there first it is now off limits!

https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...-coup-ukraine/

Somebody, somewhere finally starts realizing, what Ukrainians REALLY want Americans to do ( I am referring to the last Tucker Carlson's words.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfyZ618Bks

With other words - the tail is trying to wag the dog.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:56 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If they bomb all our major cities, won't we be better off?
It's what the aliens were doing in Independence Day.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:40 PM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Ukraine just received it second shipment of weapons from Biden.

This is Vietnam and Afghanistan all over again.

Quote:
Washington(CNN) Ukraine has received a second weapons supply shipment from the United States amid the looming threat of a potential Russian invasion.

"The second bird in Kyiv! More than 80 tons of weapons to strengthen Ukraine's defense capabilities from our friends in the USA! And this is not the end," Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said in a tweet Sunday.

The first shipment of security assistance from the US had arrived in Ukraine on Friday. That shipment included "close to 200,000 pounds of lethal aid, including ammunition for the front line defenders of Ukraine," the US Embassy in Kyiv tweeted Friday night.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/23/p...ent/index.html

Biden is going to cause WW3.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

UK keeps on shipping them the weaponry too, in the separate agreement, all on loans conditions of course, that these fools keep on accepting. ( Military instructors as well are sent there.)

Russians of course are not in a hurry to attack ( they keep their line so far that "Ukrainians are brotherly people,") but if the "brotherly people" ( or rather the Nationalist Battalions) will attack the LDNR, it might tip the scales.

The Nationalists are very active on the front line lately, so it's a tense situation there, and that's why Russians are not in a hurry to remove their troops from the area.

Old 01-23-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/23/p...ent/index.html

Biden is going to cause WW3.
It's all in the big book that the end is a few years away ray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies