Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 11:11 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you realize that orange airsoft guns are the goal with this?

Orange, where you'd know they're a toy. That's the goal here.

Google paintball guns. They look REAL.
Do you work for the DNC and paid to come here and post your hyperbole BS????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 06:17 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Illinois government: “you’ll shoot your eye out!”

Old 01-21-2022, 06:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It would only matter if someone is brandishing the firearm, real or imitation.

Rather than passing unnecessary laws the better course of action is for parents to teach the children a healthy respect for firearms, authority, and fellow humans. It is not the role of the government to pseudo-parent in the actual parent's absence.
I'm not sure how parents teaching children a "healthy respect for firearms" comes into the picture, when the kids are out playing paintball with commercially available paintball guns that look like real firearms, and can be mistaken for real firearms by passersby.

That's the problem.

Old 01-21-2022, 11:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It would only matter if someone is brandishing the firearm, real or imitation.

Rather than passing unnecessary laws the better course of action is for parents to teach the children a healthy respect for firearms, authority, and fellow humans. It is not the role of the government to pseudo-parent in the actual parent's absence.
Ive taught all my children that in this country the 2nd Amendment is so they can defend themselves from the govt, (if ever need be).

Old 01-22-2022, 07:16 AM

6,365 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how parents teaching children a "healthy respect for firearms" comes into the picture, when the kids are out playing paintball with commercially available paintball guns that look like real firearms, and can be mistaken for real firearms by passersby.

That's the problem.
Well that statement explains a lot.

When kids are taught a "heathy respect" they are taught how and when to use them. Such as lessons like when you are using your paintball gun don't go into the local convenience store "pretending" to rob it. Don't go walking down the street with your gun so people passing by don't even have the opportunity to mistake it for a real gun...

The problem isn't the kids with a "healthy respect", it is the criminals who can use these guns to commit crimes with no or very minimal consequences.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:21 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Please link to police reports, especially those where kids have been shot. You can imagine why I don't believe your post.

It's wonderful that this is the target of a bill... no one is at all interested in ACTUAL gun battles in Chicago? No? Where small kids get killed every weekend?

Shocker.
She should not be your secretary - do your own research or are you just too good?

Old 01-22-2022, 08:41 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex...Sess=&Session=

Can you say "IMBECILE??" I knew you could

The inmates are definitely in charge of the asylum now!
When you elect dems!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2022, 10:48 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,152,345 times
Another freedom, another little thing, taken from the law-abiding majority because a certain demographic can't behave. In Milwaukee we have an upscale mall that has had many criminal incidents, a game arcade had to be shut down, one annual city festival cancelled, a big church festival had to change venues, the midway (rides) at Summerfest is no more, State Fair has a larger police presence now due to numerous whites being assaulted several years ago, and the basketball court in the park near me was dismantled. All due to violence and/or continuing misbehavior by the usual suspects. If this truth is uncomfortable for some, so be it.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:13 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex...Sess=&Session=

Can you say "IMBECILE??" I knew you could

The inmates are definitely in charge of the asylum now!
With some of the STRICTEST gun laws in the country"
"Chicago has exceeded 800 homicides in 2021 | WBEZ Chicago"

And they are concerned about bb guns, etc?

You can't make this stuff up!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2022, 06:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:

That's the problem.
Where's the evidence it's a problem?

You know what a real problem is? Kids getting killed in Chicago by gangbangers with real guns.

Let us know when Illinois decides to tackle that one.

ADD: Just figured it out. this is to protect gangbangers. They'll paint their real guns fun colors and if they get shot by a cop, the family will say "it looked like a water pistol, why'd the cop shoot him?" and then sue for millions for wrongful death and win.

NOW it's starting to make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies