Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 08:21 AM

8,407 posts, read 4,569,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...it is, most certainly, a choice....coercion from an outside entity to get you to make the choice they want you to make, does not negate the fact it is still a choice, and you chose one or the other...

Sounds like the choice was made for you. All we are doing now is negotiating the punishment for not realizing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...no, i'm not ok with coercion...just use the correct words, that's all....go look up what a choice is and tell where the qualifier's are?..as in; if i get coerced to do something it is no longer a choice? sorry no, it's still a choice...words have meaning...

It's a little like saying a person given the choice of jumping into a volcano or a pit full of venomous reptiles is given a choice.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The vaccination for the federal workforce is already in the high 90's, anti-vaxers will be disappointed. Will this judge claim that military vaccinations are now too broad, sounds like an activist judge.

No. The goal all along was to just get as many as possible vaccinated. The threat of an unconstitutional mandate meets the same goal as doing it legally. It's a dangerous precedent that could be used for a lot of things you wouldn't be in favor of.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:31 AM

33,289 posts, read 12,476,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Precisely because of the checks and balances put in place between Executive, Legislature, and Judicial.

Those Founding Fathers had some great ideas!

Bring the statues back!!!
Why ?

Old 01-23-2022, 11:30 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's a little like saying a person given the choice of jumping into a volcano or a pit full of venomous reptiles is given a choice.
...great!...you finally understand that words have meaning....and your example?...whether the person 'chooses' the volcano or the pit of vipers..it is still a 'choice', get it?...

Old 01-23-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
hey, it's a choice for you to commit a crime, therefore, 4th amendment does not apply to you.

see how stupid your argument is now?
...it's not stupid at all, it may be to you because your understanding of basic etymology is woefully lacking...no worries...

Old 01-23-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Sounds like the choice was made for you. All we are doing now is negotiating the punishment for not realizing that.
...i'm curious how you gleaned from my post that, "a choice was made for me"?...enlighten me, i'm really curious...

Old 01-23-2022, 05:08 PM

3,397 posts, read 1,440,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I 100% agree with the OSHA stay (note - not yet finally decided). But that related to private employers. The federal government has more control over its own workforce than it has over employees of private companies. I also note the following from the U.S. Code, from statutes adopted by Congress, as an example:

§3301. Civil service; generally
The President may—
(1) prescribe such regulations for the admission of individuals into the civil service in the executive branch as will best promote the efficiency of that service;
(2) ascertain the fitness of applicants as to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the employment sought; and
(3) appoint and prescribe the duties of individuals to make inquiries for the purpose of this section.
I was specifically reference Biden v. Missouri IN MY POST

The Majority asserted the Secretary of Health and Human Services has authority under legislation passed by Congress to require healthcare workers at facilities receiving federal funding, to be vaccinated

The question of Congress' authority to actually delegate such authority was not addressed by the Court, nor did the court address the question of these healthcare workers' fundamental rights being infringed upon by the mandate.

Here is a LINK to the 20-page order putting a hold on Biden’s vaccine mandate for federal workers. It is well worth studying!

Finally, it would be an absolute absurdity to believe that our founders, and those who ratified our Constitution, vested a power in Congress to delegate powers which it may not rightfully exercise itself.

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies