Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 03:40 PM

5,890 posts, read 2,749,510 times

Advertisements

https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/20/t...-55-7-to-42-2/

Wow! Even if it's R+8 or R+10, it'll be unimaginable the seats and races that flip!

56% support Republicans, 42% support Democrats, and 2% have no opinion.

Usually with the MSM polling, they have 10-20% undecided. So, those polls are truly useless. I'm not saying this poll will be the result, but it's nice to see a poll that doesn't have so many undecided people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 04:35 PM

33,865 posts, read 16,906,563 times
2022 will be a great year for the GOP.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:45 PM

1,598 posts, read 854,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
2022 will be a great year for the GOP.

It had better be. I read this piece by N.S. Lyons yesterday and have been depressed ever since. It's long, but one of the most wonderfully written essays I've read in a long time, and reflects a lot of my own observations, especially in the corporate world. Highly recommend if you have the time. Long story short, a war has been thrust upon us while we were sleeping and it's far from over.

https://theupheaval.substack.com/p/n...tion-isnt-over

At least in the Boswash (the corridor of East Coast establishment power running from Boston to Washington), using January to make public predictions about the year ahead is an ironclad tradition. Usually these predictions end up being completely wrong, because no one here has any idea what they’re talking about. I hope that holds true in my case, because I want to use my mandatory annual forecast to dump a few gallons of cold, contrarian water on what seems to have recently become a fashionable prediction: that the “woke” ideological revolution roiling the West has peaked and will soon be in full blown retreat.

Consider a handful of examples of this new genre:
While a few of those examples are from earlier in 2021, this theme seems to have really emerged and begun to solidify into a consensus among more centrist types soon after the beginning of November 2021. That was when some conservative American politicians won or almost won a few special elections, in part by riding a popular backlash to Critical Race Theory in schools, and a number of local ballot measures to defund police departments failed around the country. Republicans, feeling especially good about their chances against a flailing Biden, started drooling over a “Red Wave” expected to sweep them back to power in the 2022 midterm elections. And now that private equity executive turned Virginia governor Glenn Youngkin has personally won the culture war’s Battle of Midway, the tide has turned and, aside from the occasional messy beachhead here or there, inevitable victory is now in sight, or something.

One would think that by now all these anti-woke conservatives and moderate liberals would have learned at least some of the bitter lessons from the last decade about how political power and cultural change actually work, but I guess not. They could have taken note of all the fundamental factors driving this ideological belief system, all of which had to be painstakingly uncovered, layer by layer, even as it swept through every institution. But they have not. (Like, do they even read the pages and pages of erudite Substack anthropology on the topic? No?) They could have recognized by now that this is not a simple political issue with a political solution, but they have not.

Look, honestly I really didn’t want to have to do this. Come the New Year I had resolved to focus on the positives and all that crap. But I haven’t seen anyone else do it, so guess I have no choice and the duty falls to me to deliver the pessimistic news: no, the Revolution is far from over.
So, in what might also serve as a handy tour guide to the vast depths of the ideological abyss, catalogued at length here – in convenient listicle format! – are twenty reasons to get woke and despair.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:36 PM

17,457 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Fantastic news. After another year of Marxists running the federal government, it should be up to +25 or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies