Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 04:14 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You wrote, "Yes, a lot of people have been gravely injured and many killed by Covid" - when I wrote the VACCINE did this.

You may want to start here.

"But the facts are on my side" - chuckles.
Vaers is an incident report of voluntary info. If get jock itch you can report it, that doesn't mean it is actually caused by what ever you are reporting against, it is just an incident. If you fall off a ladder you can report it, it doesn't mean anything conclusive. It is not a concise study of anything. It doesn't prove anything. It's how researchers can start to look for patterns, it is not conclusive of anything.

You should know this.

Yet, these same people you don't trust, maintain the VAERS site. You don't trust their advice nor their help, but you trust what you think VAERS means.

It does not compute.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Vaers is an incident report of voluntary info. If get jock itch you can report it, that doesn't mean it is actually caused by what ever you are reporting against, it is just an incident. If you fall off a ladder you can report it, it doesn't mean anything conclusive. It is not a concise study of anything. It doesn't prove anything. It's how researchers can start to look for patterns, it is not conclusive of anything.

You should know this.

Yet, these same people you don't trust, maintain the VAERS site. You don't trust their advice nor their help, but you trust what you think VAERS means.

It does not compute.
Studies should be concise?..... or comprehensive?

Old 01-20-2022, 04:17 PM

Covid-19 was indeed the black plague of the 21st Century, worth shutting down the planet for....

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2 - from the February 26, 2020 edition of The New England Journal of Medicine.

Article co-authored by .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Anthony Fauci.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There's been research on batch #s, reported on Vaers. Evil, if true, certainly criminal.

Not everyone got the same thing...same levels.

That's possibly why so many have been injured or died while others had no effect.

However, one plays Russian Roulette long enough, they're going to lose.

The majority have not taken a booster - if they're wise, they'll stop now while they're still somewhat ahead.

And some keep moving the goal posts in regards to quantity when they use the word 'rare'.
I didn't get the booster and I got Covid, real bad, by January 3 this year.

I will never allow that lapse again. It was horrible.

Don't risk it. Get the vaccine, and stay boosted, you don't want this.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I didn't get the booster and I got Covid, real bad, by January 3 this year.

I will never allow that lapse again. It was horrible.

Don't risk it. Get the vaccine, and stay boosted, you don't want this.
Glad you are well. (Seriously)

But you said the vaccines help stop transmission.

I gave you a URL where Rochelle Wallensky says it doesn't.

Are you correct and is she incorrect? Is that what you're saying?

Just asking to be certain.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:22 PM

15,844 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Most of the anti-vaxxer arguments I've seen are strawman arguments. This is another.

"In recent time, several of the things you believed in were proven to be false. The CDC admitted cloth masks don't work."

Not quite. Cloth masks are less effective against the omicron variant. But they are certainly better than no mask. They do work to a certain degree. That has always been true.

"A major argument made by "skeptics" is that the vaccines are dangerous and have caused both serious physical damage and death. I've tried to argue this point here repeatedly since 2021, but it is truly peculiar how the pro-vaxxers here refuse to consider this argument."

Most drugs have some risks, and I don't believe this has been denied. However, it is a relatively small risk. People who put all kids of unhealthy junk in their bodies seem okay about doing that, yet are squeamish about a drug specifically engineered to combat a much more dangerous disease. Are you okay with eating peanuts? 1.1% of people have an allergy to it, but has that stopped you? To quote your words, peanuts "are dangerous and have caused both serious physical damage and death".

Old 01-20-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:

You should know this.

It does not compute.
You have no way of proving that reported cases of adverse reactions including deaths, myocarditis, etc., were faked or forged. VAERS shows that deaths skyrocketed since the vaccines were rolled out.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:25 PM

25,753 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
WE are still waiting for this "vaccinated people will start dropping like flies".

When was that supposed to start happening? I don't see it.
Give it time. I know patience is not a leftist virtue. But smoke a couple and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Most of the anti-vaxxer arguments I've seen are strawman arguments.
0.14% is not a strawman argument. And, in absence of all this other stuff we discuss related to covid, it's the only argument I need to make my choice.

By the way, you didn't read 40 years worth of studies that state cloth masks are essentially worthless against blocking viruses, did you? Only the "studies" that came out after this became a politically charged affair. And you trusted them. P. T. Barnum would love you.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
"In recent time, several of the things you believed in were proven to be false. The CDC admitted cloth masks don't work."

Not quite. Cloth masks are less effective against the omicron variant. But they are certainly better than no mask. They do work to a certain degree. That has always been true.
Without any sarcasm - the Omicron and Delta variants are viruses. They are extremely small organisms which cannot be seen with the naked eye. Yet you know for a fact that a cloth mask will stop Delta but not Omicron? If this is what you assert, please provide proof for this.

Because by doing this, you're claiming that as a virus mutates to a new version of itself, it grows enough in size that a cloth mask, which the CDC said doesn't work, will partially block it.

I find this claim, to be polite, rather curious. As such, kindly do show me where you found proof for this claim.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:30 PM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Why are people using language like 'leftist' ,...this is a Vax or anti-vax thing.

Putting it on a political side does nothing. You will get nowhere no matter how much either side rants. It's a dead end and not meant to be "won" by design.

You got your stats, you got your facts. argue that.

now continue on for my entertainment, I still got 30 min left at work.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies