Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 10:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
We are talking about Press Conferences. He walked out on a few.

Not talking about interviews on CNN, that he only accepted so he could stage a walkout and throw some more red meat to his base.

Why anyone would take an interview with CNN, Fox, etc. is beyond me. Especially if it's to the "opposition media". Fox will only bait an Dem, and CNN will only bait a Rep. There is no substance to either.
these weren't cnn interviews. seriously, you don't remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdFe-LmFRV8

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...suspended.html

eggplant xoe would NEVER face a hostile member of the press on live tv even once, much less face dozens of them over and over again as trump did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 10:35 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Its weird watching biden continually walk away with his back toward the audience - both there in the room with him and also us watching on TV. Its very strange. he just ups and walks away, thats rude. he refuses questions, doens't even blink nor turn back. the other day i saw a news clip of reporters screaming questions at him while he sits at that desk. He absolutely adamantly refuses to speak a word or even acknowledge the questioners.

there is just something rude in the way he does this. he doesn't even finish a speech, smile or wave or anything. its like he loves not having to take questions. and even smirks.
Should he walk backwards? Maybe side-shuffle? I've never seen a POTUS walk any direction other than "towards the exit". Never really considered it rude to "walk towards the exit" when you're done.

And every presser, not just POTUSs, usually ends in questions being screamed and unanswered. At some point, that's the only way to get done. It's like drinking a beer in Japan, the only way to not get hammered is to leave your beer full. (If you don't know Japanese culture, this analogy may not make sense.)

Old 01-19-2022, 10:43 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think I'll play Buzzword Bingo for this. Let's see:

-"The Unvaccinated"

-"No Joke"

"I mean it"

"Seriously"

-"Grandpop"

-"President Harris"

-"You know, the thing"

-"Where am I?"

-"I was told not to..."

-"...[I, we, my administration] successfully..."

-"Voter suppression"

-"Just wear the mask"

-"The former President"

-"Unity"

-"White Supremacists"

-"Racism"

-"C'mon man"

-"Expodentially"

-"Equity"

-"Here's the deal"

-"Joey Baby!"

-"When I was young....[followed by boring oft-repeated lie]"

-"...my house burned down..."

-"...I used to drive a truck..."

-"...I rode AMTRAK..."

-"...I was marching for civil rights..."

-"...I got arrested..."

-"...my son died. He was a soldier."

-"Insurrection"

Others?
end of quote
take you out behind the gym
dog faced pony soldier
My son Beau
Dead wife
cocaine son the smartest man I know
push up contest

Old 01-19-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Oh my, 4PM EST is late in the day for him. I'm sure he'll be an incoherent mess at that point and the unintelligible speech that Joe Biden supports say is "a stutter" (lol) will be on full display. What an embarrassment to this country.
4PM is the beginning of Sundowners, he should be in rare form..!

Old 01-19-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Biden arguably gets tougher questions than Trump. He just "handles it". Sometimes poorly, sometimes better. But unlike Trump, he doesn't play the weak victim card every time. His base would never allow him to.

If you actually watched some of his interviews, the mainstream press holds his feet to the fire more than your side seems to think.

And as already mentioned, Biden has had more solo pressers than Trump in his first year, so there's that.
You live in fantasy land...

Old 01-19-2022, 10:52 AM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
these weren't cnn interviews. seriously, you don't remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdFe-LmFRV8

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...suspended.html

eggplant xoe would NEVER face a hostile member of the press on live tv even once, much less face dozens of them over and over again as trump did.
I miss Trump. He was right.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:54 AM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Its weird watching biden continually walk away with his back toward the audience - both there in the room with him and also us watching on TV. Its very strange. he just ups and walks away, thats rude. he refuses questions, doens't even blink nor turn back. the other day i saw a news clip of reporters screaming questions at him while he sits at that desk. He absolutely adamantly refuses to speak a word or even acknowledge the questioners.

there is just something rude in the way he does this. he doesn't even finish a speech, smile or wave or anything. its like he loves not having to take questions. and even smirks.
He acts like a little demented tyrant. Well maybe "acts" is not the right word..he "is"

Old 01-19-2022, 11:10 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
It must be very confusing to the old fella. His handlers tell him he’s great. The press tells him he’s great. Jill and Hunter tell him he’s great.

But those pesky polls he hears whispered about in his presence.

Very confusing.

Old 01-19-2022, 11:15 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think I'll play Buzzword Bingo for this. Let's see:

-"The Unvaccinated"

-"No Joke"

"I mean it"

"Seriously"

-"Grandpop"

-"President Harris"

-"You know, the thing"

-"Where am I?"

-"I was told not to..."

-"...[I, we, my administration] successfully..."

-"Voter suppression"

-"Just wear the mask"

-"The former President"

-"Unity"

-"White Supremacists"

-"Racism"

-"C'mon man"

-"Expodentially"

-"Equity"

-"Here's the deal"

-"Joey Baby!"

-"When I was young....[followed by boring oft-repeated lie]"

-"...my house burned down..."

-"...I used to drive a truck..."

-"...I rode AMTRAK..."

-"...I was marching for civil rights..."

-"...I got arrested..."

-"...my son died. He was a soldier."

-"Insurrection"

Others?
"Folks..."

Old 01-19-2022, 11:17 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I miss Trump. He was right.
yep. can you imagine vegetable xoe ever facing anyone from the press even remotely as hostile as jimmy acosta on live TV?

he'd either curl up like a fishing worm or go into full grandpa-screaming-at-the-sky meltdown mode.

instead, his press toadies ask him if chocka-chocka chip is still his favorite ice cream flavor.

in a fair world he'd face questions like these:

Quote:
— Mr. President, why is it harder for people to vote in your home state of Delaware than in the state of Georgia? And why do you support legislation that guts voter ID requirements on the state level when an overwhelming share of Americans supports voter ID?

— More than 2 million people crossed into this country illegally last year, sir. Record numbers of fentanyl have entered the country via the border as well. Fentanyl is now the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 18 and 45. More than COVID-19. More than suicide. Why haven’t you visited the border yet, given the crisis there? And what are you doing specifically to address this crisis?

— Sir, you’ve claimed that adding trillions in new spending via Build Back Better would decrease inflation and the deficit. Can you explain specifically from an economic perspective how that would work?

— Mr. President, 16 major cities set homicide records in 2021. All are run by Democratic mayors. What is your message to mayors and police forces across the country who are experiencing a morale crisis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies