Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 10:29 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Oops. [celeb] dies after deliberately [getting a vaccine and] catching COVID-19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 10:37 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
One of many, but I'm not going to waste my time with all the fights he's had with people regarding vaccines. I guess he misspoke.

Hospitals have never been overrun with Covid patients, before or after vaccines.

P.S. Some of us do follow comments made by others. Are we supposed to clear our minds of things you've posted Easthome?
Sure they were. Did you forget what it was like in parts of this country back in March and April of 2020?

I saw my endocrinologist, whose office is attached to a hospital, in early March 2020. I saw him again in July, when he had just cautiously reopened his office part-time.

He said, "A week after you were here last, we got our first two patients into St. Michael's with COVID. The next day, there were four, the next day eight, and that's how it kept going. We didn't run out of beds because they died as fast as they came in. I closed down this office and for a while I thought I'd never open it again. My staff and I were all at the hospital all the time. But it has finally subsided enough that I am starting to hope for the first time that we will get back to normal."

My mother died in late March of 2020 (at home of heart failure, not of COVID). She and my sister had the same kidney doctor. When my sister saw this doctor a few months later, she was surprised to find out that he had no idea our mother was dead, but then she learned the reason. The same day our mother died, this doctor's father had died of COVID. He'd taken his father to the ER of the hospital where he was a doctor, and he sat with him for 24 hours in the ER because he could not get his own father admitted in his own hospital, they were so overrun. People were on stretchers and beds in the hallways.

My friend's father died of COVID and she had a ten-day wait to get him cremated, they were so backed up. Are you saying the hospitals weren't overrun, but the crematoriums were? Ya don't think there was a correlation there?

Anyway, just a couple of examples to demonstrate the inaccuracy of your claim above. It really was like that in our part of the country. Yes, we remember how some of you giggled it away as a big hoax, but we lived it.

We had an MD posting on our state forum who was in the trenches. He was the first one telling us about the blood clots and that it was affecting diabetics more, and how they'd learned to put them on blood thinners and turn them on their stomachs, and by the end of those first few months, they'd lowered the death rate for the people on vents from almost 100% to 70%. The rest of you benefitted from what was learned in the hard-hit areas in those first few months.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:06 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

And, yes I do disagree with Trump. At this time no one knows for sure why, vaccinated or not, some die while others don't, why some get sick and others catch it but feel little to nothing. Some people battling lung, heart or cancer problems survive while others who appear hale and hearty die...regardless of vaccine/no vaccine.

All that I'm saying is people need to stop pushing the 'your life depends on you being vaccinated and if you're not vaccinated then you're gonna die' shtick.
People can say whatever they want. Remember the first amendment. Howver laws that punish the unvaxxed are wrong. With Omicron the vaxxed and unvaxxed can spread it so forcing the vaccine makes no sense.

I disagree the outcome of getting covid is mystery we don't understand. If you are vaccinated your odds of dying from covid go way down. You are trying to muddy the facts up. I get why.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
so now Trump IS a scientist? I mean, I know you're not a Leftist, but think about this for a minute.

He is missing the most important word - "more protected" or "mostly protected".

Also, I'd be interested in hearing how car wrecks are often random. I can't imagine how many times properly maintained cars, operated by capable and focused drivers, get into car wrecks.
I agree Trump should have stated it a little differently. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Bad outcomes can happen no matter how prudent you are. I have the vaccine and booster because I strongly believe it lowers the odds greatly of dying from covid. But it's not a guarantee.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:16 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sure they were. Did you forget what it was like in parts of this country back in March and April of 2020?
There's no need for me to quote the rest of your comment as you're being guided by the same misinformation as most other people.

No, hospitals and ICUs have never been "overrun" by Covid patients. To be "overrun", a rational person would conclude that would involve the majority of patients having the disease. Despite the misinformation by the media and posters on forums like this one, that term has taken on a life of it's own but it is no more true today than it was in March and April of 2020.

ICUs prior to the pandemic were typically run at approximately 65% (clearly all non-covid patients). The whole flattening the curve nonsense was to not use up that extra 35%. On average, there have never been more than 1 in 3 ICU patients with Covid, and never more than 1 in 7 for in-patient care (non-ICU). This has been documented for quite some time on the John Hopkins site (keep in mind I am talking about the U.S. but doubt this is any different in most countries).

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hos...on-7-day-trend

If you want to claim a hospital or ICU unit is "overrun", you really need to look at the 6 out of 7 for in-patient care or the 2 out of 3 for the ICU.

In addition, I mentioned (as did many) back in March and April of 2020 that we had a capacity and labor problem and it needed to be addressed. It never really was addressed despite the fact that we only have 100k ICU beds and 1 million hospital beds for a nation of 330 million people. Certainly we were never well equipped to take care of a pandemic and virtually nothing was done about it. Keep in mind thousands of health care workers were being laid off at the same time that certainly could have been trained up over the last 2 years. I'm not talking about those fired for not being vaccinated (a very dumb move) but rather those working in areas like elective surgeries which were shut down during the pandemic. Now, will there be people that will cherry pick a hospital of two....sure. But looking across the nation, the statement that hospitals are being overrun by Covid patients is blatantly false.

What I have wanted from the start was to have a conversation with people that had the intellectual curiosity not to blindly listen to the media and some in our medical communities that have politicized this pandemic. What I got instead were people that just parroted fear mongering mantras and villainized people which is pathetic and sad.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I disagree with Trump. Most people, vaxxed and unvaxxed don’t end up going to the hospital for Covid. Even more so for omicron.
Most people do not die who get in car wrecks. I know some hate that analogy but it's perfect in this discussion. Should we remove all seatbelts because the odds of dying while driving is low?

Old 01-23-2022, 11:47 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
There's no need for me to quote the rest of your comment as you're being guided by the same misinformation as most other people.

No, hospitals and ICUs have never been "overrun" by Covid patients. To be "overrun", a rational person would conclude that would involve the majority of patients having the disease. Despite the misinformation by the media and posters on forums like this one, that term has taken on a life of it's own but it is no more true today than it was in March and April of 2020.

<snipped>
Your post makes no sense as a response to mine. You're coming up with your own version of "overrun" to make some sort of obscure point, but my post had absolutely zip, zero, nada to do with politics, so don't play that stupid game with me.

You may not like "overrun" because it doesn't fit your agenda, but when an illness has so taken a grip on area hospitals that people are dying in hallways and ambulances are sitting outside for 24 hours because they can't deliver the patients, that sounds like overrun to me. It had nothing to do with the media or politics. It's what was going on in real life with real people that we all knew.

When they relocate an entire pediatrics ward to a hospital in another part of the state to accommodate COVID patients, that does sound as if the majority of patients in that hospital were being treated for COVID. My neighbor is a pediatric nurse at that hospital who found herself treating COVID patients instead. She will barely talk about what she saw in those months.

It was not all over the nation, but that's how it was in some parts of the country, particularly in north and central Jersey. This was not at one or two or five hospitals, but many. To deny it is was so is ignorant.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-23-2022 at 12:21 PM..

Old 01-23-2022, 11:53 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The only thing more ridiculous than this story is the people trying to convince everyone that the singer with covid just coincidentally up and died.
Well, when someone gets the vaxx then ups and dies, the vaxx cult jump up and down saying it was a coincidence, people die all the time correlation does not equal cause.

And then there are those who say things like karma 100% when an unvaxxed person dies.

So basically, in this case, the same applies, correlation does not equal causation. People die from heart attacks or choking all the time.

I must say though, the blood clot in the lungs does sound feasible given that back pain can be a symptom of that. Or cardiac arrest for that matter.

But the important message here is that two vaxxed people caused the death of an unvaxxed person. Both son and husband who were vaxxed were sick with covid and infected her.

If this lady did deliberately allow herself to catch covid, then we should be blaming the anti-vaxx restrictions.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:00 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
It really is sick that the Vaccination Cult is so evil that they actually celebrate when people die.

I've got three comorbidities, so naturally I'm triple vaccinated. Covid-19 hit our home. The kids got it. My triple vaccinated wife got it. Thank goodness for Omicron because it was a mild cold and not much else happened. I didn't get sick at all and tested negative. Yes I think that vaccination played a huge role in that. I would strongly recommend vaccination to anyone over the age of 30, but I will not spike the proverbial football, do a victory dance and bask in the applause whenever an unvaccinated human being dies from Covid-19. What kind of sick person does that???

Old 01-23-2022, 12:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Most people do not die who get in car wrecks. I know some hate that analogy but it's perfect in this discussion. Should we remove all seatbelts because the odds of dying while driving is low?
Vaccine should be a choice. I also favor seatbelts to be a choice, not a law even though I choose to wear one and make my kids wear them too. That said, I’m not seeing much real world evidence that the vaccine makes any difference at all for omicron. In talking to dozens of people who have had it, it ranges from cold like to flu like and vaccine status does not seem to matter at all.

My own unvaxxed family is getting over covid right now and we had varying degrees of severity ranging from cold like to flu like. The vaccine played zero role in who’s cases were more mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies