Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 02:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We know the 1/6 committee, and witch hunts like this DA is on, have as their purpose to prevent Trump from winning reelection in 2024.
Bingo…and it’s hilarious how scared they are of him and him being able to run, lol.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:34 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump has no intention of running. He'll keep teasing to keep fools sending him their butter and egg money for him to spend, but he's too far gone mentally, physically, and legally to try to run again, and he knows it.
The dems think he's going to run, and that's why they are doing this. You have to understand democrats, they create their own reality, facts, and the truth be damned. four years of Trump-Russia collusion, hands up don't shoot, Rittenhouse crossed state lines with a rifle, etc.. are enough examples to illustrate that.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Proof to him not running?

Who’s giving him money to run in 2024 while he hasn’t even said he’s running?
Like i said, they manufacture their own reality. In the same post, we see person post that Trump is not running, and also a contradicting statement that people are donating to his campaign. 'Manufactured reality,' for the win.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Like i said, they manufacture their own reality. In the same post, we see person post that Trump is not running, and also a contradicting statement that people are donating to his campaign. 'Manufactured reality,' for the win.
Bingo….their obsession clouds reality.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:50 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So allegedly Trump is telling the bankers that 'property xyz' is worth xx, while allegedly telling the IRS that 'property abc' is only worth x. IF the figures are close to true then how is it tax fraud?
I'm not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Trump is not "telling the bankers that 'property xyz' is worth xx, while allegedly telling the IRS that 'property abc' is only worth x." He is telling the bankers that 'property xyz' is worth xx even though a recent appraisal had that that same 'property xyz' as worth x. And no, one of the figures cannot be close to true because one of the figures is multiple times the amount of the other figure.

Then he is turning around and telling the IRS that 'property abc' is worth x even though a recent appraisal said it was worth xx. One of those figures cannot be true because one of the figures is multiple times the amount of the other figure.

IOW, he is arbitrarily raising and lowering the values of certain properties to conveniently either tell bankers something is worth more than it really is, or to conveniently tell the taxman it is worth less than it really is.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Trump is not "telling the bankers that 'property xyz' is worth xx, while allegedly telling the IRS that 'property abc' is only worth x." He is telling the bankers that 'property xyz' is worth xx even though a recent appraisal had that that same 'property xyz' as worth x. And no, one of the figures cannot be close to true because one of the figures is multiple times the amount of the other figure.

Then he is turning around and telling the IRS that 'property abc' is worth x even though a recent appraisal said it was worth xx. One of those figures cannot be true because one of the figures is multiple times the amount of the other figure.

IOW, he is arbitrarily raising and lowering the values of certain properties to conveniently either tell bankers something is worth more than it really is, or to conveniently tell the taxman it is worth less than it really is.
Why is it so difficult to understand that a property owner will tell investors that their property is going to be worth more? If I'm trying to sell my car, and I think it's worth more than an arbitrary Kelly blue Book quote, am i a crook?

By the same note, if my home's value was assessed and taxed by the government for a specific amount, I'm not going to argue with them that I think it's worth more, does that make me a crook?

Old 01-20-2022, 03:08 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Why is it so difficult to understand that a property owner will tell investors that their property is going to be worth more? If I'm trying to sell my car, and I think it's worth more than an arbitrary Kelly blue Book quote, am i a crook?

By the same note, if my home's value was assessed and taxed by the government for a specific amount, I'm not going to argue with them that I think it's worth more, does that make me a crook?
Umm. Yeah… a tax cheat atleast.

And pretty sure when you apply for mortgages you agree to be truthful in your financial and valuation disclosures and lying is a federal crime.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:11 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Trump was not selling properties, he was inflating their value to bankers to get favorable terms from them. Yes, that is illegal.

Quote:
Actually, yes. If you tell the government your house has 2 bedrooms and thus is only worth X, but it really has 4 bedrooms and is worth more like XX, then you are stealing. That's basically what Trump was doing, according to the NY AG.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:14 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Proof to him not running?

Who’s giving him money to run in 2024 while he hasn’t even said he’s running?
He has not declared as a candidate. As long as he doesn't file for office, all of the donations are his to do with as he sees fit.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=79194850

Old 01-20-2022, 03:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

me either, but you're getting colder. Not ice cold mind you. But colder.

Let's be clear, JB007 -

Banks are not making loan decisions based upon a number Trump wrote down on a financial statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies