Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 07:56 AM

17,381 posts, read 16,524,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My personal healthcare choice is to only be around people who are vaccinated, masked, and test regularly. That's the environment I currently have at work now, and the environment I have socially.

I'm not interested in workplaces that can't guarantee that type of environment.
Good luck with that. How many boosters will be too many for you? We all have our limits and that includes the people you work with and those that you socialize with.

If they refuse to get the 4th booster, do you want to see them fired? Will you stop inviting them to happy hour at your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 08:38 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Sounds like they are concerned with losing existing work force.
Training new people and the time it takes for them to get familiar with company procedures and environment cost money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
As though that has some relevance to mandating a dangerous injection that does nothing to reduce, let alone stop, COVID infection and transmission?
When convictions are not strong enough to put your wallet on the table.........

Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like they are concerned with losing existing work force.
Training new people and the time it takes for them to get familiar with company procedures and environment cost money.

When convictions are not strong enough to put your wallet on the table.........
Sorry, but I have no idea what your point is or what you're trying to say.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:03 AM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Good luck with that. How many boosters will be too many for you? We all have our limits and that includes the people you work with and those that you socialize with.

I expect to get a yearly COVID shot just like I get a yearly flu shot. I expect those around me to do the same - especially since I found my healthy, young best friend dead from the flu during the 2017-18 flu season (the worst in recent memory).

Because I am immunocompromised, the vaccines have less impact on protecting me so I rely on those around me to mitigate risk. I had a *very* mild breakthrough flu 3 weeks ago and I still am having trouble breathing and cough so much my chest aches.

Quote:
If they refuse to get the 4th booster, do you want to see them fired? Will you stop inviting them to happy hour at your house?

My workplace will let anyone go who is eligible but has not gotten the covid booster next week. We had minimal impact to the previous decision to let anyone go who was not fully vaccinated by the end of last summer. We also require a flu vaccine, and I expect will require a yearly covid vaccine in the future.

As I continue to grow my career, I will prioritize employers with similar plans.

And of course I wouldn't remain friends with someone who does not consider the health of those around them. How can you refuse to do everything possible to mitigate risk to high risk friends and expect to remain friends?

Old 01-21-2022, 10:08 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
My personal healthcare choice is to only be around people who are vaccinated, masked, and test regularly. That's the environment I currently have at work now, and the environment I have socially.

I assume you never leave your house.

What a horrible way to live.

>99% survival rate IF ill.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:09 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
Quote:

Vaccinated, masked and test regularly? Sounds like your blind faith in the vaccine is not strong enough to preclude the last two, which can be done without a vaccine.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I expect to get a yearly COVID shot just like I get a yearly flu shot. I expect those around me to do the same - especially since I found my healthy, young best friend dead from the flu during the 2017-18 flu season (the worst in recent memory).

Because I am immunocompromised, the vaccines have less impact on protecting me so I rely on those around me to mitigate risk. I had a *very* mild breakthrough flu 3 weeks ago and I still am having trouble breathing and cough so much my chest aches.

My workplace will let anyone go who is eligible but has not gotten the covid booster next week. We had minimal impact to the previous decision to let anyone go who was not fully vaccinated by the end of last summer. We also require a flu vaccine, and I expect will require a yearly covid vaccine in the future.

As I continue to grow my career, I will prioritize employers with similar plans.

And of course I wouldn't remain friends with someone who does not consider the health of those around them. How can you refuse to do everything possible to mitigate risk to high risk friends and expect to remain friends?
You want the world to bow at your feet. Do everything YOU demand.

We get it.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:10 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If you were making a complaint concerning your company about anything but the vaccine mandate or maybe something like "cultural sensitivity training"...

the typical right wing response would be. "If you don't like it then you don't have to work there." LOL.
And now, the Marxists are saying it. Flip floppers.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

I also wonder what's next. Mandatory flu shots? Vaccine check for disease du juor status is up to date? Make sure all women are taking BC because the company doesn't employ preggers?

People are so short sighted. They are clueless. And willingly so because they want to claim superiority.

Wait till the next vaccine mandate is a shot that they cannot get. Will they be saying, oh, I'm so happy I got fired since I believe in vaccine mandates. So glad I just lost my house.

People are willingly stupid these days.

Old 01-21-2022, 10:57 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Quote:

Good Lord. People have lost their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies