Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 09:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

So I will own my laziness. This bill directly addresses 'toy guns'/paintball guns meant to replicate REAL guns.

So we aren't talking the purple and orange plastic monstrosity everyone of us bought for our kids....right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex...Sess=&Session=

Can you say "IMBECILE??" I knew you could

The inmates are definitely in charge of the asylum now!
Just means they need an orange tip.

Figured that was common everywhere…

Carry on with the drama queen antics…

Old 01-21-2022, 09:57 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,263,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Just means they need an orange tip.

Figured that was common everywhere…

Carry on with the drama queen antics…
Nope, read the actual bill, orange tips won't cut it. Might want to do a bit more research before ridiculing others.

Plus, very few airsoft/pellet guns come with orange tips anymore, usually it's the cheaper ones designed for younger shooters.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:15 AM

What is far more chilling about the bill isn't the devices it's going after, it's the punishment:

Quote:
If the advertisement or sale of an imitation firearm fails to comply with the provisions of subsection (b) or (c), the manufacturer, advertiser, and seller of the non-compliant imitation firearm shall be held strictly liable
Quote:
If a person is injured or otherwise harmed as a result of the person's possession or use of a non-compliant imitation firearm, the manufacturer and seller of the imitation firearm shall be held strictly liable for minimum damages of: .....
Quote:
If a school is disrupted or closed due to the presence of a non-compliant imitation firearm, the manufacturer and seller of the non-compliant imitation firearm shall be strictly liable
So if this bill passes in it's current form, the manufacturer (amongst others) will be open to liability. The broader implications and motivation for this bill is becoming more obvious and those who crafted it are certainly not "imbeciles", rather they have a grander scheme afoot.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:17 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I heard holding a rock was going to be made a felony as well.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I heard holding a rock was going to be made a felony as well.
unless it has an orange tip, then it's only a misdemeanor

Old 01-21-2022, 10:30 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,709,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How many have had cops come into the neighborhood/county park, sirens blaring, looking for kids who appear to be adults carrying seriously dangerous firearms and chasing each other?
So now we should make laws and throw innocent people in jail based on the fact that a bunch of cranky boomers are calling the cops regularly on kids?
As long as those fake guns are not used to commit crimes I do not see an issue. Whats next? Charging people with murder if they stage a fake murder scene?

Old 01-21-2022, 10:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
So now we should make laws and throw innocent people in jail based on the fact that a bunch of cranky boomers are calling the cops regularly on kids?
As long as those fake guns are not used to commit other crimes I do not see an issue. Whats next? Charging people with murder if they stage a fake murder scene?
I've asked for stats on this incredibly common and everyday issue.

I mean, hundreds of kids with paintball guns are getting shot by cops every single day.

[sarcasm]

There's a handful here who just stir the pot bots.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:34 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
keep the red states red unless you want this nonsense

Old 01-21-2022, 10:47 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you look at paintball guns (toys) that are currently on the market, you can't tell them from real deadly firearms.

It's dangerous. And yes, they HAVE been mistaken for real firearms with dangerous consequences.

Used to be, toy guns looked like toy guns as they should. That's changed.
It would only matter if someone is brandishing the firearm, real or imitation.

Rather than passing unnecessary laws the better course of action is for parents to teach the children a healthy respect for firearms, authority, and fellow humans. It is not the role of the government to pseudo-parent in the actual parent's absence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies