Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 07:42 AM

17,379 posts, read 16,518,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Here is a real kicker.

Another study released earlier this week has concluded that those who had the common cold (caused by the corona virus) have some immunity to covid.
Now before you think you are safe because you had a cold in the past, remember that only about 1/4 of cold viruses come from the coronavirus, with 40% or so coming from the rhinovirus, and the rest from a couple more viruses.

Still that would explain why some people barely felt ill or were asymptomatic, yet tested positive. I am just surprised it took this long to prove it, as some scientists were speculating about this 2 years ago.
Any doctor speaking out about natural immunity 2 years ago was labeled a quack and threatened with having their medical licenses taken away.

Now we are finding out that they were 100% correct as many of us knew all along.

This has never been about public health. It's been about control via herd management. Sheeple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 07:46 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
I think the bigger question is how do you know if you natural immunity will be strong enough to keep you from getting ill? Is there a test for that???

If not, then i will stick with the vaccine....

Still, the scare tactics used by our leaders and media are simply atrocious. Not surprising though.. politicians are scum and media outlets are running a close 2nd...

Old 01-21-2022, 07:49 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the bigger question is how do you know if you natural immunity will be strong enough to keep you from getting ill? Is there a test for that???

If not, then i will stick with the vaccine....

Still, the scare tactics used by our leaders and media are simply atrocious. Not surprising though.. politicians are scum and media outlets are running a close 2nd...
I could be wrong, but --

I thought I read that there IS a test to see if someone has "COVID antibodies" (not sure of the correct term).

I completely agree with your last paragraph, btw -- although I would change "running a close 2nd" to "running a very close second".

Old 01-21-2022, 07:53 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
They have known about natural immunity for a long time. The politicians and Fauci wanted to force the vaccine on everyone regardless if they have already had covid and then recovered. So they waited until they could get the most amount of people vaccinated then they let everyone know the facts. This is political and they should be ashamed.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:53 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I've been following the epidemiologists' podcasts. From what they say, I understand natural immunity is the standard by which vaccine effectiveness is measured. If you think about what vaccination means, it is exposing you to a harmless version of the virus. So the most you can hope for is that your body develops as much immunity from the vaccine as you would by overcoming the real thing. Either way it is still your own body producing the antibodies.

I remember a commercial in the 70's or 80's where they had people in a blind taste test compare real butter vs whatever brand of margarine they were selling. Everyone always picked the margarine as being the butter. It always made me mad because nothing can taste more like butter then butter. It might taste better then butter but that's not what they were saying. They said it tasted more like butter then butter. Grrr... Anyway, my point is it turns out that butter is better for you then margarine. lol.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 01-21-2022 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-21-2022, 08:31 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I remember a commercial in the 70's or 80's where they had people in a blind taste test compare real butter vs whatever brand of margarine they were selling. Everyone always picked the margarine as being the butter. It always made me mad because nothing can taste more like butter then butter. It might taste better then butter but that's not what they were saying. They said it tasted more like better then butter. Grrr... Anyway, my point is it turns out that butter is better for you then margarine. lol.
Haha...that's a good example. Thanks for that.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:39 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Wow. Who'da thunk?

It's so much fun living in an idiocracy. I could have told the dumbasses that on the first day. And it probably would have saved several million dollars worth of "studies." Maybe we could have another publicly funded study attempting to show that the earth isn't flat.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:04 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
the purpose of a vaccine...and what every vaccine tries to do....is mimic natural immunity

Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
What infuriates me is that the narrative today is still "vaccines" only on your passport are accepted.

Got antibodies from a previous bout with Covid? Nope - you shall not pass! In fact, you are still considered an enemy of the vax-nazis.

Compliance is the narrative, not the overall public good.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:30 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm not sure how blasting it out to the world that the CDC, Fauci and Biden were spreading misinformation by failing to account for natural immunity will help Biden's credibility one bit.

Why are they suddenly being honest with people now?

Good question. My opinion: Most people have been uninformed during Covid. Whatever Fauci and CDC said was accepted as true, and when they changed their minds it was looked at as, “following the science.” They hang onto every word and forgive all misinformation from Fauci team.
Those who were uninformed will look at this as “new information,” and not “misinformation.”
CDC Fauci, and soon mainstream MDs who were opposed to any alternative other than the vax will start coming around too.
They all coordinate their rhetoric. It’s time for them to give Biden a win over Covid, and the end justifies the means.
After watching the leftist machine and how the medical industrial complex operates with the FDA, CDC and Biden regime, I don’t put anything past them.
People in general are uninformed.
People posting here are more informed than the general public.
I know highly intelligent people who believe all of the agenda put forth and never do any additional reading on anything to do with Covid or the vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies