Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2022, 08:58 PM

5,044 posts, read 4,923,450 times

Advertisements

The US is pushing back hard on Russian mil actions in Ukraine and is committed to direct confrontations with the reckless, nothing-to-lose Russians. It is not wise imho, but I am watching closely how things will play out in the coming week. I predict that Putin might seize Ukraine by swift military actions, leaving the US and allies no time to respond militarily.

Putin has much more respect towards trump than for Biden, which is sad for the Ukrainians who are risking to falling under Russian ruling again in 2022.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/23/polit...ntv/index.html

"If a single additional Russian force goes into Ukraine in an aggressive way, as I said, that would trigger a swift, a severe and a united response from us and from Europe," Blinken told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" on Sunday.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:01 PM

472 posts, read 243,084 times
I saw on the news this weekend that evacuations of Americans have already started in Ukraine.
Yeah, I got a bad feeling about this one...

Old 01-23-2022, 09:06 PM

29,699 posts, read 24,780,162 times
There is a lot of anger bubbling because of Biden, and it has no where to go right now... "Deep state" has to blow off some steam with a good ol foreign war... Same as it ever was.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:07 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
And the Russian's economy collapses. Stupid Putin. Doesn't know what's good for him

Old 01-23-2022, 09:09 PM

29,699 posts, read 24,780,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And the Russian's economy collapses. Stupid Putin. Doesn't know what's good for him

I don't think Putin has to bother invading Ukraine. Just send in those "white helmet" guys and have them tell everyone Putin is gassing a bunch of women and children. Democrats will be jumping up and down like rabid animals demanding Biden send Trumpers and their children off to die in another pointless military quagmire.

The Russian economy has been subdued for a long time. It really has nowhere to go but up. Their economy is probably well prepared for a major long term conflict actually. There's a lot they still make for themselves, and they have a vast abundance of natural resources, oil, etc to draw from. Their food supply would be their achilles heel I believe.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:22 PM

17,703 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats will be jumping up and down like rabid animals demanding Biden send Trumpers and their children off to die in another pointless military quagmire.
Could be...

But there IS a way out.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:25 PM

26,733 posts, read 22,400,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
The US is pushing back hard on Russian mil actions in Ukraine and is committed to direct confrontations with the reckless, nothing-to-lose Russians. It is not wise imho, but I am watching closely how things will play out in the coming week. I predict that Putin might seize Ukraine by swift military actions, leaving the US and allies no time to respond militarily.

Putin has much more respect towards trump than for Biden, which is sad for the Ukrainians who are risking to falling under Russian ruling again in 2022.

"If a single additional Russian force goes into Ukraine in an aggressive way, as I said, that would trigger a swift, a severe and a united response from us and from Europe," Blinken told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" on Sunday.

There was NO RUSSIAN RULING for the last 30 years in Ukraine, since the dissolution of the USSR.
There was ECONOMIC DEPENDENCY on Russia, which didn't go anywhere.

That's why "Ukraine" is collapsing.

Somehow these dunces thought that if they accuse Russia of "corruption" as a source of their "low living standards," the proverbial "West" will deliver them "European living standards," whatever it means.
No one delivered them anything, since they are as corrupt as ever, plus it's way too expensive for the West to support them economically.

But they've lost Russia's economic support in the process as well.

That's what it's all about.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:41 PM

1,794 posts, read 882,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post

Quit watching the chit show that CNN is. You ain’t ever gonna hear one iota of truth their. The US ain’t doing nothing but talk. And Putin ain’t impressed with their weak threat or our demented president.

If the US was serious they’d start sending troops, tanks and big bombs to Ukraine. That sends a message of strength. Everything else is just lip flapping. That’s what happens when you elect a mentally deficient leader.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:45 PM

10,149 posts, read 15,844,193 times
Yes I do think we are in for a real crisis if China and Russia are coordinating with each other, if Russia attacks Ukraine and China attacks Taiwan at the same time. Both countries also have more ambitions, with China wanting to control the entire South China Sea and Russia wanting to rebuild more of the old Soviet Union.

Even worse if North Korea attacks South Korea and Iran attacks US forces in the Persian Gulf and or attacks Israel at the same time. It will be very rough if the US/NATO had to face off against China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran simultaneously. Most of the other NATO militaries are relatively weak except possibly the UK. Japan and South Korea only have moderately strong militaries. Israel does have a very strong military though and Iran MAY not attack until they acquire nuclear weapons of their own. But China, Russia, and North Korea are all already nuclear powers.

And this will be bad for disarmament btw, since Ukraine used to have nukes but gave them up in exchange for Russian promises not to attack them......

Personally I would love to see military action in Mexico against the cartels on the border and securing the border than fighting WW3. If it means allowing Ukraine and Taiwan to fall I'm okay with that, but the problem is we don't know exactly where Xi and Putin's ambitions end and how much they directly threaten American interests.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:53 PM

10,149 posts, read 15,844,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
What I mean is, all differences are a spectrum. I'm not identical to my brother, but I'm closer to my brother than I am to your brother. There are a thousand different Christian denominations, but all of them are closer to each other than to Islam. I mentioned Caucasoid because I wanted to narrow the discussion to just Islam and Christianity. Caucasoid does not mean white. Most Caucasians are not white.

The point is, the more similar two people are, the more likely they are to form an alliance against someone less like them. That is just how the world works.

I never said all Christians are always allied with all other Christians. I said that they are "natural allies". Which is a different concept entirely.

What I mean is, would the average American want Christian neighbors or Muslim neighbors? Would they prefer neighbors who spoke English or some other language? Would they prefer neighbors who had a similar culture or a foreign culture? Whatever their preference is, they would tend to want to ally with that over the alternative. I don't know why you're fighting me on this.
Germany and Japan are very different cultures but they were in alliance with one another in WW2. And today, China and Russia are probably one another's closest allies. China has friendlier relations with Russia than with any Asian nation, and Russia is friendlier with China than any country in Europe that's not in their sphere of influence. The Czech Republic and Poland are Slavic nations and want nothing to do with Russia, and are closer to non Slavic nations like the UK, France and Italy than to Russia.

Bosnian Serbs and Croats are genetically very similar as are Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland. They say even Israelis and Palestinians are closer genetically than one might expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.